Can you imagine being 6 golf strokes ahead in a huge tournament and told live, you have Covid and have to withdraw

Why are they acting like it’s a death sentence? He obviously isn’t sick at all. A positive test isn’t a diagnosis from a doctor.
What lunacy.
Yes, they stand a better chance of being boinked in the head with a stray golf ball.

Please. This ain't a golf thread.

This is a Covid thread. Happened TODAY!!!!

6 strokes with 18 left happens once or twice a year. That is unreal to lose 1.6 million within your grasp and get ZERO

I'm sure Niklaus will take care of that, in that this never happened ever event. He is the tournament host
Why are they acting like it’s a death sentence? He obviously isn’t sick at all. A positive test isn’t a diagnosis from a doctor.
What lunacy.
A positive test means he is contagious. How are you not following?!

Poor Ms Cleo - Flailing and yelling at clouds all the live long day :lol:
Wassamatta? Can't remember posts? I asked you a golf question as you requested. You made an insulting comment instead of answering, which is your M.O. You are very familiar with failure and it is becoming obvious.

Excuse me for bringing ethnicity into the mix.

But IMHO if that golf player had been a non-Caucasian, he would never been embarrassed like that on live TV, and he would have definitely been allowed to continue playing in order to win the money.

White privilege? I think not!
Oh C’mon Parse - You’re gonna bring RACE into the mix here or are you being satirical?

It is my opinion that the people in charge of the tournament would NOT have dared to embarrass in today's social environment a person of color.

Have a nice day!

Even golfers are capable of grasping scientific realities and recognizing priorities.

... Jon Rahm wishes he had gotten vaccinated much, much sooner.
“I guess I wish I would have done it earlier, but thinking on scheduling purposes and having the PGA and defending Memorial, I was just — to be honest, it wasn't in my mind,” he said. “I'm not going to lie, I was trying to just get ready for a golf tournament.
"If I had done it in a few days earlier, probably we wouldn't be having these conversations right now. It is what it is. We move on.”
“To all the people criticizing the PGA Tour, they shouldn't,” Rahm said. “We are in a pandemic, and even though this virus has very different forms of attacking people, you never know what reaction you're going to get. So PGA Tour did what they had to do ... I've heard a lot of different theories: I should have played alone, I shouldn't have — that's nonsense. The rules are there, and it's clear.”
I didn't want to give the virus to anybody in my house. I didn't want to possibly give it to our young son,” Rahm said. “Yeah, I think the hardest part out of all this was for just over 10 days not being able to even spend any time with my little one.
“Adding to that, my parents came into town, couldn't be around them. My mom is fully vaccinated, so I spent a little bit of time. My dad is in the process. I wasn't there when my parents met my son, and I hadn't seen my parents in over a year, almost a year and a half. Those are the hard parts about this virus in life.”

To me, if the guy was already out there playing, he should've been allowed to finish. It wasn't like his equipment was going to be used later by other people if everyone else there brings their own golf clubs, shoes, etc.

God bless you and the guy always!!!

Holly

P.S. In my opinion, if the matter was serious enough, making the guy wear a mask would've been sufficient enough, especially if the guy was already wearing gloves.
The rules were written and used for over 50 events. Would you really write rules that would allow COVID-19 positive players to play as long as they wear a mask outside? Do you really think that would be adopted for pro sporting events of that size. I thought y’all believed that masks don’t work?
I am only asking what I ask due to the fact that the guy was even allowed to get started playing that day at all period. If rule enforcement was really that important to whoever yanked him from the picture, they never would've allowed him to be in front of that camera in the first place. To me, they have made it as clear as crystal glass that their only intention was to embarrass him.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. If I was playing against him, I would've taken a stand and said, "I won't be playing until he is able to return."
Rahm took it like a gentleman and his fellow competitors are acting classy as well. Golf is a game of character and integrity and the USGA and PGA do a fine job upholding those standards. The rules were clear. He had been flagged prior to the event because he had been exposed to somebody who tested positive. He had limited access and was tested daily and knew the rules that a positive test was a DQ.

He was allowed to play under the rules and he was DQed under the rules. Not sure what kind of stand you think i the other players should take but it sounds like it would be an irrational one
The fact that golf is a game of character and integrity should have been more than enough reason for Donald Trump never to have taken it up! ;)
Trump does not play golf. He plays his own fucked of version of rich guy driving a cart around a field hitting a ball around
Trump played a round with an executive from either ESPN or Sports Illustrated (from the book, Commander in Cheat) and when they were finished Trump told the guy "you owe me $27.00. The man said "I`m not giving you a nickel. You cheated on every hole". He takes gimmees from 8ft. out.
Gimmes are given, not taken... I thought that was a given
Donald is a taker - Been that way since birth

View attachment 498345

It’s okay to work out rules prior to an informal round.
We usually agree to one mulligan off the tee per 18 holes.
PS: Leo is obviously a prick who probably cheats
I didn't mention rules, I said $50 is not a serious game or bet. In any case the thread is about the poor guy that got disqualified for having a benign case of the flu. You keep obfuscating.
So fill in the blank Miss Cleo:
It is okay to cheat unless your bet is over $_____
Luvie. What kind of golf game you have??????

I'm on a traveling league and have around a 13 handicap. This means I shoot an average of about an 85

This is our traveling league rules.

Anything under 7000 yards is a seniors yardage. 6200 yard courses are putt putt

You must walk on this league. If you are hurt and can still play, you can use a cart but scores don't count.

Tee off times are at 11:00. We like broiling brutal conditions and by 3 you feel it

We have the greens faster than a pool table. All our courses have tricky breaking putter busting mayhem

We only play hilly side winding courses with narrow fairways and tricky roughs

We like lots of lakes and sand traps

So that is my 85....on a pussy course of 6200 I'd be about a 9 or 10 on a childrens course

These golf balls today are so illegal lolol.................On a good day I can drive it 265-70...................When I was 28, About 275

This pos thread got 11 pages....................lolol

Last edited:
I didn't mention rules, I said $50 is not a serious game or bet. In any case the thread is about the poor guy that got disqualified for having a benign case of the flu. You keep obfuscating.

I'm on a traveling league and have around a 13 handicap. This means I shoot an average of about an 85

You must walk on this league. If you are hurt and can still play, you can use a cart but scores don't count.

Tee off times are at 11:00. We like broiling brutal conditions and by 3 you feel it

We have the greens faster than a pool table. All our courses have tricky breaking putter busting mayhem

So that is my 85....on a pussy course of 6200 I'd be about a 9 or 10 on a childrens course

These golf balls today are so illegal lolol.................On a good day I can drive it 265-70...................When I was 28, About 275

An 85 on courses like that is worthy. That was about my average score when I was playing more often.

Of course I’ve been in the Pacific NW for past 30 years and there are 4-5 months a year, raining or snowing which makes winter fairly unfeasible.

Buf you didn’t answer my question Ms Cleo:

Its okay to cheat unless your bet is over ____

An 85 on courses like that is worthy. That was about my average score when I was playing more often.

Of course I’ve been in the Pacific NW for past 30 years and there are 4-5 months a year, raining or snowing which makes winter fairly unfeasible.

Buf you didn’t answer my question Ms Cleo:

Its okay to cheat unless your bet is over ____
I don't remember being asked that one Mr L

Cheating what???

We do allow one point of cheating on the course. You can use your club to get the best lie in the fairway, but no lift and place unless it plugs. Gotta have one break

6 strokes with 18 left happens once or twice a year. That is unreal to lose 1.6 million within your grasp and get ZERO

I'm sure Niklaus will take care of that, in that this never happened ever event. He is the tournament host
What lunacy.
Why did they test him at every hole when he already tested negative 3 plus times?

What lunacy.
Why did they test him at every hole when he already tested negative 3 plus times?
They didn’t test him every hole, your news source is wrong

Forum List

Back