Best quarterback in the NFL in 2023?

Who is the best current quarterback in the NFL?

• Patrick Mahomes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Josh Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dak Prescott

• CJ Stroud

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Jalen Hurts

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Tua Tagovailoa

• Other please list

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Kenny Pickett.

The kid hasn't enough skill to play at the high school level but still parleyed his position into the NFL making millions solely because the Uni. of Pitt had the same building and offices as the Steeler organization and they were stupid enough to hire him in the 1st round because they ate lunch together!

Dumb luck trumps skill every time.

It’s Mahomes by a relatively wide margin.

Did you see Mahomes threw a perfect pass to win the game and his receiver dropped it? And Travis dropped some balls too. This is what happens when Taylor Swift isn't at the game. It affects more than just Travis.

Can't blame Mahomes for losing yesterday. Blame it all on one guy

1700577830580.png

How dare you? Jared Goff I just heard this morning is #5 right now. You have 6 names listed and he's not on it.
Jared Goff isnt the 5th best QB in the league.

In no particular order,

Mahomes
Hurts
Herbert
Stroud
Jackson
Lawrence

all better than Goff.

Did you see Mahomes threw a perfect pass to win the game and his receiver dropped it? And Travis dropped some balls too. This is what happens when Taylor Swift isn't at the game. It affects more than just Travis.

Can't blame Mahomes for losing yesterday. Blame it all on one guy

View attachment 861778
He threw a bunch of perfect passes that his receivers dropped.

In no particular order,

Mahomes
Hurts
Herbert
Stroud
Jackson
Lawrence

all better than Goff.

And I can't say he doesn't have as good of a O line because he has a great O line.

He made it to the Superbowl. If he wins one for us, I guess it doesn't matter. Like, those guys may be a little better on paper but when it comes to winning, he's good/close enough.

This is what they were saying a month ago

Jared Goff is playing like the best quarterback in the NFL​

He hasn’t been on this type of a roll since his monster 2018 season​

That’s right, eat your heart out Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, and even Tua Tagovailoa, Goff is currently playing quarterback at arguably the highest level in the NFL.

Through five games this season, Goff sits atop the PFF quarterback rankings, largely because he is not turning the ball over. Through five games, per PFF’s turnover-worthy metric Goff only has three. He has the fourth-most passing touchdowns, the fourth-highest yards per attempt, and has the highest adjusted completion percentage in the league.

That's the first 5 games. He's 5 and 1 since. I'd say he's doing pretty good.

In no particular order,

Mahomes
Hurts
Herbert
Stroud
Jackson
Lawrence

all better than Goff.
The dude looks pretty, but the dude just can't win.
Herbert.......LOLOOLLOLLL

In no particular order,

Mahomes
Hurts
Herbert
Stroud
Jackson
Lawrence

all better than Goff.

How come you don't have Dak on your list? According to what I'm reading, you should want Dak Prescott as your QB. Do you?

NFL QB Index, Week 11: Dak Prescott earns highest ranking of 2023; Josh Allen tumbles out of top 10​

So honestly, who cares about best QB in football. Patrick Mahomes is because he's won 2 Superbowls. I'll take him even if he's not number 1 in your statistics.

Herbert? Who???

How come you don't have Dak on your list? According to what I'm reading, you should want Dak Prescott as your QB. Do you?

NFL QB Index, Week 11: Dak Prescott earns highest ranking of 2023; Josh Allen tumbles out of top 10​

So honestly, who cares about best QB in football. Patrick Mahomes is because he's won 2 Superbowls. I'll take him even if he's not number 1 in your statistics.

Herbert? Who???
This isn't a list the QB's on the ESPN stats page in order thread. If that's what we are basing this on solely then there's no discussion, it's a copy and paste job. It's who are the best QB in the league. I dont have Dak on the list because he's not one of the 5 best qb's in the league. IMO. Isn that rather obvious?

This isn't a list the QB's on the ESPN stats page in order thread. If that's what we are basing this on solely then there's no discussion, it's a copy and paste job. It's who are the best QB in the league. I dont have Dak on the list because he's not one of the 5 best qb's in the league. IMO. Isn that rather obvious?
Oh so it's in your opinion. Then Goff is definitely top 2. Because the Lion's have the 2nd best record in the league. All kinds of things factor in to why. Let me give you an example. If Mahomes receiver would have caught that pass, the Lion's would be in first place. Hurts would have lost last night. But Hurts is now the best QB in football. His record shows it.

It's so hard to say "this guy threw for 400 yards and this guy threw for 200 so the guy who threw for 400 is better. Did he win? Were they playing the same defenses? Was someone injured?

Who do you think is the best quarterback currently playing in the NFL?

The Cheeta said "TUA is more accurate". Maybe cheeta is correct?

But I give my vote to Stroud. Certainly the most unexpected doing the most with the worst expected team? the last guy at HOU was not getting any wins like Stroud does.

As he was at Ohio St. A winner. He got them to 41 yd FG range vs. GA.....the kick was wide or they are DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPS #neverletitgo. GA/SEC can go fool around at Vanderbilt and KY.

Last edited:
I have to give my vote to Patrick Mahomes…. two times Super Bowl and regular season MVP. Two times Super Bowl champion.

He seems like a soft spoken good guy on and off the field. He’s also very football smart. I caught his take on the bills Broncos game on Monday night football and he was calling many of the place right before they even happened.

I have to give my vote to Patrick Mahomes…. two times Super Bowl and regular season MVP. Two times Super Bowl champion.

He seems like a soft spoken good guy on and off the field. He’s also very football smart. I caught his take on the bills Broncos game on Monday night football and he was calling many of the place right before they even happened.

OOOPS, I took it to mean "this year". Stroud for unexpected good year. Mahomes overall, as he can still move around AND keep his eyes downfield. Mahomes is still quick enough on his feet.

OOOPS, I took it to mean "this year". Stroud for unexpected good year. Mahomes overall, as he can still move around AND keep his eyes downfield. Mahomes is still quick enough on his feet.
Well, I think mahomes is the best quarterback this year.

I should’ve explained myself better. His receivers have dropped 30 passes this year. So his stats could be better if they could catch more balls.

Forum List

Back