Building the Border Fence - A Public/Private Partnership

Actually the Berlin Wall did work. It reduce border traffic to a handful of people during the time it existed, as opposed to thousands of people every day. The great wall of China also worked. It limited invasions from Mongol hoards to once every 300 years, as one of your fellow deniers admitted.

The bottom line: like everyone else who says a fence wouldn't work, you're full of shit. Further, Democrats don't want to bust anyone from hiring illegals. The Obama administration has interfered with any such attempts.

The bottom line is that your ilk wants more illegals to enter the country because they vote Democrat.

Wow, a "conservative" extolling the virtues of the Berlin Wall...

People got past the Berlin Wall all the time.

And that was a relatively small affair compared to sealing off 2000+ Miles of border. Unless you are going to put a guard every 100 feet, people are going to climb over, dig under, or cut through. Or they will use other scams like fake marriages, student visas and so on to get in.

Actually the Berlin Wall did work. It reduce border traffic to a handful of people during the time it existed, as opposed to thousands of people every day. The great wall of China also worked. It limited invasions from Mongol hoards to once every 300 years, as one of your fellow deniers admitted.

The bottom line: like everyone else who says a fence wouldn't work, you're full of shit. Further, Democrats don't want to bust anyone from hiring illegals. The Obama administration has interfered with any such attempts.

The bottom line is that your ilk wants more illegals to enter the country because they vote Democrat.

Wow, a "conservative" extolling the virtues of the Berlin Wall...

People got past the Berlin Wall all the time.

And that was a relatively small affair compared to sealing off 2000+ Miles of border. Unless you are going to put a guard every 100 feet, people are going to climb over, dig under, or cut through. Or they will use other scams like fake marriages, student visas and so on to get in.

East Germany not only had to seal off Berlin with the wall, it also had a border of several hundred miles with West Germany it had to seal off. And reducing border crossings to a handful over the course of several decades means it worked. Your implication that if even one person gets across means it doesn't work is the logic of a leftwing shithead who doesn't care about facts or logic.

People can't climb, dig under or cut through if border guards are there to apprehend them. All the sleazy dishonest critics of the border fence behave as if there would be no one there to man it. Only pro-amnesty liberals are that stupid.

Last edited:
Do you really think a wall will keep out illegals?
It will keep out 95% of them. Walls and fences have worked every time they have been tried.

When you you leftwing turds going to admit that you don't want to seal the border?

Who do you think you're fooling?

sealing the border won't work. First, half of "illegals' didn't sneak across the border. They came here on planes or boats or buses on legit visas and then overstayed their visas.

second- and I know this is hard for you to grasp- Fences don't work. The Berlin Wall didn't work. The Great Wall of China didn't work. If people want to get past something bad enough, they will.

Third- I don't want to break this to you, but you are kind of a patsy. I know that you are one of these Bubba rednecks who just hates, hates, hates brown people, but the reality is, the people who run your party, the one-Percenters and rich people and business owners you can't wait to give tax breaks and free trade treaties to? They love them some Mexicans. They love them sneaking across the border and taking your job for less money.

You see, the real solution is not to put up a fence some clever fellow will just find a way to sneak around.

The Real solution is to bust those who hire them. The sweatshop and the construction site that picked up a bunch of day laborers at Home Depot and the Rich assholes like Meg Whitman who hire illegals to take care of their kids because they can't be bothered. You get caught hiring illegals, you pay HUGE honking fines.

Where is the proof of who they vote for??

That's an excellent idea! I live in Virginia and you constantly see highway signs that say "X" road is sponsored or "adopted" by some person or group. The damn fence would be up in no time. Now that's a true "shovel ready" job. Bravo!

It will keep out 95% of them. Walls and fences have worked every time they have been tried.

When you you leftwing turds going to admit that you don't want to seal the border?

sealing the border won't work. First, half of "illegals' didn't sneak across the border. They came here on planes or boats or buses on legit visas and then overstayed their visas.

second- and I know this is hard for you to grasp- Fences don't work. The Berlin Wall didn't work. The Great Wall of China didn't work. If people want to get past something bad enough, they will.

Third- I don't want to break this to you, but you are kind of a patsy. I know that you are one of these Bubba rednecks who just hates, hates, hates brown people, but the reality is, the people who run your party, the one-Percenters and rich people and business owners you can't wait to give tax breaks and free trade treaties to? They love them some Mexicans. They love them sneaking across the border and taking your job for less money.

You see, the real solution is not to put up a fence some clever fellow will just find a way to sneak around.

The Real solution is to bust those who hire them. The sweatshop and the construction site that picked up a bunch of day laborers at Home Depot and the Rich assholes like Meg Whitman who hire illegals to take care of their kids because they can't be bothered. You get caught hiring illegals, you pay HUGE honking fines.

That question isn't worth a substantive response.

That's an excellent idea! I live in Virginia and you constantly see highway signs that say "X" road is sponsored or "adopted" by some person or group. The damn fence would be up in no time. Now that's a true "shovel ready" job. Bravo!

That's why the idea scares all the pro-amnesty liberal turds.

Because it is an opinion, and has no facts to back it up...

Like the Catholics......Pure, unadalterated,,,, liberalism

Wrong. It has been thoroughly documented. Turds like you have been gloating for years that 70% of Hispanics vote Democrat.

Only Hispanic Catholics oppose the fence.

East Germany not only had to seal off Berlin with the wall, it also had a border of several hundred miles with West Germany it had to seal off. And reducing border crossings to a handful over the course of several decades is working. Your implication that if even one person gets across means it doesn't work is the logic of a leftwing shithead who doesn't care about facts or logic.

Except that there weren't that many attempts to cross the border. What you also forget is that the East Germans weren't trying to keep West Germans out, they were trying to keep their own people in. That involved a society where the Staasi had people literally spying on their neighbors and children informing on their own parents to make sure no one tried to make a break for it.

YOu really are a stupid person, aren't you?

People can't climb, dig under or cut through if border guards are there to apprehend them. All the sleazy dishonest critics of the border fence behave as if there would be no one there to man it. Only pro-amnesty liberals are that stupid.

so all they have to do is find the one border guard who can be bribed. Problem solved.

How many men are you going to put on the border? Keep in mind, you are going to need three shifts so every length of border you guard is going to need three full time employees to guard it. And how much are you willing to pay them so that a coyote offering them $1000 bucks to look the other way while they sneak the Hernandez Family past them doesn't seem like a good idea.

so let's say one guard every 500 feet. That's being generous and assumes that they have a vehicle to respond quickly if they see something suspicous The US mexico border is 1933 miles. So - 1933 x 5280 feet to a mile divided by 500. So you would need 20,412 guards on that border to watch it for a shift, and you'd probably need three shifts. So let's say 61,000 guards.

Pay them maybe $50,000 a year to make it a good enough job so they give a shit. So you are talking about maybe 3 billion to just pay for the manpower. And that's not including the costs of actually building the fence, providing them with vehicles and survellience equipment.

And then there's the fact that illegals could then go by boat instead.

that would be nice, boats are easily sunk with a burst from a modern chain gun
images
, i wish i had one !!

us gun guys'n gals should be allowed to own one of these EQUALIZERS !! :lmao:

Wrong. It has been thoroughly documented. Turds like you have been gloating for years that 70% of Hispanics vote Democrat.
Well when I vote for the democratic ticket, I'll let you know...until then it's another unfounded projection of opinion...

Only Hispanic Catholics oppose the fence.
Mike Huckabee is a Mexican Hispanic?

China's Great Wall is the largest man made object on earth. It is 5,000 miles long, built over a period of 800 years, cost the lives of millions of Chinese to build it, and bankrupted dynasty after dynasty in their efforts to keep it manned and maintained. It was built to keep out the Mongolian raiders from the north. In today's dollars, it would cost $40 billion dollars to build.

It was an utter failure. Giengus Khan simply bribed his way through, and conquered China. Three hundred years later, invaders did it again when a rebel general simply opened the gate.

Conservatives, by their very nature, never learn from mistakes of the past.

So once every 300 years someone managed to get through it? I call that a bargain.

We aren't talking about building the great wall. The cost of a border fence would be a small fraction of the DHS budget.

The real reason you're against it is the fact that it would work. You don't want to seal the border and prevent illegal immigration. You want to import Democrats to this country.

Fuck you.

...and so pathetic, Bipart, that you can not even talk about the issues without gross obscenities, which is, of course, the hallmark of someone who is just barely out of puberty.

You are on ignore, now, Bi. Scream obscenities to your heart's content. While you are at it, lie of the floor, kick your feet, and hold your breath until you turn blue. I'm sure that that used to work on your mommy.

Allowing a flood of Mexicans into this country is not a productive use of capital. Mexicans take a lot of good jobs away from Americans. My brother had a construction business until Mexicans undercut his prices and drove him out of business. Immigration is making this country a shitty place for Americans to live. We are importing the third world and now we're starting to look like it.

Sorry to hear about your brother's company.
I've heard the same complaints about chinese and indians ( offshoring of jobs). These are the consequences of globalization.
A fence seems a very primitive device, same as shooting immigrants.
If tariffs are set to products then tariffs can be set to labour too. I would find more agreeable charging a fee to foreign governments fore every illegal that gets legilized. That way the foreign governments will be more interested in stopping illegals and improving their local economies.
A fence with the US second trading partner and the main destination for retirees is not a civilized answer.

Not if the method in the OP is used. Even if it isn't used, the fence is cheaper than the manpower required without it.

The answer is removing the reason that illegals come to the US; money.

New law: Any employer that hires an illegal is subject to a one-million dollar fine and mandatory ten years in federal prison for each illegal. The left won't like it due to 'human rights.' The right won't like it because they're hypocrites.

I've already posted my idea for a wall on this forum. I will build it, but it will cost $20 trillion per year to run. I'll even give a $1M per person that gets through fine.

a wall will keep out illegals

not all.., maybe 99.9%.., those getting over should be shot dead as foreign invaders, spies, or terrorists bent on destroying our country!! :up:

Wow! What a great idea! Execute suspects without a trial for misdemeanors! Hell, We could just line them up in front of the Constitution, and be done with that pesky thing in no time, as well!

Forum List

Back