British codebreaker, castrated for being a homosexual, receives pardon

The pardon is long overdue but in the long run is meaningless. The world lost a truly great mind when Alan died. The stigma of homosexuality needs to be expunged from the world as it has nothing whatsoever to do with morality.

Yeah it's a shame that a mental giant had no idea of what estrogen shots would do to his body but he had a pretty good idea of what would happen if he ate a cyanide laced apple. The man was a mess and a security risk. Too bad all around. Now let's talk about English atrocities in Ireland.

Yeah it's a shame that a mental giant had no idea of what estrogen shots would do to his body but he had a pretty good idea of what would happen if he ate a cyanide laced apple. The man was a mess and a security risk. Too bad all around. Now let's talk about English atrocities in Ireland.

Hmmmm, the mans historical record puts the lie to your statement. However, if you wish to remain an ignorant bigot who am I to try and change your mind. Someday, when you grow up, you'll see the error in your thinking.

Hmmmm, the mans historical record puts the lie to your statement. However, if you wish to remain an ignorant bigot who am I to try and change your mind. Someday, when you grow up, you'll see the error in your thinking.

The man's historical record vindicates my statement. He was a freaking brilliant doctor of mathematics but he couldn't figure out or didn't have the ability or will to figure out what estrogen shots would do to his body. At the peak of the cold war the dumb ass couldn't understand that he was a security risk because he didn't have the will or the understanding to be discrete about his sexual encounters even after he worked in the security arena.

The man's historical record vindicates my statement. He was a freaking brilliant doctor of mathematics but he couldn't figure out or didn't have the ability or will to figure out what estrogen shots would do to his body. At the peak of the cold war the dumb ass couldn't understand that he was a security risk because he didn't have the will or the understanding to be discrete about his sexual encounters even after he worked in the security arena.

Really? Explain how he gave all of our secrets to the Nazi's. Truly, you are turning into a first class loon. Funnily enough those who really DID give our secrets to the Soviets were good old heterosexuals. Just like you I assume.

This was one of most effect, perhaps the most, significant factor in nullifying the German U-boats. If you're unfamiliar with what the U-boats were doing to the British Navy it might be worth looking up. Very few people in WWII saved more lives than Alan Turing.

Alan Turing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On 4 September 1939, the day after the UK declared war on Germany, Turing reported to Bletchley Park, the wartime station of GC&CS.[45] Specifying the bombe was the first of five major cryptanalytical advances that Turing made during the war. The others were: deducing the indicator procedure used by the German navy; developing a statistical procedure for making much more efficient use of the bombes dubbed Banburismus; developing a procedure for working out the cam settings of the wheels of the Lorenz SZ 40/42 (Tunny) dubbed Turingery and, towards the end of the war, the development of a portable secure voice scrambler at Hanslope Park that was codenamed Delilah.

He was more than just a code breaker..which by the way..saved thousands, perhaps, millions of lives.

He was the father of the modern computer.

A founding father of modern computer science.

I think we would have survived as a civilization if this kid (A. Turing) was dumb and straight, there is a tide to history. Homosexuality didn't win WWII after all, a bunch of straight kids with guns did. Too bad about Turing, I feel bad for him.

A lot of those straight kids stayed alive because of Turing's work. That was the point.

Really? Explain how he gave all of our secrets to the Nazi's. Truly, you are turning into a first class loon. Funnily enough those who really DID give our secrets to the Soviets were good old heterosexuals. Just like you I assume.

You seem to be aware that he was considered to be a security risk during the cold war and you must know that the Nazis did not have the capability of espionage blackmail that the Russians had. You must be a first class loon if you think the sexual orientation of KGB agents had anything to do with the potential blackmail of a British spy. Get real and lose your emotional loyalty to sodomy. The guy was a doctorate mathematical genius and he should have been aware of what estrogen injections would do to his body and he should have been discrete enough to keep it in his pants like many of the Brit elite.

You seem to be aware that he was considered to be a security risk during the cold war and you must know that the Nazis did not have the capability of espionage blackmail that the Russians had. You must be a first class loon if you think the sexual orientation of KGB agents had anything to do with the potential blackmail of a British spy. Get real and lose your emotional loyalty to sodomy. The guy was a doctorate mathematical genius and he should have been aware of what estrogen injections would do to his body and he should have been discrete enough to keep it in his pants like many of the Brit elite.

I am well aware of all of that. Except the NAZI's supposedly not being able to do blackmail. For some reason I find that assertion laughable. However, you haven't refuted the fact that it was good old heterosexuals that quite handily gave away the British and American secrets to the Soviets. Funny how you just gloss over that.

That makes you a

th

I think we would have survived as a civilization if this kid (A. Turing) was dumb and straight, there is a tide to history. Homosexuality didn't win WWII after all, a bunch of straight kids with guns did. Too bad about Turing, I feel bad for him.
He certainly saved more lives than one man with a gun.

Funny how conservatives will say gays are a "security risk". But by criminalizing gays, they are the ones making gays a "security risk".

Forum List

Back