Zone1 Can we have a threads per hour limit on USMB?

If you start a guh zillion threads every day, particularly when all of those threads are purpusefully framed in a very juvenile, shallow, trivial way, it ensures that you can steer the board into a direction where all of the topical content is discussed in that same juvenile tenor and utimately renders any discussion on said topic to remain very low value. It allows one to control the terms of controversy in a given topic by hijacking an issue and then creating the topical content in a manner that purposefully avoids the nuts and bolts of a given issue if you focus on trivial aspects of it instead, establishing those trivial aspects as the topic itself.

So you're basically forced by rule to wade in an intellectual mud puddle instead of drifting away toward the more relevant, more critical aspects of the issue.

Then you get an off-topic warning from some maude if you wander into any deeper aspect.

It's stupid. But that's how it is. Observably.

It also ensures that any other, more relevantly framed, threads on the same issue that would naturally come afterward, since the troll is always gonna beat you to the punch, would be closed in the interest of not having so-called duplicate threads.

So, basically, you beat the more serious posters to the punch by posting a thread on every news piece of the day that you find, as fast as you can, and do so in a very shallow manner, so that deeper discussion can therefore predictably be shut down by the maudes when other posters post better, more relevantly framed threads on the same thing.

That's what influencers do. Duh.

I've mentioned this in private to at least one senior mod before.

It was clearly a waste of my time.

Last edited:
Gets a little difficult when I want to see a variety of input and eight out of ten of the treads in the New Topics column come from the same source. Not even a source that most of the posters care to have anything to do with. Look at the pathetic numbers of replies that his threads get.

Well, he's not the only one who could be accused of "spamming" the board. What happens when someone with whom you agree and read falls into the "too many posts" category? Then it becomes "unfair... censorship..." and shit like that.

Seems to me ignoring him is easier than putting limits on everyone because of the abuse of one. Sort of like banning guns for everyone because a few assholes commit the most heinous of crimes using them...

If you start a guh zillion threads every day, particularly when all of those threads are framed in a very juvenile, shallow, trivial way, it ensures that you can steer the board into a direction where all of the topical content is discussed in that same juvenile tenor and utimately renders any discussion on said topic to remain very low value.

It also ensures that any other threads that would naturally come afterward, snce the troll is always gonna beat you to the punch, would be closed in the interest of not having so-called duplicate threads.

So, basically, you beat the more serious posters to the punch by posting a thread on every news piece of the day that you find, and do so in a very shallow manner, so that deeper discussion can therefore be shut down by the mods when other posters post better, more relevantly framed threads on the same thing.

I've mentioned this in private to at least one senior mod before.

It was clearly a waste of my time.
Why so serious?

It's totally up to you if you want to take a deeper dive in a thread but did you ever pause to consider that folks might not care about what you care about or at least not as deeply and prefer to stay on the shallow end of the thread pool....You know, where the fun is. ;)

Why so serious?

It's totally up to you if you want to take a deeper dive in a thread but did you ever pause to consider that folks might not care about what you care about or at least not as deeply and prefer to stay on the shallow end of the thread pool....You know, where the fun is. ;)

That midset is actually why this board's future doesn't look so great for anything other than trivial bumblefuckery any more.

The clowns are basically running the circus now. It won't get better. It will only get worse.

It's basically been reduced to a haven for everybody elses rejects. As a consequence, serious discussion is next to impossible now. Largely speaking anyway.

Last edited:
That midset is actually why this board's future doesn't look so great for anything other than trivial bumblefuckery any more.

Meh, well Mr. Serious all forums shift so if you don't care for the way this one is shifting then perhaps you would be happier someplace else.

200.gif

Or not, it matters little to me. ;)

Meh, well Mr. Serious all forums shift so if you don't care for the way this one is shifting then perhaps you would be happier someplace else.

200.gif

Or not, it matters little to me. ;)

I get around just fine.

But someone has to say it like it is. That's what men do.

Last edited:
Well, he's not the only one who could be accused of "spamming" the board. What happens when someone with whom you agree and read falls into the "too many posts" category? Then it becomes "unfair... censorship..." and shit like that.

Seems to me ignoring him is easier than putting limits on everyone because of the abuse of one. Sort of like banning guns for everyone because a few assholes commit the most heinous of crimes using them...
You may be a great inspiration here.

The clowns are basically running the circus now. It won't get better. It will only get worse.

It's basically been reduced to a haven for everybody elses rejects. As a consequence, serious discussion is next to impossible now. Largely speaking anyway.

Well…………..bye.

There is a poster today who is creating around 6 threads per hour. That is ridiculous.
That is so funny that you have brought this up Marathon Mike because just yesterday I did the math on a specific poster who has umpteen posts already and has only been here…. well I’ll just say not very long to not identify that specific suspect in question lol I had to take away hours for normal sleep time to come up with the posts per hour lol

There's a lot more wrong than just that, but you're not addressing the problems.

I don't think the moderators are interested in saving this forum anymore. Maybe one of them will show an interest in addressing the problems.

Immature behaviour in general has taken over and maybe there's nothing can be done about that?
Oh come on now Canadian fellow, the sky isn’t falling not just yet so don’t go there preemptively. The topic is whether or not there should be a limit on daily posts and is a valid question. I don’t think there should be limits because that opens the door to limiting all kinds of posters and drawing the line at X number of posts would be interesting to say the least. MM still has an accurate assessment regarding certain posters;)

Oh come on now Canadian fellow, the sky isn’t falling not just yet so don’t go there preemptively. The topic is whether or not there should be a limit on daily posts and is a valid question. I don’t think there should be limits because that opens the door to limiting all kinds of posters and drawing the line at X number of posts would be interesting to say the least. MM still has an accurate assessment regarding certain posters;)
I expect more from this forum than the childish nonsense it's becoming now.
I'm mildly interested in saving the sky from falling but I know that to bring it back, in my opinion, is going to take a concerted effort by the moderators.

I expect more from this forum than the childish nonsense it's becoming now.
I'm mildly interested in saving the sky from falling but I know that to bring it back, in my opinion, is going to take a concerted effort by the moderators.
Everything is relative to one’s past experiences. Coming from several years of experience on political chatrooms influenced my personal take. What comparatives do you have with your political exchange/oppositional experiences besides USMB? Maybe this has impacted your stance?

Forum List

Back