Can we be honest here?

Are any of our USMB Conservatives more concerned about Trumps re-election chances compared to six months ago?
Much more concerned actually, Winger! Joe Biden in the White House has become even scarier than it was before. Where I thought he was just an idiot back then...I'm more convinced now that he's going senile and it's happening rather quickly. If Trump doesn't win...we're in deep trouble!
Biden seems quite adept at attacking Trump and he launched another attack on his horrible COVID response today.

For a senile, old man, he seems to be damaging Trump.

can you be honest here?

Biden is not a formidable candidate and he’s gotten to where he is on default of the Democrats being really, really bad. If he wins it would have nothing to with his prowess and everything to do with the country rejecting Trump.

Why does the OP ask,what has changed?
Are any of our USMB Conservatives more concerned about Trumps re-election chances compared to six months ago?

Not in the least bit. It's likely that this Wuhan virus will be with us by the election, and you can't handover this country to a guy like that given our situation.
Yet, the COVID virus has destroyed his Presidency. How do you see Trump recovering in four months?

Do you think more of the same will do it?
Covid/tanked economy hurt him; protests are turning off a lot of people and may bring him a different element. So it's probably about even right now. But polls are fickle and no one should trust that he has lost a lot of support.

So you saying voters are that ignorant?

Yahoo virus = China

Riots = Democrats turning on each other
I think this Democrat nonsense all year (including covid) will cause mass CONSERVATIVE turnout.
You had better hope so.
Many Republicans are souring on Trump.They are tired of the act. Staying home may be their response.

Anti-Trump fervor brought out the Dems in the 2018 midterms. If it repeats......Trump and Republicans are doomed

Not in the least bit. It's likely that this Wuhan virus will be with us by the election, and you can't handover this country to a guy like that given our situation.
Yet, the COVID virus has destroyed his Presidency. How do you see Trump recovering in four months?

Covid/tanked economy hurt him; protests are turning off a lot of people and may bring him a different element. So it's probably about even right now. But polls are fickle and no one should trust that he has lost a lot of support.

Yahoo virus = China

I think this Democrat nonsense all year (including covid) will cause mass CONSERVATIVE turnout.
You had better hope so.
Many Republicans are souring on Trump.They are tired of the act. Staying home may be their response.

Anti-Trump fervor brought out the Dems in the 2018 midterms. If it repeats......Trump and Republicans are doomed

And if corona wipes out CA and NY, Trump wins handily.

Wow....so many things could happen.

See you in November where I am optimistic the country won't make a huge mistake and put dementia ridden Joe Bidden in the hood ornament seat while AOC and Nancy Pelosi run the show.

Much more concerned actually, Winger! Joe Biden in the White House has become even scarier than it was before. Where I thought he was just an idiot back then...I'm more convinced now that he's going senile and it's happening rather quickly. If Trump doesn't win...we're in deep trouble!
Biden seems quite adept at attacking Trump and he launched another attack on his horrible COVID response today.

can you be honest here?

Biden is not a formidable candidate and he’s gotten to where he is on default of the Democrats being really, really bad. If he wins it would have nothing to with his prowess and everything to do with the country rejecting Trump.
I like Biden as a candidate. He is a great compromise candidate. Moderate, pragmatic and has a bipartisan reputation.

I will take Biden over Bernie or Liz Warren any day.

Given that he seems to be losing ground with independents, I'd say yes.

I also think, and have always thought, that Trump is a damn dick, I didn't vote for the guy. If Hillary wasn't the alternative he probably would have lost. Too many people simply hated that bitch, myself included. No way in hell I would have voted for her. Ever.

He did attempt to do some things I've agreed with and my opinion of the dems has fallen drastically since his election. We've seen nothing but #resist and #impeach and a bunch of BS designed to distract and undercut the guy, who, despite being a supreme asshole, won legitimately. I was not, and am not, a supporter of those tactics, as I think they undercut the country.

Prior to Covid, the economy looked decent and he'd have likely had a fairly easy time with Biden. The last several months have not been good ones. He's the guy in the chair and he'll take the heat for it, right or wrong, so he is very definitely in a degraded position relative to 6 months ago.

All that said, Biden looks like baked dog shit. In the same way that Trump won in large part because Hillary was such an utterly crappy candidate, I do not see large #"s of voters getting all excited to come out to vote for Biden. Trump supporters, on the other hand, I think are loyal and will turn out, as they see him as persecuted and are pissed off about it.

It will come down to the swing states, as it normally does. I don't think Texas is really in play, although some do. MI, WI, PA, FL, OH, NC, AZ will decide this election, despite all the noise from the left in the major blue states that are never really a question anyhow.

Yahoo virus = China

You had better hope so.

See you in November where I am optimistic the country won't make a huge mistake and put dementia ridden Joe Bidden in the hood ornament seat while AOC and Nancy Pelosi run the show.
Are you more confident than you were six months ago?
Are you happy with how Trump has performed this year?

Yahoo virus = China

You had better hope so.

Not any more...not any less

Yes

Given that he seems to be losing ground with independents, I'd say yes.

I also think, and have always thought, that Trump is a damn dick, I didn't vote for the guy. If Hillary wasn't the alternative he probably would have lost. Too many people simply hated that bitch, myself included. No way in hell I would have voted for her. Ever.

He did attempt to do some things I've agreed with and my opinion of the dems has fallen drastically since his election. We've seen nothing but #resist and #impeach and a bunch of BS designed to distract and undercut the guy, who, despite being a supreme asshole, won legitimately. I was not, and am not, a supporter of those tactics, as I think they undercut the country.

Prior to Covid, the economy looked decent and he'd have likely had a fairly easy time with Biden. The last several months have not been good ones. He's the guy in the chair and he'll take the heat for it, right or wrong, so he is very definitely in a degraded position relative to 6 months ago.

All that said, Biden looks like baked dog shit. In the same way that Trump won in large part because Hillary was such an utterly crappy candidate, I do not see large #"s of voters getting all excited to come out to vote for Biden. Trump supporters, on the other hand, I think are loyal and will turn out, as they see him as persecuted and are pissed off about it.

It will come down to the swing states, as it normally does. I don't think Texas is really in play, although some do. MI, WI, PA, FL, OH, NC, AZ will decide this election, despite all the noise from the left in the major blue states that are never really a question anyhow.
I think Trump is damaged goods.

Things can change in four months but COVID is not getting better. Trumps assurances have been false.

As of today, the top ten most populous states are all in Biden’s court. Same old, same old MAGA Trump is not going to win it.

Yahoo virus = China

You had better hope so.

Not any more...not any less

Yes
Then you are delusional
I hope Trump feels the same as you.

My view of the race six months ago was much, much worse For Democrats than today.

There was a time when it looked like Biden was collapsing and Bernie Sanders would get the nomination. I did not think Bernie could beat Trump. Commie, Commie, Commie

Even with Biden, I saw Biden taking Pennsylvania and Michigan with Trump holding Wisconsin for the narrow win.

But all that depended on Trump riding a strong economy to victory. Trumps performance against COVID has been horrible and it has tipped the race to the Democrats at all levels of government.

I now see Biden taking Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin for the win. In addition, I see Biden taking Florida, Arizona and North Carolina for a big victory.

If Trump continues to slide, I can see Texas, Georgia, Iowa and Ohio going to Biden

Still too much time till the election. Voters are anything but predictable.

Rumor has it that some in Administration are thinking that Trump was already given up and conceded the election. They tell him what will help him get re-elected and he just doesn't do any of it. Maybe he is smarter than anyone around him, I certainly believe that is what he thinks, and know what is best for his reelection. Maybe he is resigned to leave a job he never wanted the first place.
/——/ TDS

can you be honest here?

I like Biden as a candidate. He is a great compromise candidate. Moderate, pragmatic and has a bipartisan reputation.

I would take him over those two as well, but Biden doesn’t exactly exude enthusiasm from voters. This is a referendum on Trump. If the democrats had a good candidate this wouldn’t be close.

It's difficult to see how he survives his ignoring and even preventing testing of the virus. The virus itself is apolitical. Saying Team Trump did a good job not only requires ignoring facts, it requires ignoring the world. LOL

Even assuming a large maj of Whites change their minds on policing and systemic racise - OR MORE LIKELY - if the uncivil and anarchist protestors become the story, Trump still wears the dead albatross around his neck.

Trump's campaign will be more negative that Obama's 12 campaign. We'll see.

Do you think Americans are that dumb? Protests and riots took place in Democrat cities, and Democrat states, the Mayors did little to nothing about it, the rioters were Democrats, and they were upset about the conduct of a police officer in one of their Democrat cities.

But that's Trump's fault?

Those BLM protests deeply damaged Trump.
They showed him as callous and out of touch.
I can see Trump recovering from those protests.....But not the economy or COVID
I disagree about how people view the protests. The only ones who think Trump handled them wrong are the progressives who hated Trump anyway. People fear violence and except for minorities, they don't understand what BLM is trying to say.
Police reform has wide support. But when it comes to "defunding" the support tanks.

It's similar on statues. People are not thrilled by statues to white supremacists, but as usual the uber left decide rewriting the history of the US is justified and necessary. LOL

My view of the race six months ago was much, much worse For Democrats than today.

There was a time when it looked like Biden was collapsing and Bernie Sanders would get the nomination. I did not think Bernie could beat Trump. Commie, Commie, Commie

Even with Biden, I saw Biden taking Pennsylvania and Michigan with Trump holding Wisconsin for the narrow win.

But all that depended on Trump riding a strong economy to victory. Trumps performance against COVID has been horrible and it has tipped the race to the Democrats at all levels of government.

I now see Biden taking Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin for the win. In addition, I see Biden taking Florida, Arizona and North Carolina for a big victory.

If Trump continues to slide, I can see Texas, Georgia, Iowa and Ohio going to Biden

Still too much time till the election. Voters are anything but predictable.
Very true

Four months can be a lifetime. But if things don’t change for Trump.......he could be headed for disaster

Trump thought his great economy would carry him. He thought COVID would be over by summer and his economy would save him. It is not happening

Well, you're not the only one either:

Nearly four-out-of-10 voters believe Joe Biden has dementia. Most voters, including just over half of Democrats, feel it is important for the likely Democratic presidential nominee to publicly address the issue.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 38% of Likely U.S. Voters think Biden is suffering from some form of dementia. Based on what they have seen and read, 48% disagree, but 14% are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Twenty percent (20%) of voters in his own party think Biden has dementia. But that compares to 66% of Republicans and 30% of voters not affiliated with either major party.

Trump has a solid 42 percent of the vote that will ignore him shooting someone on Fifth Avenue

That only 38 percent are buying the Biden has dementia nonsense does not work in your favor
But Trump is a liar and a bully in debate, while Biden tries to be a gentlemen and trips over his words.

can you be honest here?

I would take him over those two as well, but Biden doesn’t exactly exude enthusiasm from voters. This is a referendum on Trump. If the democrats had a good candidate this wouldn’t be close.
Biden is the best available candidate.

Voters will be deciding on four more years of Trump or not. “ I hate Trump but I hate Hilary more “ will not come into play.

Well, you're not the only one either:

Nearly four-out-of-10 voters believe Joe Biden has dementia. Most voters, including just over half of Democrats, feel it is important for the likely Democratic presidential nominee to publicly address the issue.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 38% of Likely U.S. Voters think Biden is suffering from some form of dementia. Based on what they have seen and read, 48% disagree, but 14% are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Twenty percent (20%) of voters in his own party think Biden has dementia. But that compares to 66% of Republicans and 30% of voters not affiliated with either major party.

Trump has a solid 42 percent of the vote that will ignore him shooting someone on Fifth Avenue

That only 38 percent are buying the Biden has dementia nonsense does not work in your favor
But Trump is a liar and a bully in debate, while Biden tries to be a gentlemen and trips over his words.
Trump is an incumbent with a bad record to defend.

Biden will be well prepared to attack him

Forum List

Back