California and New York to ban the sale of gas cars

I was just providing an example of why these rental vehicles are not being registered in CA. I understood the post perfectly. Sorry I didn't make my meaning clear.
They are registered by NATIONAL corporations in states where it is cheaper and the legal reasoning is that the vehicles move into and out of California.

You can't treat one group of Americans differently than another group... if CA tells existing residents they can't register a new gas engine car from AZ or Texas but allows new residents to register their car that they already own when they enter the state... that is unconstitutional as hell....
Besides that....
The entire concept is laughable and will never hold up in any courtroom...
Not surprised that it was brill cream Newsom that came up with this... he has some of the dumbest staff and advisors ever seen....

Rambtard, states are not constitutionally compelled to recognize the laws of other states. For example, prior to Obergefell, which established same-sex marriage federally, a state in which same-sex marriage was not legal did not have to recognize the marriage of a same-sex couple married in a state where they were legally married.

Rambtard, states are not constitutionally compelled to recognize the laws of other states. For example, prior to Obergefell, which established same-sex marriage federally, a state in which same-sex marriage was not legal did not have to recognize the marriage of a same-sex couple married in a state where they were legally married.
I didn't say they were but states can't act as if the constitution doesn't apply to them when dealing with the people in their state...
Where did you get that from anyway?... Which state in my example is honoring the others laws?....
You really are a tard aren't you?....

But under the proposed law they won't be allowed to operate there.
I don't see that one flying--they'll grandfather ICE away and then make fuel hard to find and expensive to the point that people will either leave or buy EVs. After a few years the gov't will buy the remaining ICEs for next to nothing, maybe tax credits on EVs. They've been doing that for lawn mowers for at least fifteen years that I know of.

I don't see that one flying--they'll grandfather ICE away and then make fuel hard to find and expensive to the point that people will either leave or buy EVs. After a few years the gov't will buy the remaining ICEs for next to nothing, maybe tax credits on EVs. They've been doing that for lawn mowers for at least fifteen years that I know of.

So much for caring about the poor. The average price of a EV is about 63K which would force poor people out of the cars they can afford to drive now into public transportation which most people hate making their lives more complicated than they already are. Much of the cobalt mined to make these batteries is out of slave labor in China which I'm sure the Democrats could care less about.

Their grid is already stressed out and will cost the people there billions to upgrade it. If Newsom has his way, the state will become a place where only the rich can live and everybody else out in tents on the streets.

Very progressive attitude toward dealing with climate change.
The future is in much improved mass transit rather than EV's but the shock effect on the average American must be dealt out slowly.
isnt it pathetic that not one scientist living or dead had ever proven climate change is man made...not one, despite the billions spent on trying to find proof

California's GDP is almost 15% of the entire country's GDP.
And New York is 8 percent.
which means you likely live a shithole.

For now. Watch what happens when it collapses.

For now. Watch what happens when it collapses.

since republicans are only 30% of the economy, they might not have the power to collapse it.

since republicans are only 30% of the economy, they might not have the power to collapse it.

Cali has well over 150 billion in unfunded mandates, and they insist on crushing business.

Guess what happens when the tax base leaves.

Forum List

Back