Cain To Adress Harassment Charges @ 11:15am on FOX

After listening to a month's worth of rightwing smears thrown at OWS, this little episode,

and especially the Right's hilarious reaction to it, given the above, is quite enjoyable to witness.

still nuts after all this time eh? your memory like your ability to comport logic is short I see.

don't be an outrage whore, just roll with it....:lol:

:lol: Dude, Politico isn't the left. It's a right leaning organization.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dudette, get real. its a bit of both but to classify it as right wing is, well, not defensible ....;)
Not right wing. Just to the right....big difference.

And yes, that is their own admitted reputation.

really? who founded politico? and who may I ask sees them as right of center? and how admitted what?:eusa_eh:

and , whats your opinion or the word on say, The Hill? or Roll Call? or Nat. Journal?

Last edited:
In his interview with FOX this morning, he claimed the sources (the women) were anonymous and he didn't want to address them with Politico (which is right leaning for all you folks claiming this is a liberal smear).

But that isn't true....Politico had given him the name of one woman.

Herman Cain’s Firm Denial Breaking Down…Already | Election 2012

You guys can save him if you want, but I say he smells like toast.

To an utterly un-objective partisan like you, you "smell" what you are pre-inclined to "smell."

You have difficulty parsing language.

What Mr. Cain said was that Politico came to him and wanted to run the story using anonymous sources.

“I was aware of the false accusations that took place at the restaurant association, and then when we were asked for me to comment, they wanted for this to be from two anonymous sources,” Cain said. “We weren’t going to go and chase anonymous sources.”

So giving HIM the name of one woman is not a contradiction.

Dudette, get real. its a bit of both but to classify it as right wing is, well, not defensible ....;)

really? who founded politico? and who may I ask sees them as right of center? and how admitted what?:eusa_eh:

and , whats your opinion or the word on say, The Hill? or Roll Call? or Nat. Journal?
Opinion: Media Matters Response - - POLITICO.com

Also, their current CEO was a member of Reagan's staff.

But read them for a month or two yourself, you will certainly see a conservative bent.

In his interview with FOX this morning, he claimed the sources (the women) were anonymous and he didn't want to address them with Politico (which is right leaning for all you folks claiming this is a liberal smear).

To an utterly un-objective partisan like you, you "smell" what you are pre-inclined to "smell."

What Mr. Cain said was that Politico came to him and wanted to run the story using anonymous sources.

“I was aware of the false accusations that took place at the restaurant association, and then when we were asked for me to comment, they wanted for this to be from two anonymous sources,” Cain said. “We weren’t going to go and chase anonymous sources.”

If there are more than two accusers, true.

Opinion: Media Matters Response - - POLITICO.com

Also, their current CEO was a member of Reagan's staff.

But read them for a month or two yourself, you will certainly see a conservative bent.

excuse me, but I have been reading them amongst others, ala the hill, roll call a nat. journal for years. you may see one because, what I am willing to wager you consume ala news sources makes them appear right wing, sorry, I don't see it.

what exactly, was your link supposed to prove?

and, its CEO, former member of Reagan's staff....okay then, I'll see that and raise you;)

first-

Allen was the first reporter hired by Politico’s founding editors, John F. Harris and Jim VandeHei, when they left The Washington Post to start the Web site and newspaper in 2006. He is considered a Politico “founding father,” in the words of Harris

so ceo? humm ok*shrugs*

the Man the White House Wakes Up To

snip-

Like many in Washington, Pfeiffer describes Allen with some variation on “the most powerful” or “important” journalist in the capital. The two men exchange e-mail messages about six or eight times a day. Allen also communes a lot with Rahm Emanuel, the White House chief of staff; Robert Gibbs, the press secretary; David Axelrod, President Obama’s senior adviser; and about two dozen other White House officials. But Pfeiffer is likely Allen’s main point of contact, the one who most often helps him arrive at a “West Wing Mindmeld,” as Playbook calls it, which is essentially a pro-Obama take on that day’s news. (Allen gets a similar fill from Republicans, which he also disseminates in Playbook.)

Pfeiffer tells Allen the message that the Obama administration is trying to “drive” that morning *— “drive” being the action verb of choice around the male-dominated culture of Politico, a three-year-old publication, of which the oft-stated goal is to become as central to political addicts as ESPN is to sports junkies. “Drive” is a stand-in for the stodgier verb “influence.” If, say, David S. Broder and R. W. Apple Jr. were said to “influence the political discourse” through The Washington Post and The New York Times in the last decades of the 20th century, Politico wants to “drive the conversation” in the new-media landscape of the 21st. It wants to “win” every news cycle by being first with a morsel of information, whether or not the morsel proves relevant, or even correct, in the long run — and whether the long run proves to be measured in days, hours or minutes.

much more at-

Politico's Mike Allen, the Man the White House Wakes Up To - NYTimes.com

annnnd.....

Politico exec. staff-

John Harris is the editor-in-chief of The Politico and Politico.com. He launches this endeavor after 21 years on the staff of The Washington Post, where he served most recently as the national political editor. He is the best-selling author of The Survivor, an acclaimed biography about former President Bill Clinton, and co-wrote The Way to Win, a behind-the-scenes guide to presidential campaigns that The New York Times called "smart, savvy … revealing." A native of Rochester, N.Y., Harris is a graduate of Carleton College and lives with his wife, Ann O'Hanlon, and their three children in Alexandria, Va.

Jim VandeHei, is the executive editor of Politico. He launches this effort after four years as a national political reporter for The Washington Post, where he covered the White House, Congress and the 2004 presidential campaign. He has more than a decade of experience covering Congress and the administration as a reporter for both The Wall Street Journal and Roll Call newspaper. A Wisconsin native, he is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and lives with his wife, Autumn, and their two children in Falls Church, Va.

Bruce Drake, managing editor of Politico, is a former vice president of news for National Public Radio (NPR) and has worked in print and broadcast journalism for more than 35 years. During his time as managing editor and then vice president, NPR News won 17 Peabody Awards, 13 Columbia University DuPont Awards, nine Robert F. Kennedy Awards and more than doubled its audience to 26 million listeners a week. Drake was credited with helping to transform NPR into a primary news provider. He also wrote its Code of Ethics and Practices. Prior to joining NPR, Drake was a reporter and editor for the New York Daily News for 20 years, most of it in Washington. He covered Congress, national politics and was White House correspondent during the presidency of Ronald Reagan, before becoming news editor in the Daily News Washington Bureau.

Martin Tolchin, senior publisher and editor of Politico, is an author and journalist who capped 40 years at The New York Times by founding The Hill, a newspaper published four times a week that reports on the activities of Congress. Tolchin's many journalism awards include the Everett M. Dirksen Award for Distinguished Reporting of Congress. He and his wife Susan are the authors of seven books, including To the Victor: Political Patronage from the Clubhouse to the White House, which has been cited in four decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court.

Dan Kunitz is associate publisher and managing editor of Politico.com. He joins The Politico team after eight years as co-founder and chief operating officer of Irides, a leading web hosting services provider. Prior to Irides, Dan worked in news, marketing, and web development at several broadcast stations, and has been involved in the launch of three television channels. Dan is from Rochester, N.Y., has a B.A. in English from Wesleyan University in Middletown, CT., and now lives with his wife and son in Alexandria, Va.

Last edited:
:lol:

I tell you what....do a search here on the word Politico by the poster named Annie. She is always linking to their hit pieces on Obama.

If there are more than two accusers, true.

Wrong. If there are only two, it's still true.

Accuser "A" is named to Mr. Cain. Accuser "B" is unnamed to Mr. Cain. But the "story" that the site intends to publish will refer to the two accusers only as anonymous 1 and anonymous 2. How does that undercut anything said by Mr. Cain?

Even if my reading of Mr. Cain's quote is mistaken, it would still leave the Cain campaign addressing a "story" based at least in part on an anonymous "source."

Why would anybody feel inclined to "address" such a chap ass "claim?"

I don't think the Main stream Media is going to do an Media-Lynching this time.......it doesn't appear so anyway.

How did that work out, since he is now on the Supreme Court?

Sounds like you answered your own question :lol:

The fact that he still got in doesn't make the lies and race-based smears about Thomas right does it?

panic-attack.jpg

"If the Restaurant Association did a settlement, I am not - I wasn't even aware of it and I hope it wasn't for much, because nothing happened. So if there was a settlement, it was handled by some of the other officers that worked for me at the Association. So the answer is absolutely not." Herman Cain

How could he be in charge of the National Restaurant Association and not know if there was a settlement?

yes I see your point, if these people disappeared, depending on the day to day interaction he had with them, he might have noticed(?).

if the assoc. lawyers crafted a settlement which appears to be what happened, it seems to me he would have heard about this too....:eusa_eh:
This may not hurt Cain with Republicans.....but it's going to establish reasonable/unreasonable doubt with the swingers...and the Democrats are going to milk this cow for all it's worth. The DNC wants Romney to run, not because they're afraid of Cain....but anytime you make a Republican look bad, it's good for Obama.

The devil you know, and all.....

OK, that's just funny! :lol::lol::lol:

Now he's contradicting himself. First he didn't know if there was a settlement, and then he did.

When van Susteren asked about that, Cain said, "My general counsel said this started out where she and her lawyer were demanding a huge financial settlement…I don't remember a number…But then he said because there was no basis for this, we ended up settling for what would have been a termination settlement." When van Susteren asked how much money was involved, Cain said. "Maybe three months' salary. I don't remember. It might have been two months. I do remember my general counsel saying we didn't pay all of the money they demanded."

Cain details gesture that led to sex accusation | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Now he's contradicting himself. First he didn't know if there was a settlement, and then he did.

When van Susteren asked about that, Cain said, "My general counsel said this started out where she and her lawyer were demanding a huge financial settlement…I don't remember a number…But then he said because there was no basis for this, we ended up settling for what would have been a termination settlement." When van Susteren asked how much money was involved, Cain said. "Maybe three months' salary. I don't remember. It might have been two months. I do remember my general counsel saying we didn't pay all of the money they demanded."

Cain details gesture that led to sex accusation | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Can I try to spin this?

This is why the people love him. The very fact that Cain is not a convincing liar is because he's not a typical politician. AND THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANT!

The left is playing dirty politics again, no surprise here. He still gets my vote regardless. It's funny how the left will accuse a black man in the GOP of something he did not do, while allowing a white man that had an affair, drank heavily and murdered a woman when he drove his car off a bridge and did not report it until the following morning to serve for decades.
The left is a sick fucking joke, and we will deal with them in 2012.

Prove it is the left that is coming up with this. Sounds like it is someone on the right, probably someone who wants Romney. The establishment doesn't want cain they want Romney. ;)

I personally don't think this was intitated by the left.

I think some on the left who fear cain because they don't understand him might be celebrating it but I dont think it came from the left...it came from cain's history and probably the romney camp(well some might tell you romney is the left :razz:).
I will also say I don't think he did it.
I bet it was two white women, and Cain is black man. They knew he would pay up.

I still hate the fact Bryant paid up. He was clearly innocent.

I remember the 90's when sexual harrassment suits were a dime a dozen. If you wanted to nail a co-worker scream sexual harrassment. If you wanted to nail a supervisor scream sexual harrassment.

It was crazy. My husband reminded me of a great supervisor workers had when my husband worked for PPG at Saturn. Now he was tough on his employees and he demanded results but (I won't give his name) was always fair and square.

This man said to a young lady who was pregnant with twins "how are those puppies coming along?".

She filed a sexual harrassment complaint. Not kidding here. That's how bullshit it got.

Then finally every corporation because it got sooooooooooo insane in the 90's instituted "sensitivity training" for every member of the company to avoid the flood of bs lawsuits and they demanded far more proof than "he said she said he said".

Forum List

Back