Can you imagine being 6 golf strokes ahead in a huge tournament and told live, you have Covid and have to withdraw

Hang on Sloopy

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2015
Please. This ain't a golf thread.

This is a Covid thread. Happened TODAY!!!!

6 strokes with 18 left happens once or twice a year. That is unreal to lose 1.6 million within your grasp and get ZERO

I'm sure Niklaus will take care of that, in that this never happened ever event. He is the tournament host
Rahm should sue the fuck out of Fauxci.

6 strokes with 18 left happens once or twice a year. That is unreal to lose 1.6 million within your grasp and get ZERO

I'm sure Niklaus will take care of that, in that this never happened ever event. He is the tournament host
Was he vaccinated?

I can’t believe Jon didn’t get vaxed. He’s got a new born, would have thought with the amount of traveling he does he would have been first in line with a pregnant wife at home. Crazy to lose 2 mil just like that. Poof

He Just got his shot, but not before being exposed to the Covid case he caught. He wasn't immune yet and still isn't. Why he waited so long, I don't know but he took it like a man. He has got to be so disappointed.

He should propose that he is allowed to finish the final 18 after a week or two and a negative test. On his own, with a crowd (if they so choose) and a camera following him around.

I find golf thoroughly lacking in entertainment, outside of the rare playoff rounds or whatever it is called when two golfers are tied at the end. This however, would be a great t.v sports moment and completely unique to the year 2021 in which we live.

Cameras can follow a man on his own trying to get his rhythm back to protect his lead, or, make up strokes in the final stretch as the audience sits on the edge of their seat to see if he can do it all under pressure without any of the normal routine and players with him.

I'd watch that just for the historic precedent.

Knowing how unreliable the tests are it seems rather ridiculous for him not to be able to finish. you're outside, let him play the round by himself and his caddie
What test are you claiming is unreliable?
PCR...is there another
PCR tests are very accurate when properly performed by a health care professional, but the rapid test can miss some cases. Antigen test. This COVID-19 test detects certain proteins in the virus. Using a long nasal swab to get a fluid sample, some antigen tests can produce results in minutes.

Forum List

Back