Building the Border Fence - A Public/Private Partnership

I have a fence around my yard. Gated communities have walls around them with security guards. You have to be stupid or fundamentally dishonest to argue that walls don't work.

Yes. And people will continue to put fences around places they want to keep secure. The higher and the more barbed wire the better. Adding an electric fence is effective.

Well, lefties, if you don't think fences make any difference, then remove that fence around the White House. Of course, the guards there are watching for people, though they have fucked up in the past.

If we had a fence, more security at the border and NO rewards for entering illegally or overstaying your visa, I doubt we'd have a problem. Take away the perks for sneaking in and the problem will solve itself. If sneaking in meant getting caught eventually and gaining nothing, people wouldn't bother. As it is, they were practically invited with big promises from Obama.

Yeah, and while we're at it we can remove the fence around Area 51 and all the other bases the military owns. We can remove the fence around ICBM sites. That shouldn't be a problem since fences don't work, right?

The people who object to fences are just plain stupid.
Anyone who thinks we protect ICBM sites with fences is a moron.

Notice the fence, moron:

4014_qOa3C_Badlands_Missile_Site_md.jpg

Walls and fences have worked every time they have been tried.
Only when they have an army on the wall.

Is this the GOP jobs plan?

We already have an army on the border. A well designed fence makes their job 10 times easier. There simply is no valid reason for not building a fence.
There's already a fence in place.
What do you want to do ? Build it higher? Add a moat?
It still needs one patrol every 200 yds or so. This actually means a force of 20,000 to 30,000 men to keep an eye on the wall.
And then there's the fact that illegals could then go by boat instead.
You could put a millon man army on the fence and it still would not stop the illegals from coming over. The sad fact is it would just give the illegals more people to help them come into the USA. Duh!! When are you guys gonna figure out what's going on down there?

What utter horseshit. I'll just right you off as a moron.

You could put a millon man army on the fence and it still would not stop the illegals from coming over. The sad fact is it would just give the illegals more people to help them come into the USA. Duh!! When are you guys gonna figure out what's going on down there?

I think the fence is the dumbest idea ever.
We already have NAFTA, let's just treat labour like another commodity which can exchanged.
If there are still illegals ( which would be puzzling , because, who would cross the border at a risk when he can make a danger free crossing by doing some paperwork) then apply some tariff to the Mexican government.

I don't get your point. Are you proposing to end illegal immigration by granting a visa to anyone who wants one?

I have a fence around my yard. Gated communities have walls around them with security guards. You have to be stupid or fundamentally dishonest to argue that walls don't work.

Yes. And people will continue to put fences around places they want to keep secure. The higher and the more barbed wire the better. Adding an electric fence is effective.

Well, lefties, if you don't think fences make any difference, then remove that fence around the White House. Of course, the guards there are watching for people, though they have fucked up in the past.

If we had a fence, more security at the border and NO rewards for entering illegally or overstaying your visa, I doubt we'd have a problem. Take away the perks for sneaking in and the problem will solve itself. If sneaking in meant getting caught eventually and gaining nothing, people wouldn't bother. As it is, they were practically invited with big promises from Obama.
ROFL yeah cause mexicans don't know how to cut wire.... ROFL YOU GUYS ARE SO DAMN FUNNY

Do you really think anyone is going to just walk up to a fence like the one pictured with a pair of wire cutters?

608097-c51944ae-9c4c-11e4-86b2-7ba151851551.jpg

I don't get your point. Are you proposing to end illegal immigration by granting a visa to anyone who wants one?
Nope.
Proposing that anyone who wants to apply for an open post should get a work visa. That way you get both cheap labour and tax revenues.

ROFL yeah cause mexicans don't know how to cut wire.... ROFL YOU GUYS ARE SO DAMN FUNNY

Do you really think anyone is going to just walk up to a fence like the one pictured with a pair of wire cutters?

Narco tunels have been becoming increasingly sofisticated. And although the primary use is drug smuggling I find no reason for which they could not be used to allow persons cross the border.

image_230602_6.jpg

Nope.
Proposing that anyone who wants to apply for an open post should get a work visa. That way you get both cheap labour and tax revenues.
Why do you want to give American jobs away to Mexicans? 95% of the jobs illegals take are not in agriculture. A lot of them are in construction, mining, truck driving - jobs Americans are willing to do, that is. Mexicans should only be given work permit for jobs in Agriculture, picking fruit and vegetables.

Narco tunels have been becoming increasingly sofisticated. And although the primary use is drug smuggling I find no reason for which they could not be used to allow persons cross the border.

image_230602_6.jpg

They can easily be detected with microphones.

Why do you want to give American jobs away to Mexicans? 95% of the jobs illegals take are not in agriculture. A lot of them are in construction, mining, truck driving - jobs Americans are willing to do, that is. Mexicans should only be given work permit for jobs in Agriculture, picking fruit and vegetables.

I am not really sure that most americans are willing to take the jobs that most Mexicans do ( I am half guessing here, but it would be really interesting to see a statistic on this area) .
My line of thought is that if they were legal, they would have to earn the minimum wage at least ( probably more). What would be de incentive to hire them instead of hiring an American then? Comunicating with mexicans could prove harder during the first months, for example.

If the US continues getting illegals, then adjust the tariffs in the NAFTA.
Just make labour an integral part of NAFTA.

A fence needs a lot of man power and its a really long hot and dry border. Human capital on both sides of the border can be used in much more productive ways.

This would be the pertinent link.

Mexican Guest Workers Take Jobs Few Americans Want

If you have any link which talks about the opposite ( that Mexicans take away jobs which Americans are willing to do ) I would certainly appreciate it, and would probably make me change my current point of view on this matter.

Last edited:
China's Great Wall is the largest man made object on earth. It is 5,000 miles long, built over a period of 800 years, cost the lives of millions of Chinese to build it, and bankrupted dynasty after dynasty in their efforts to keep it manned and maintained. It was built to keep out the Mongolian raiders from the north. In today's dollars, it would cost $40 billion dollars to build.

It was an utter failure. Giengus Khan simply bribed his way through, and conquered China. Three hundred years later, invaders did it again when a rebel general simply opened the gate.

Conservatives, by their very nature, never learn from mistakes of the past.

I am not really sure that most americans are willing to take the jobs that most Mexicans do ( I am half guessing here, but it would be really interesting to see a statistic on this area) .
My line of thought is that if they were legal, they would have to earn the minimum wage at least ( probably more). What would be de incentive to hire them instead of hiring an American then? Comunicating with mexicans could prove harder during the first months, for example.

If the US continues getting illegals, then adjust the tariffs in the NAFTA.
Just make labour an integral part of NAFTA.

A fence needs a lot of man power and its a really long hot and dry border. Human capital on both sides of the border can be used in much more productive ways.

This would be the pertinent link.

Mexican Guest Workers Take Jobs Few Americans Want

If you have any link which talks about the opposite ( that Mexicans take away jobs which Americans are willing to do ) I would certainly appreciate it, and would probably make me change my current point of view on this matter.

Allowing a flood of Mexicans into this country is not a productive use of capital. Mexicans take a lot of good jobs away from Americans. My brother had a construction business until Mexicans undercut his prices and drove him out of business. Immigration is making this country a shitty place for Americans to live. We are importing the third world and now we're starting to look like it.

China's Great Wall is the largest man made object on earth. It is 5,000 miles long, built over a period of 800 years, cost the lives of millions of Chinese to build it, and bankrupted dynasty after dynasty in their efforts to keep it manned and maintained. It was built to keep out the Mongolian raiders from the north. In today's dollars, it would cost $40 billion dollars to build.

It was an utter failure. Giengus Khan simply bribed his way through, and conquered China. Three hundred years later, invaders did it again when a rebel general simply opened the gate.

Conservatives, by their very nature, never learn from mistakes of the past.

So once every 300 years someone managed to get through it? I call that a bargain.

We aren't talking about building the great wall. The cost of a border fence would be a small fraction of the DHS budget.

The real reason you're against it is the fact that it would work. You don't want to seal the border and prevent illegal immigration. You want to import Democrats to this country.

Fuck you.

Do you really think a wall will keep out illegals?
It will keep out 95% of them. Walls and fences have worked every time they have been tried.

When you you leftwing turds going to admit that you don't want to seal the border?

Who do you think you're fooling?

sealing the border won't work. First, half of "illegals' didn't sneak across the border. They came here on planes or boats or buses on legit visas and then overstayed their visas.

second- and I know this is hard for you to grasp- Fences don't work. The Berlin Wall didn't work. The Great Wall of China didn't work. If people want to get past something bad enough, they will.

Third- I don't want to break this to you, but you are kind of a patsy. I know that you are one of these Bubba rednecks who just hates, hates, hates brown people, but the reality is, the people who run your party, the one-Percenters and rich people and business owners you can't wait to give tax breaks and free trade treaties to? They love them some Mexicans. They love them sneaking across the border and taking your job for less money.

You see, the real solution is not to put up a fence some clever fellow will just find a way to sneak around.

The Real solution is to bust those who hire them. The sweatshop and the construction site that picked up a bunch of day laborers at Home Depot and the Rich assholes like Meg Whitman who hire illegals to take care of their kids because they can't be bothered. You get caught hiring illegals, you pay HUGE honking fines.

Do you really think a wall will keep out illegals?
It will keep out 95% of them. Walls and fences have worked every time they have been tried.

When you you leftwing turds going to admit that you don't want to seal the border?

Who do you think you're fooling?

sealing the border won't work. First, half of "illegals' didn't sneak across the border. They came here on planes or boats or buses on legit visas and then overstayed their visas.

second- and I know this is hard for you to grasp- Fences don't work. The Berlin Wall didn't work. The Great Wall of China didn't work. If people want to get past something bad enough, they will.

Third- I don't want to break this to you, but you are kind of a patsy. I know that you are one of these Bubba rednecks who just hates, hates, hates brown people, but the reality is, the people who run your party, the one-Percenters and rich people and business owners you can't wait to give tax breaks and free trade treaties to? They love them some Mexicans. They love them sneaking across the border and taking your job for less money.

You see, the real solution is not to put up a fence some clever fellow will just find a way to sneak around.

The Real solution is to bust those who hire them. The sweatshop and the construction site that picked up a bunch of day laborers at Home Depot and the Rich assholes like Meg Whitman who hire illegals to take care of their kids because they can't be bothered. You get caught hiring illegals, you pay HUGE honking fines.

Actually the Berlin Wall did work. It reduce border traffic to a handful of people during the time it existed, as opposed to thousands of people every day. The great wall of China also worked. It limited invasions from Mongol hoards to once every 300 years, as one of your fellow deniers admitted.

The bottom line: like everyone else who says a fence wouldn't work, you're full of shit. Further, Democrats don't want to bust anyone from hiring illegals. The Obama administration has interfered with any such attempts.

The bottom line is that your ilk wants more illegals to enter the country because they vote Democrat.

Forum List

Back