Zone1 Broad-brush reparations to all blacks is unconstituional

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
The question has been raised as to why reparations to all blacks is unconstitutional, and the answer of course is that the government cannot give money to an entire race of people based solely on their skin color. Cases must be decided on an individual basis.

The following are two examoles: one of a black who deserves reparations, and another of those who don’t:

Deserves reparations:
Black 70-year-old who lived in Alabama: this particular black was deprived of equal rights for not being allowed to drink at certain water fountains, swim in certain public pools, or attend certain public schools.

Not qualified for reparations:
The children of the blacks in the below 1941 photo of CCNY college students, all of whom received a free college education. As a result, the children were raised by college-educated parents and probably went to college (and even grad school) themselves. These children would now be in their 70s, and THEIR own kids in their 40s.

IOW, the case for reparations has to be on an individual basis, not skin color.

it is a slippery slope at best....what minority cant claim they were hurt a century ago by government policies....native americans..women...the list just goes on
This is true, but the point of the thread is to show why repararions based on race is unconstituional. It can be granted on an individual basis if damages are proven.

The question has been raised as to why reparations to all blacks is unconstitutional, and the answer of course is that the government cannot give money to an entire race of people based solely on their skin color. Cases must be decided on an individual basis.

The following are two examoles: one of a black who deserves reparations, and another of those who don’t:

Deserves reparations:
Black 70-year-old who lived in Alabama: this particular black was deprived of equal rights for not being allowed to drink at certain water fountains, swim in certain public pools, or attend certain public schools.

Not qualified for reparations:
The children of the blacks in the below 1941 photo of CCNY college students, all of whom received a free college education. As a result, the children were raised by college-educated parents and probably went to college (and even grad school) themselves. These children would now be in their 70s, and THEIR own kids in their 40s.

IOW, the case for reparations has to be on an individual basis, not skin color.

the current value of an 1866 40 acres of former slaveowner land or the vastness of the west and a worn out govm't surplus mule might be far greater than you think. there is not that much money in the world.

this is not a settled issue among democrats. many white americans died to abolish slavery and even more families immigrated long after the slaves were free.

one proposal...give them a cash settlement but then they or their heirs can no long enroll in any government program..ie food stamps etc hud all that crap comes off the table

one proposal...give them a cash settlement but then they or their heirs can no long enroll in any government program..ie food stamps etc hud all that crap comes off the table
But even then, it shouldn’t be everyone. The children of college-educated parents should not, as the odds are both they and their parents gained from affirmative action. They already received reparations.

it is a slippery slope at best....what minority cant claim they were hurt a century ago by government policies....native americans..women...the list just goes on
And some years down the road yet — those poor white folk will demand reparations for the deleterious effect of race preference treatment for POC.

It's constitutional for descendants of American slaves.

If you're a descendant of an American slave, then it's constitutional to repair the harm done to them and their descendants.
freed slaves could get compensation

But no black person alive today was ever a slave in America

No free shoe shines for theM

You crazy assholes are talking like it's some kind of forgone conclusion that we're just gonna let yuns shake us down and arbitrarily divy up what we have in our pockets at the barrel of a government gun.

It's like you're merely competing for the coveted Platinum victim status designation at this point. lol...

Last edited:
freed slaves could get compensation

But no black person alive today was ever a slave in America

No free shoe shines for theM
Uh huh...

giphy.gif

And some years down the road yet — those poor white folk will demand reparations for the deleterious effect of race preference treatment for POC.
I have a case. When I was just a couple of years out of college, the manager’s job of the department in which I was working opened up, and I and a black girl applied. I had been working there longer, and my academic record (important when you’re just two years out of college) was far superior.

The director selected the black girl and admitted to me that I would have been her first choice but that she was under pressure to give the job to a black (and warned me she would deny the conversation). If I were to extrapolate the 15% raise it would have entailed, and apply that starting point to the rest of my career, my earnings would have been about $200,000 or $300,000 more.

But I did pretty well for myself regardless and enjoy an upper-middle class lifestyle.

I have a case. When I was just a couple of years out of college, the manager’s job of the department in which I was working opened up, and I and a black girl applied. I had been working there longer, and my academic record (important when you’re just two years out of college) was far superior.

The director selected the black girl and admitted to me that I would have been her first choice but that she was under pressure to give the job to a black (and warned me she would deny the conversation). If I were to extrapolate the 15% raise it would have entailed, and apply that starting point to the rest of my career, my earnings would have been about $200,000 or $300,000 more.

But I did pretty well for myself regardless and enjoy an upper-middle class lifestyle.
I don't believe you.

Forum List

Back