Zone1 Can we have a threads per hour limit on USMB?

Everything is relative to one’s past experiences. Coming from several years of experience on political chatrooms influenced my personal take. What comparatives do you have with your political exchange/oppositional experiences besides USMB? Maybe this has impacted your stance?
I was most likely involved on political forums and elsewhere on politics before you were born.

I was most likely involved on political forums and elsewhere on politics before you were born.
Likely true. So, what happened to these political forums? I realize you didn’t ask me but that’s OK I’ll go ahead and elaborate anyway- political chat rooms (as anybody knows if they’ve visited these types of places) are pretty much willy-nilly anything goes, until you get a chat room owner (there are many) who maintain rules -whatever set of rules that might be is their choice and they call the shots.

I have no ill will against anybody who wants to make things better in any area of their life. My point is that from where I come this place is comparatively mellow, but I am fully aware other posters have their own individual views which are based upon their own experiences, past and present.

If you start a guh zillion threads every day, particularly when all of those threads are purpusefully framed in a very juvenile, shallow, trivial way, it ensures that you can steer the board into a direction where all of the topical content is discussed in that same juvenile tenor and utimately renders any discussion on said topic to remain very low value. It allows one to control the terms of controversy in a given topic by hijacking an issue and then creating the topical content in a manner that purposefully avoids the nuts and bolts of a given issue if you focus on trivial aspects of it instead, establishing those trivial aspects as the topic itself.

So you're basically forced by rule to wade in an intellectual mud puddle instead of drifting away toward the more relevant, more critical aspects of the issue.

Then you get an off-topic warning from some maude if you wander into any deeper aspect.

It's stupid. But that's how it is. Observably.

It also ensures that any other, more relevantly framed, threads on the same issue that would naturally come afterward, since the troll is always gonna beat you to the punch, would be closed in the interest of not having so-called duplicate threads.

So, basically, you beat the more serious posters to the punch by posting a thread on every news piece of the day that you find, as fast as you can, and do so in a very shallow manner, so that deeper discussion can therefore predictably be shut down by the maudes when other posters post better, more relevantly framed threads on the same thing.

That's what influencers do. Duh.

I've mentioned this in private to at least one senior mod before.

It was clearly a waste of my time.
Speaking of attention whores ^ and “naturally stupid” shows up. Of all the members to complain about the posting style of others, that one has to have the most chutzpah.

Speaking of attention whores ^ and “naturally stupid” shows up. Of all the members to complain about the posting style of others, that one has to have the most chutzpah.

Ha. Another of some other board's rejects joins the thread. You're actually one of the ones I was thinking of when I mentioned that. How many times have you been thrown in the hole over the course of your first several months here anyway? A half dozen? Heh heh. Why, aren't you quite the role model. I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for your future around here, honestly speaking.

I take it you just rolled outta the sack, per your usual routine about this time? :)

It's kind of funny, though, about the attention whore bit. Gosh. I've been around here for over six years and you've almost got my post count surpassed in just 11 months.

Get a life, my man.

Last edited:
Likely true. So, what happened to these political forums? I realize you didn’t ask me but that’s OK I’ll go ahead and elaborate anyway- political chat rooms (as anybody knows if they’ve visited these types of places) are pretty much willy-nilly anything goes, until you get a chat room owner (there are many) who maintain rules -whatever set of rules that might be is their choice and they call the shots.

I have no ill will against anybody who wants to make things better in any area of their life. My point is that from where I come this place is comparatively mellow, but I am fully aware other posters have their own individual views which are based upon their own experiences, past and present.
I really don't care. This forum provides an opportunity to discuss America's war with Russia, and when serious discussions are initiated, some grownup discussion can take place.

Well that goes without sayin'. ;)
Hold up… you brought up a good point, indirectly speaking. What about human posters with bot parts, say beyond a bionic arm? What will we do when part human/part AI types start showing up. Will we still be able to claim they have no lives and that goes without saying? Lol

Hold up… you brought up a good point, indirectly speaking. What about human posters with bot parts, say beyond a bionic arm? What will we do when part human/part AI types start showing up. Will we still be able to claim they have no lives and that goes without saying? Lol
Well I guess we will have to wait till sex bots that can cook and clean come out. ;)

Well I guess we will have to wait till sex bots that can cook and clean come out. ;)
Psst.. they’re out! Last I read it was $30,000 per bot but that might’ve changed by now -check out China’s latest models lol

Edit- from one marketer of sex bots: “One of the hardest decisions to make when choosing a sex doll is the material that is used to create these beauties” LOL

On Topic remark- posters who catch these bots spamming the board over a course of a few minutes posting 8 or so threads/ no response whatsoever and spread the word. There is power in mass boycotting.

Last edited:
There is a poster today who is creating around 6 threads per hour. That is ridiculous.
i would agree to a limit without the mods putting it on me. i'm a democratic person, and i hear everyone's complaints, just you guys agree on a limit, get back to me, and i'm sure i'll behave for the most part!

i'm no bot, i'm just bored...i'm happy to meet some of you guys personally and prove it! if you're good looking that is LOL

Ha. Another of some other board's rejects joins the thread. You're actually one of the ones I was thinking of when I mentioned that.
Oh no. That’s awful.
How many times have you been thrown in the hole over the course of your first several months here anyway?

Since you use words without reference to any actual inherent meaning, it is not possible to address whateverthefuck it was you were trying but failing to ask. I’ve been here for many years, by the way.
A half dozen? Heh heh. Why, aren't you quite the role model.

Maybe 🤔 if it isn’t too difficult for a retard like you, you could ask whatever it is that you seem concerned about in a coherent fashion. Very doubtful. But we’ll worth the effort.
I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for your future around here, honestly speaking.
Oh no. And you offer that comment upon the belief that anybody gives the slightest shit about your incoherent thinking? :dunno:
I take it you just rolled outta the sack, per your usual routine about this time? :)
You seem unduly concerned with how others lead their lives. You would perhaps benefit from working on self improvement. I can assure you, you’ve nothing but room for improvement.
It's kind of funny, though, about the attention whore bit. Gosh. I've been around here for over six years and you've almost got my post count surpassed in just 11 months.
You do worry about the trivial a lot. Your life must indeed suck ass — almost as much as you do. And again, for a drooling tard so worried about the trivial, you don’t even have a handle on that.
Get a life, my man.
Excellent advice if you had the insight to apply it to yourself, child.

Back on topic: let’s say you start 5 threads per day (which is far more than most people want to see of your gibberish). There is a good option for all of us who find your droning nonsense to be almost intolerable — one that doesn’t require another Board “limit.” We can either on our own or with the use of the “ignore” option, just bypass all your verbal flatulence.

So, I’ll s a new board rule really necessary?

So, I’ll s a new board rule really necessary?

A new board rule limiting the amount of threads membership can create not only ignores, but would not resolve the root problem that dissuedes intelligent, functional discussion/debate (which was explained in Post # 24). Nor would placing the influencer/troll on ignore.

I didn't read the rest of your post, so I have no idea what you said before that. I just skipped to the end of it.

Last edited:
i would agree to a limit without the mods putting it on me. i'm a democratic person, and i hear everyone's complaints, just you guys agree on a limit, get back to me, and i'm sure i'll behave for the most part!
Just a question for you: Did you get shut down for an hour or two?

I think your posting got a bit excessive and it also took on a tone of trolling today.

I hope there's been some progress made!

Ha. Another of some other board's rejects joins the thread. You're actually one of the ones I was thinking of when I mentioned that. How many times have you been thrown in the hole over the course of your first several months here anyway? A half dozen? Heh heh. Why, aren't you quite the role model. I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for your future around here, honestly speaking.

Get a life, my man.
Just a observation but I'm not seeing where you are any great shakes yourself......Maybe some self-reflection is in order on your part.

Just a question for you: Did you get shut down for an hour or two?

I think your posting got a bit excessive and it also took on a tone of trolling today.

I hope there's been some progress made!
no i was watching soccer with my bro's, also the electricity shuts down for a couple of hours in lebanon late at night, it used to be 10 hours last year...did you miss me? lol

Just a observation but I'm not seeing where you are any great shakes yourself.......
That's okay. Ultimately, you're unimportant.

In fact, I wouldn't have it any other way. Heck, I like being nobody.

Last edited:
If you start a guh zillion threads every day, particularly when all of those threads are purpusefully framed in a very juvenile, shallow, trivial way, it ensures that you can steer the board into a direction where all of the topical content is discussed in that same juvenile tenor and utimately renders any discussion on said topic to remain very low value. It allows one to control the terms of controversy in a given topic by hijacking an issue and then creating the topical content in a manner that purposefully avoids the nuts and bolts of a given issue if you focus on trivial aspects of it instead, establishing those trivial aspects as the topic itself.

So you're basically forced by rule to wade in an intellectual mud puddle instead of drifting away toward the more relevant, more critical aspects of the issue.

Then you get an off-topic warning from some maude if you wander into any deeper aspect.

It's stupid. But that's how it is. Observably.

It also ensures that any other, more relevantly framed, threads on the same issue that would naturally come afterward, since the troll is always gonna beat you to the punch, would be closed in the interest of not having so-called duplicate threads.

So, basically, you beat the more serious posters to the punch by posting a thread on every news piece of the day that you find, as fast as you can, and do so in a very shallow manner, so that deeper discussion can therefore predictably be shut down by the maudes when other posters post better, more relevantly framed threads on the same thing.

That's what influencers do. Duh.

I've mentioned this in private to at least one senior mod before.

It was clearly a waste of my time.
i hear you bro, i always try to improve, some of my posts are juvenile i agree, but some are serious, i hope you notice the more serious ones in the future

New Topics

Forum List

Back