Can we be honest here?

Given that he seems to be losing ground with independents, I'd say yes.

I also think, and have always thought, that Trump is a damn dick, I didn't vote for the guy. If Hillary wasn't the alternative he probably would have lost. Too many people simply hated that bitch, myself included. No way in hell I would have voted for her. Ever.

He did attempt to do some things I've agreed with and my opinion of the dems has fallen drastically since his election. We've seen nothing but #resist and #impeach and a bunch of BS designed to distract and undercut the guy, who, despite being a supreme asshole, won legitimately. I was not, and am not, a supporter of those tactics, as I think they undercut the country.

Prior to Covid, the economy looked decent and he'd have likely had a fairly easy time with Biden. The last several months have not been good ones. He's the guy in the chair and he'll take the heat for it, right or wrong, so he is very definitely in a degraded position relative to 6 months ago.

All that said, Biden looks like baked dog shit. In the same way that Trump won in large part because Hillary was such an utterly crappy candidate, I do not see large #"s of voters getting all excited to come out to vote for Biden. Trump supporters, on the other hand, I think are loyal and will turn out, as they see him as persecuted and are pissed off about it.

It will come down to the swing states, as it normally does. I don't think Texas is really in play, although some do. MI, WI, PA, FL, OH, NC, AZ will decide this election, despite all the noise from the left in the major blue states that are never really a question anyhow.
I think Trump is damaged goods.

Things can change in four months but COVID is not getting better. Trumps assurances have been false.

As of today, the top ten most populous states are all in Biden’s court. Same old, same old MAGA Trump is not going to win it.

Trump's messaging on Covid has been poor. I've been consistently critical of him on that. He should have, and should be, telling the simple truth. It isn't going away. Not in a month or 6. Very probably not ever. We're stuck with it.

Once we get into actual campaigning/debate season things may well change. Keeping Biden out of sight is the best strategy for him, and his campaign obviously thinks so or we'd be seeing more of him, but I don't know if it carries the election.

I also think, and have always thought, that Trump is a damn dick, I didn't vote for the guy. If Hillary wasn't the alternative he probably would have lost. Too many people simply hated that bitch, myself included. No way in hell I would have voted for her. Ever.

He did attempt to do some things I've agreed with and my opinion of the dems has fallen drastically since his election. We've seen nothing but #resist and #impeach and a bunch of BS designed to distract and undercut the guy, who, despite being a supreme asshole, won legitimately. I was not, and am not, a supporter of those tactics, as I think they undercut the country.

Prior to Covid, the economy looked decent and he'd have likely had a fairly easy time with Biden. The last several months have not been good ones. He's the guy in the chair and he'll take the heat for it, right or wrong, so he is very definitely in a degraded position relative to 6 months ago.

All that said, Biden looks like baked dog shit. In the same way that Trump won in large part because Hillary was such an utterly crappy candidate, I do not see large #"s of voters getting all excited to come out to vote for Biden. Trump supporters, on the other hand, I think are loyal and will turn out, as they see him as persecuted and are pissed off about it.

It will come down to the swing states, as it normally does. I don't think Texas is really in play, although some do. MI, WI, PA, FL, OH, NC, AZ will decide this election, despite all the noise from the left in the major blue states that are never really a question anyhow.

Things can change in four months but COVID is not getting better. Trumps assurances have been false.

As of today, the top ten most populous states are all in Biden’s court. Same old, same old MAGA Trump is not going to win it.

Trump's messaging on Covid has been poor. I've been consistently critical of him on that. He should have, and should be, telling the simple truth. It isn't going away. Not in a month or 6. Very probably not ever. We're stuck with it.

Once we get into actual campaigning/debate season things may well change. Keeping Biden out of sight is the best strategy for him, and his campaign obviously thinks so or we'd be seeing more of him, but I don't know if it carries the election.
Biden attacked Trump on his poor COVID response today.
Trump banked on the virus being history by summer. It is getting worse.

Everything Trump said and predicted have turned out wrong.

Not surprisingly, many of our staunchest Conservative posters are denying there has been any change in Trumps chances for election.

What they can’t explain is why?

What has Trump done this year to help himself in November?

Are any of our USMB Conservatives more concerned about Trumps re-election chances compared to six months ago?

Yeah, I'm more concerned. Although frankly I was more worried about Bernie than Biden. If Trump was a TV show, people would be changing the channel or turning off the TV, but when you're alternative is Biden and the Democrats then the choice is clear. At this point, I think Trump is not doing so well, but that can change for the better over the last 4 months before election day. OTOH, things could change for the worse too for him.

I have to say this, Biden is an absolute catastrophe for the Dems, mentally he's already checked out. This man is just not able to do what might be the most demanding job in the world. It does help to have the MSM solidly behind you though. So - 4 more years of Trump or 4 years of Biden, should he live that long which I wonder, what a choice.
Biden is a safe and secure pick after four years of Trump drama and temper tantrums.

As opposed to Hillary, there is not a strong......I hate Biden vote.

Biden has a long history of bipartisanship and a moderate voting record. People will settle for Biden.
"Safe" for what, getting us involved in foreign wars? Increasing taxes? Crashing the economy? Paying reparations? The Green New Deal?

Only a fool would call that "safe."

Biden is divisive.

It isn't going away. Not in a month or 6. Very probably not ever. We're stuck with it.

That's a possibility, but if so, we can't keep closing down the country. Eventually it will destroy our economy beyond repair. Most of the news I've heard about a potential vaccine has been pretty positive, some even saying it could be ready as early as January of next year.

Up until this year, Trumps strategy for a second term has been simple. We have a great economy......If you want it to continue, VOTE FOR ME

Then COVID hit and the Trump economy shut down.
Trumps new strategy has been to tell people the infection was no worse than the flu, that he had things under control, that it is not his fault, like a “miracle” it will disappear.
Trump all along thought the virus would go away by itself by the Summer. The virus will go away by itself and nobody will care by November.

Well, he was not only WRONG, he was tragically wrong. Trump told Republican governors to open up, nothing will happen, COVID is a Blue State problem.......The virus is only getting worse.

THAT is why Trumps chances in November are shot

Up until this year, Trumps strategy for a second term has been simple. We have a great economy......If you want it to continue, VOTE FOR ME

Trumps new strategy has been to tell people the infection was no worse than the flu, that he had things under control, that it is not his fault, like a “miracle” it will disappear.
Trump all along thought the virus would go away by itself by the Summer. The virus will go away by itself and nobody will care by November.

Well, he was not only WRONG, he was tragically wrong. Trump told Republican governors to open up, nothing will happen, COVID is a Blue State problem.......The virus is only getting worse.

Well, he was not only WRONG, he was tragically wrong.

Unlike Biden, eh?

Wait, what!? I thought you fricken loons said it was an Obama economy.

Are any of our USMB Conservatives more concerned about Trumps re-election chances compared to six months ago?

I have always thought this was going to be a toss-up, just like 2016. The margins are too thin for any substantial confidence in any result.

Six months ago, I thought the race was incredibly close with Biden picking up Pennsylvania and Michigan and Trump holding Wisconsin and his 2016 states for a narrow win.

Six months later, I see Biden not only winning Wisconsin but Florida and Arizona for a landslide win.

Why does the OP ask,what has changed?

Not in the least bit. It's likely that this Wuhan virus will be with us by the election, and you can't handover this country to a guy like that given our situation.
Yet, the COVID virus has destroyed his Presidency. How do you see Trump recovering in four months?

Do you think more of the same will do it?
Covid/tanked economy hurt him; protests are turning off a lot of people and may bring him a different element. So it's probably about even right now. But polls are fickle and no one should trust that he has lost a lot of support.

So you saying voters are that ignorant?

Yahoo virus = China

Riots = Democrats turning on each other
I think this Democrat nonsense all year (including covid) will cause mass CONSERVATIVE turnout.
You had better hope so.
Many Republicans are souring on Trump.They are tired of the act. Staying home may be their response.

Anti-Trump fervor brought out the Dems in the 2018 midterms. If it repeats......Trump and Republicans are doomed

And if corona wipes out CA and NY, Trump wins handily.

Wow....so many things could happen.

See you in November where I am optimistic the country won't make a huge mistake and put dementia ridden Joe Bidden in the hood ornament seat while AOC and Nancy Pelosi run the show.

Much of these Covid cases are in big cities with large Democrat populations, so it's wiping out their voters every day. For instance the fatality rate between races are two to one when it comes to black and white, and we all know how blacks usually vote. They have a much larger problem with HIV cases which apparently is deadly when combined with the Wuhan flu.

Unlike Biden, eh?

Biden has been right about the virus. listen to experts, make the hard choices .......BE HONEST WITH THE PEOPLE

Unlike Biden, eh?

Biden has been right about the virus. listen to experts, make the hard choices .......BE HONEST WITH THE PEOPLE

Uhm what would he do different?

Unlike Biden, eh?

When did Biden ever make a prediction about the virus? I heard him criticize the President after the fact, but not too much when it first came out.

I have always thought this was going to be a toss-up, just like 2016. The margins are too thin for any substantial confidence in any result.

Six months ago, I thought the race was incredibly close with Biden picking up Pennsylvania and Michigan and Trump holding Wisconsin and his 2016 states for a narrow win.

Six months later, I see Biden not only winning Wisconsin but Florida and Arizona for a landslide win.

we have 4 full months left. No debates, not actual full press by Trump, and plenty of other things can happen.

Too many variables, to many unknown equations we haven't seen yet.

Unlike Biden, eh?

Biden has been right about the virus.

That is awesome! How much earlier did he want to reduce flights from China, compared to Trump?

A week? A month? Any specifics?

What about flights from Europe?

Unlike Biden, eh?

When did Biden ever make a prediction about the virus? I heard him criticize the President after the fact, but not too much when it first came out.

Biden made a prediction
That we would have to maintain social distancing and masks until a vaccine is available

Trump has been telling Red State Governors to loosen their regulations, open up, business as usual.

They are now paying a price

The Prog answer will be the closing down of most social contact ways of living and enjoying life. That can be the ignition point that has been bubbling the explosive agents for many years.

Not me.
The doom and gloom coming from the media and other lefty shitbags, fueled again by their polls, sound eerily familiar to their ‘16 wet/wishful dreams.
Yup, and the same bunch of morons are buying the garbage AGAIN hook, line 'n sinker. They never learn.
Well at least there's that! :coffee:

Forum List

Back