Browns limp to 13-10 win over Steelers

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
This one was ugly, but ugly wins are wins baby.

1. We dominated the first half, but only found ourselves up 10-0. It should have been more. Our rookie QB was effective at game managing.
2. Pittsburgh’s Warren breaks a 74 yd TD run, instantly zapping the momentum.
3. Our Rookie QB became comatose, our offense became anemic. Pittsburgh tied it 10-10, had all the momentum.
4. Our defense made a few key stops, and Kareem Hunt had an amazing hurdle of a defender to get a first down that pumped up the team.
5. Our shook QB had a good game winning drive putting multiple balls on the money so we could kick the FG.

7-3, amazing. Now the question is what to do at QB. This kid DTR has played 2 games, averages like 140 yds per game, has 0 TDs and 4 INTs. The only reason we had a chance in yesterdays game is because pittsburghs offense is largely horrible. From what we’ve seen I don’t think DTR can put points on the board. I’d sign a vet to come in who has proven they are capable of average QB play.

I wonder what DTR's numbers would be like without the 6-7 easily catchable dropped balls hadn't happened?

No, I do not think he is the answer but just noting. (Nor do I think Flacco is)

I wonder what DTR's numbers would be like without the 6-7 easily catchable dropped balls hadn't happened?

Still not very good, all of those were short out routes, mostly on 3rd downs that wouldn’t have gotten a first.

Definitely frustrating, and I don’t hold DTR completely accountable, even his INT was a batted ball up in the air. However, he hasn’t shown the ability to make completions over 6-8 yards, and can’t attack the end zone. Thus far, as it stands now, the browns shouldn’t start him again IMO. I hope he can improve quickly, but if it were my ass on the line, I’d get someone proven

And to add.. we need a QB who Doesn’t get as rattled as DTR did in the 3rd and most of the 4th quarter. He went absolutely flaccid/limp., was staring off into space like he had just lost a family member over on the bench. Kareem Hunt and defense had to light the fire. They dragged this kid to a win.

Forum List

Back