Can Jesus be God if he is not all knowing?

Suffering death in the manner that was done to him?
Everything done to Jesus, hell they have done thousands of times since. Not unique, everyone suffers to a larger or lesser degree. But Jesus was immortal, and was chosen to suffer as an example. He wasn't actually sacrificed because he couldn't die, and besides if god loved us so much why put us through all this needless suffering? Seems ultimately pointless. if God knows everything why test the weak and the defenseless?
You are opening the door for nonsensical bloviating and preaching. Rational discussion with a poster that suffers a lack of rational thought, as well as a lack of humility, is fruitless. You will see, though Smack me when ya do.
Why don't you and me discuss it in the Bull Ring, GT?

I mean after all, I am irrational, right?

Seems like you would be itching to have your way with me instead of running from me.
Theres a few things, here.

1, youve tried in over 20 posts to beg me into the "bullring"

2, ive seen you do this with quite a few other posters

3, when i leave the religion forum for weeks and months at a time, youre in the same neener neener tit for tat with the same posters...lots of them, all the same tired and obsessive o.c.d. to just.....needlessly argue, instead of rationally discuss things

4, #3 is why i think that youre sad, to be honest

5, the bullring and the religion forum only differ in your tiny little the internet is turbo important little brain. jesus would be proud
Beg you into the bull ring? You mean challenged you. A challenge you never accepted. I think that speaks for itself.

You aren't capable of rational discussion on this subject.

The difference between us is that I am sad for you.
Good, ding. Im always happy for whatever fulfillment my even engaging you in the 1st place brings you.

Religious people loose their objectivity. In 1943, When the Jews in the Ghettoes of Warsaw put god on trial for their suffering, they found god wasn't there. But then they went back to temple next day. Funny how strong belief is.

Could you please translate that?
Sure.

If you know.....for a FACT.... that the human body is but a temporary blip... (cuz you created it to be this way)

and that a "soul" is everlasting, i.e. "eternal"

If you ...are all powerful, as the described God, of the bible...

Then what sort of sacrifice is it ....that your human body dies?

1 outta ten?

huge?
Suffering?

He invented suffering.

Death?

He invented death.

Most of the pain of death for a cognizant being isnt even physical to begin with. Ots the loss of another loved one.

Jesus didnt have to wonder of this loss. He knew he was eternal.

Its pretty much pussy shit to pretend that his human body dying was suffering, to the most powerful super hero of evahhhh

its a kids tale, dung.
Jewish historians wrote about him, early Christians wrote about him, secular historians wrote about him.
Let's see... a convicted criminal, who was put to death by the state, whose ministry only lasted three and a half years, and he was the greatest force for good mankind has ever known. And he was just a kid's tale?

I get that you need to call me names to feel better about yourself. It's cool, GT, I can take it. What you intend for evil, God is using for good.

just as much was written about Robin Hood
Yeah, exactly. Robin Hood was used as an icon to bolster the education against greed. Many children have benefitted, as evidenced by the story's success.

Icons are for sure a useful educational tool.

Sure.

If you know.....for a FACT.... that the human body is but a temporary blip... (cuz you created it to be this way)

1 outta ten?

huge?
Suffering?

He invented suffering.

Death?

He invented death.

Most of the pain of death for a cognizant being isnt even physical to begin with. Ots the loss of another loved one.

Its pretty much pussy shit to pretend that his human body dying was suffering, to the most powerful super hero of evahhhh

its a kids tale, dung.
Jewish historians wrote about him, early Christians wrote about him, secular historians wrote about him.
Let's see... a convicted criminal, who was put to death by the state, whose ministry only lasted three and a half years, and he was the greatest force for good mankind has ever known. And he was just a kid's tale?

I get that you need to call me names to feel better about yourself. It's cool, GT, I can take it. What you intend for evil, God is using for good.

Robin Hood did not change the world.

Neither did Jesus------CULTISTS did. The big "changer" of the VAST
ROMAN EMPIRE-----was Constantine. ------a few centuries later, another big time CHANGER destroyed much of Constantine's "holy roman empire"------and formed the basis of the caliphate called
"OTTOMAN EMPIRE" A very big time change in the far east developed around a single cult based on a single miniscule character
of a hindu royal family----named SIDDHARTHA. In my view----Siddhartha is analogous to Jesus. Neither did much of anything on
their own. IMHO ---neither imagined the OUTCOME

Religious people loose their objectivity. In 1943, When the Jews in the Ghettoes of Warsaw put god on trial for their suffering, they found god wasn't there. But then they went back to temple next day. Funny how strong belief is.
Mysticism is powerful, as is the human ego to want to be able to explain things when its not warranted.

Sure.

1 outta ten?

huge?
Suffering?

He invented suffering.

Death?

He invented death.

its a kids tale, dung.

Yeah, exactly. Robin Hood was used as an icon to bolster the education against greed. Many children have benefitted, as evidenced by the story's success.

yes------folk tales exert a very BIG effect on society

Everything done to Jesus, hell they have done thousands of times since. Not unique, everyone suffers to a larger or lesser degree. But Jesus was immortal, and was chosen to suffer as an example. He wasn't actually sacrificed because he couldn't die, and besides if god loved us so much why put us through all this needless suffering? Seems ultimately pointless. if God knows everything why test the weak and the defenseless?
You are opening the door for nonsensical bloviating and preaching. Rational discussion with a poster that suffers a lack of rational thought, as well as a lack of humility, is fruitless. You will see, though Smack me when ya do.
Why don't you and me discuss it in the Bull Ring, GT?

I mean after all, I am irrational, right?

Seems like you would be itching to have your way with me instead of running from me.
Theres a few things, here.

1, youve tried in over 20 posts to beg me into the "bullring"

2, ive seen you do this with quite a few other posters

3, when i leave the religion forum for weeks and months at a time, youre in the same neener neener tit for tat with the same posters...lots of them, all the same tired and obsessive o.c.d. to just.....needlessly argue, instead of rationally discuss things

4, #3 is why i think that youre sad, to be honest

5, the bullring and the religion forum only differ in your tiny little the internet is turbo important little brain. jesus would be proud
Beg you into the bull ring? You mean challenged you. A challenge you never accepted. I think that speaks for itself.

You aren't capable of rational discussion on this subject.

The difference between us is that I am sad for you.
Good, ding. Im always happy for whatever fulfillment my even engaging you in the 1st place brings you.
That would be none, GT. It is almost always a distasteful experience for me.

Mysticism is powerful, as is the human ego to want to be able to explain things when its not warranted.

".....not warranted. " ???

Suffering?

He invented suffering.

Death?

He invented death.

its a kids tale, dung.

ROMAN EMPIRE-----was Constantine. ------a few centuries later, another big time CHANGER destroyed much of Constantine's "holy roman empire"------and formed the basis of the caliphate called
"OTTOMAN EMPIRE" A very big time change in the far east developed around a single cult based on a single miniscule character
of a hindu royal family----named SIDDHARTHA. In my view----Siddhartha is analogous to Jesus. Neither did much of anything on
Let me ask you this question, do you have a personal relationship with God?

The outcomes say otherwise.

Suffering?

He invented suffering.

Death?

He invented death.

its a kids tale, dung.

One of my favorite is little red riding hood, lol. (not kidding)

Sure.

1 outta ten?

huge?
Suffering?

He invented suffering.

Death?

He invented death.

its a kids tale, dung.

Do you know if Karl Marx used that argument when he was trying to subordinate Christianity?

Suffering?

He invented suffering.

Death?

He invented death.

its a kids tale, dung.

Do you know if Karl Marx used that argument when he was trying to subordinate Christianity?
Thats good, ding.

Suffering?

He invented suffering.

Death?

He invented death.

its a kids tale, dung.

of course-----I am a jew------ie descendant of Jacob the son of Isaac
and Rebecca. -------have you not read the book?

Yeah, I dont believe that the existence of the Universe is yet explicable, and to my knowledge, any human proclaiming to know the explaination is fulla fuckin shit.

Suffering?

He invented suffering.

Death?

He invented death.

its a kids tale, dung.

One of my favorite is little red riding hood, lol. (not kidding)

so true.....my all time fave is Hey diddle diddle----the cat and the fiddle..............and most of all .... THE DISH RAN AWAY WITH THE SPOON

Yeah, I dont believe that the existence of the Universe is yet explicable, and to my knowledge, any human proclaiming to know the explaination is fulla fuckin shit.

so? its fun to TRY

When Jews can vote there is no god, and then go on being Jews anyway? We are human beings and we are all atheist or agnostic, liberals or conservatives, we hope against hope. That's the basic human character. Survival. As a group.

of course-----I am a jew------ie descendant of Jacob the son of Isaac
and Rebecca. -------have you not read the book?
I do too. And it's because of Jesus.

so? its fun to TRY
I agree!

It is fun to try. Admitting that its JUST a try takes humility, though. Religion is this odd mix of folks...in my OPINION...

who either lack humility, are gullible......or, to me, the least likely are correct.

I think its actually quite liberating to be at peace with not knowing.

Forum List

Back