John Kerry says US farmers must radically transform food production to meet 'net zero' emissions goals by 2030

The Chinese city of Shanghai recorded its highest May temperature in more than 100 years on Monday, hitting a record 36.1 degrees Celsius (nearly 97 degrees Fahrenheit).

The previous record of 35.7 degrees Celsius (96.3 degrees Fahrenheit) was first recorded in May 1876 and has been reached just three other times since including 1903, 1915 and 2018, state media reported.

It's...fucking May. We're not even in summer yet. Not even near the hottest time of year.

In fact, I'm not sure we're even in an El Nino yet (officially).. These El Nino events can last 12-24 months.

I said it changes constantly... it's called weather.

I also said idiots like you are using a natural cycle to advantage.

You're stupid

So, you think that weather and climate are the same thing....and then you call other people stupid

200w.gif

You're not necessarily wrong. Lots of contradiction to go around.

That's why we're kinda fucked.
The reason we 'are kinda fucked," is because politicians, who know little to nothing about many of the provisions they legislate, will regulate and restrict the mass, while they continue to enjoy life. All for what? The sun monster?

Saying we 'are kinda fucked," is premised that forecasts, which have failed for 50+ years, are actually accurate. When there is no unity in the message (Gore, AOC, Thunberg, etc.), then you know they are just using scare tactics and attempting to gain more power over the people.

Where you are, and yes, where I am, too (Northern Virginia/DC). Pleasantly cool I must say.

Different story in East Asia, South Asia, North Africa, Canada, Russia, and Southern Europe. They are dealing with record heat. Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand have had the highest ever temperatures recorded in their country - not for the month...ever. Alberta's forest fires don't just stay in Alberta; they caused nearly 2 weeks of haze -- along the Eastern US coast, some 2500 miles away.

It's fucking May.
Always the same old story. Around the world it is hot as hell, except in the southern parts of the world which are in winter, but good ole America, where God shines every day. Except in Californication, and now Canada, which has gone full bore Communist...

How did Kerry cover up his mental, instability so well for so long? This guy is a total, hypocritical, lying asshole.

Always the same old story. Around the world it is hot as hell, except in the southern parts of the world which are in winter, but good ole America, where God shines every day. Except in Californication, and now Canada, which has gone full bore Communist...
:rolleyes:

lol Obama was all about Evil White Peeps causing global warming and sea levels rising and going to drown us all in speeches and legislation, then the the first thing he does with his bribe money on retiring is run out and buy a zillion dollar beach front house on Martha's Vinyard.

mPL6dkFXZLpjT2gvZwkbcB-768-80.jpg.webp

lol Obama was all about Evil White Peeps causing global warming and sea levels rising and going to drown us all in speeches and legislation, then the the first thing he does with his bribe money on retiring is run out and buy a zillion dollar beach front house on Martha's Vinyard.

mPL6dkFXZLpjT2gvZwkbcB-768-80.jpg.webp

This is why I think we're fucked. Even the people who are concerned about "climate change"* don't truly understand the magnitude of the problem and the degree of danger it represents.

And even if they did, all of civilization has this massive amount of construction that it has built and our system functions by attaching value to the land and its use.

There's no practical way to undo all of this without trashing the current economic and political systems that we have and starting over.

*I put climate change in quotes because the problem is bigger than that; the underlying problem is overuse of resources and the waste from it. Nothing "sustainable" can come from it, and pretending that there is just mischaracterizes the situation.

Weather changes are the result of heat moving from one part of the planet to another at any given moment. Climate is, among many things, impacted by the amount of stored heat in the oceans and atmosphere. We keep storing more and more heat. As we do, the weather gets more extreme.

Stay tuned. We've been fucking around for nearly 200 years, but we're about to get to the find out stage.

This is why I think we're fucked. Even the people who are concerned about "climate change"* don't truly understand the magnitude of the problem and the degree of danger it represents.

And even if they did, all of civilization has this massive amount of construction that it has built and our system functions by attaching value to the land and its use.

There's no practical way to undo all of this without trashing the current economic and political systems that we have and starting over.

*I put climate change in quotes because the problem is bigger than that; the underlying problem is overuse of resources and the waste from it. Nothing "sustainable" can come from it, and pretending that there is just mischaracterizes the situation.
This is why we have you here, to explain why it is that the poorer we all are, the less carbon emissions result.

In fact, why not just have the government take all our wealth and save the planet?

Then again, the electric rates to spike in the next couple of months and runaway inflation, perhaps your poverty utopia will be realized.

Forum List

Back