Buy American

I'm not blaming anyone.

I'm just saying what it is.

The fact is no rich guy ever stopped anyone from making more money. The government is an annoyance that everyone has to deal with
No. The 1% do all they can to reduce labor costs. They love the open border and demand it stay open, for this very reason. Mass Immigration keeps labor cost down.

They also love closing US plants and moving production to nations with low labor costs, while our government supports their efforts.

No. The 1% do all they can to reduce labor costs. They love the open border and demand it stay open, for this very reason. Mass Immigration keeps labor cost down.

They also love closing US plants and moving production to nations with low labor costs, while our government supports their efforts.
To be fair, a lot of that is the corrupt government, not just business owners. It is a double barrel enema to working people. I know politicians are owned, but I think it is important that a huge part of the problem is political.

To be fair, a lot of that is the corrupt government, not just business owners. It is a double barrel enema to working people. I know politicians are owned, but I think it is important that a huge part of the problem is political.
Agreed. A government of, by, and for the PEOPLE, wouldn't allow this to happen.

So you think businesses shouldn't be allowed to turn a profit? You think they should just barely break even?

So you think businesses should never turn a profit. You know as well as I do labor is the single highest cost of any business.
He is saying we could have good high paying jobs if companies didn't move out of the country and if politicians didn't surrender in all trade agreements and allow low skilled workers to swarm in from the southern border. He is on your side. Profits are great, nobody is saying they aren't.

He is saying we could have good high paying jobs if companies didn't move out of the country and if politicians didn't surrender in all trade agreements and allow low skilled workers to swarm in from the southern border. He is on your side. Profits are great, nobody is saying they aren't.
But that's just it. Those "high paying jobs" cut deeply into profit margins, many of which are razor thin as it is. And again, labor is the largest expense of any business, and that's not just wages, but bennies as well. To top it off, whenever unions get involved, there's no recourse for management to terminate employees who are not doing their jobs or violating company policy.

But that's just it. Those "high paying jobs" cut deeply into profit margins, many of which are razor thin as it is. And again, labor is the largest expense of any business, and that's not just wages, but bennies as well. To top it off, whenever unions get involved, there's no recourse for management to terminate employees who are not doing their jobs or violating company policy.
I know profit margins are low, and that labor expenses are huge. I may be naive, but I think we could still build things in the US and not just be a service economy. I know we are competing with slave labor countries. I'd hate to say it, because I am a republican, but in this case I think government intervention is necessary. I think policies have to support United States Industries. Every country uses tariffs, and I know prices would soar if it is done too much. But I believe some tariffs could help. Not having to ship things in would help. I think there should also be incentives for creating things in our own country, and keeping business in our own country. I don't want to subsidize industries, and I don't want prices to soar, but there has to be a way to bring industry back to the US.

Tell the companies not to hire. Done. Win win win.

Forum List

Back