Building the Border Fence - A Public/Private Partnership

It discourages people from going into your yard, like kids who want to do mischief.

It would not stop anyone who wanted to live in your house while you are away.

Who's proposing to build a fence like the kind I have around my yard?

Walls around gated communities definitely reduce the amount of crime that occurs in them.

At great expense to the residents who live in them.

The expense is minor compared to the cost of the crime it prevents. It also reduces your insurance rates to some extent.

I have a fence around my yard. Gated communities have walls around them with security guards. You have to be stupid or fundamentally dishonest to argue that walls don't work.
The fence around your yard is for privacy. You are seriously retarded if you think it would stop anyone who wanted to enter your yard.

It discourages people from going into your yard, like kids who want to do mischief. Walls around gated communities definitely reduce the amount of crime that occurs in them. Developers wouldn't build them if they didn't work. What do they know that liberals are too stupid to figure out?
The walls are there so you can sleep better.....

You sleep better because the wall keeps criminals out. I know from personal experience. I bought a house in a gated community before the wall was finished. A lot of crimes were reported in the neighborhood before they closed it off to outsiders.
I live in the boonies and no crime here either without walls or fences...

So?

The fence around your yard is for privacy. You are seriously retarded if you think it would stop anyone who wanted to enter your yard.

It discourages people from going into your yard, like kids who want to do mischief. Walls around gated communities definitely reduce the amount of crime that occurs in them. Developers wouldn't build them if they didn't work. What do they know that liberals are too stupid to figure out?
The walls are there so you can sleep better.....

You sleep better because the wall keeps criminals out. I know from personal experience. I bought a house in a gated community before the wall was finished. A lot of crimes were reported in the neighborhood before they closed it off to outsiders.
I live in the boonies and no crime here either without walls or fences...

So?
The Mexicans live in town...

Do you really think a wall will keep out illegals?
It will keep out 95% of them. Walls and fences have worked every time they have been tried.

When you you leftwing turds going to admit that you don't want to seal the border?

Who do you think you're fooling?
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Just cause you can't get over a wall does not mean 99.99999999999999999999% of the population can't.

It will take them a lot of work to get over a well designed wall. Meanwhile the border patrol will be waiting for them when they step foot on the other side.

The Israeli wall works astoundingly well, so what do the Israelis know that liberals are too stupid to figure out?
You are comparing apples to oranges. Clearly you've never seen our southern border. You can't wall it or fence it... there's already a RIVER there and it does nothing to slow people down. We don't have a functional border patrol. We use our border patrol as bus drivers to bring illegal mexicans up to processing centers put them up in nice digs before we give them money and food and bus them around the country to collect welfare. ROFL

The Israeli fence is minuscule by comparison and it's near heavy population already. Our border is in the middle of nowhere for thousands of miles. It's like comparing paring a fence at a prison (israel) to a fence in the middle of the sahara desert... its a silly comparison.

What you need to take care of the border is men and a mission to stop them from coming over vs. help them come over.

Last edited:
doesn't matter Moonglow , I blame them all no matter the president or party . Hey , your kids are going to love the mess that some of you are building . Difference between you and me is I don't accept whats going on and I have the attitude that I want it stopped . And being in the boonies makes no difference . See the expansion of California city , Mojave , Lancaster and Palmdale California . They were the boonies 30 - 40 years ago but are now pretty big , scummy cities .

Last edited:
A Public/Private Partnership

now that's funny !

the Government has spent over a billion dollars on a half ass fence .. how much are you going to donate ? ... a 100 bucks ... 500 bucks ?

lets go big shot, pony up the $.

I have a fence around my yard. Gated communities have walls around them with security guards. You have to be stupid or fundamentally dishonest to argue that walls don't work.

Yes. And people will continue to put fences around places they want to keep secure. The higher and the more barbed wire the better. Adding an electric fence is effective.

Well, lefties, if you don't think fences make any difference, then remove that fence around the White House. Of course, the guards there are watching for people, though they have fucked up in the past.

If we had a fence, more security at the border and NO rewards for entering illegally or overstaying your visa, I doubt we'd have a problem. Take away the perks for sneaking in and the problem will solve itself. If sneaking in meant getting caught eventually and gaining nothing, people wouldn't bother. As it is, they were practically invited with big promises from Obama.

Yes. And people will continue to put fences around places they want to keep secure. The higher and more barbed wire or adding an electric fence is effective.

Well, lefties, if you don't think fences make any difference, then remove that fence around the White House. Of course, the guards there are watching for people, though they have fucked up in the past.

If we had a fence, more security at the border and NO rewards for entering illegally or overstaying your visa, I doubt we'd have a problem. Take away the perks for sneaking in and the problem will solve itself. If sneaking in meant getting caught eventually and gaining nothing, people wouldn't bother. As it is, they were practically invited with big promises from Obama.

the Whitehouse ... 3 acres

the Mexican border 2000 miles

same thing ... if you're a dumbass.

Yes. And people will continue to put fences around places they want to keep secure. The higher and the more barbed wire the better. Adding an electric fence is effective.

Yeah, and while we're at it we can remove the fence around Area 51 and all the other bases the military owns. We can remove the fence around ICBM sites. That shouldn't be a problem since fences don't work, right?

The people who object to fences are just plain stupid.

Yes. And people will continue to put fences around places they want to keep secure. The higher and more barbed wire or adding an electric fence is effective.

So it take a fence 500 times longer.

Problem solved.

Walls and fences have worked every time they have been tried.
Only when they have an army on the wall.

Is this the GOP jobs plan?

We already have an army on the border. A well designed fence makes their job 10 times easier. There simply is no valid reason for not building a fence.
There's already a fence in place.
What do you want to do ? Build it higher? Add a moat?
It still needs one patrol every 200 yds or so. This actually means a force of 20,000 to 30,000 men to keep an eye on the wall.
And then there's the fact that illegals could then go by boat instead.

No, if you read the OP where each state and city took care of it's own, it would be an easily handled problem. No one expects the federal government to build a fence that big. It would be done by people with brains.

Taking away the rewards for people who sneak in or overstay their visa is the way to solve the problem. Congress passes a bill saying no citizenship for a child born here unless at least one parent is a citizen or both parents are here legally. No welfare, no housing or any other freebies. Be here legally or as a genuine refugee or you get nothing but a ride to the border you entered.

So it take a fence 500 times longer.

Problem solved.

you're an idiot, that problem can't be solved. Everyone with an IQ over 70 just doesn't pay any attention to you.

A Public/Private Partnership

now that's funny !

the Government has spent over a billion dollars on a half ass fence .. how much are you going to donate ? ... a 100 bucks ... 500 bucks ?

lets go big shot, pony up the $.

I'll be happy to pony up some cash once somebody organizes the thing, and millions of other Americans will too. That's what has you so scared.

We already have an army on the border. A well designed fence makes their job 10 times easier. There simply is no valid reason for not building a fence.
It still needs one patrol every 200 yds or so. This actually means a force of 20,000 to 30,000 men to keep an eye on the wall.
Again, once in office I would propose military bases. They would also have munitions that include drones. So how can that not be a deterrent? Add the Navy and...

Again, once in office I would propose military bases. They would also have munitions that include drones. So how can that not be a deterrent? Add the Navy and...
Of course, it can be done. But it is also very , very expensive.
There are cheaper alternatives :
1) Go after the employers ( no demand, no supply )
2) Charge a fee to the Mexican government for every illegal living in the US ( that way you don't need to expell them , you just charge a fee or reflect the costs of having an illegal), then maybe they will put more effort in improving Mexico's economy.

ROFL yeah cause mexicans don't know how to cut wire.... ROFL YOU GUYS ARE SO DAMN FUNNY

Yeah, and while we're at it we can remove the fence around Area 51 and all the other bases the military owns. We can remove the fence around ICBM sites. That shouldn't be a problem since fences don't work, right?

The people who object to fences are just plain stupid.
Anyone who thinks we protect ICBM sites with fences is a moron.

You could put a millon man army on the fence and it still would not stop the illegals from coming over. The sad fact is it would just give the illegals more people to help them come into the USA. Duh!! When are you guys gonna figure out what's going on down there?

You could put a millon man army on the fence and it still would not stop the illegals from coming over. The sad fact is it would just give the illegals more people to help them come into the USA. Duh!! When are you guys gonna figure out what's going on down there?

I think the fence is the dumbest idea ever.
We already have NAFTA, let's just treat labour like another commodity which can exchanged.
If there are still illegals ( which would be puzzling , because, who would cross the border at a risk when he can make a danger free crossing by doing some paperwork) then apply some tariff to the Mexican government.

Forum List

Back