Brilliant Biblical Scholar Claims God Compelled Putin To Invade Ukraine

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Televangelist Pat Robertson proclaimed that Putin is “being compelled by God” to invade Ukraine — his take on Putin’s motivations is questionable at best, but his support for Putin as part of a divine plan is notable. As things escalate in Ukraine, evangelicals and Republicans alike are faced with a hard choice: How do they support the authoritarian policies of Putin while Ukraine and its evangelical population face the horrors of war?

Whether or not American evangelicals try to distance themselves from Putin in this current news cycle, they have long gravitated toward the Russian president for his hard-line stance against Muslims and, most importantly, his anti-LGBTQ agenda. For members of the religious right, alliances with these leaders present a new frontier in their hope to achieve a theocracy in America."

Robertson brings up an interesting point.....Is Putin called on by God to invade Ukraine in order to create a staging ground for the ultimate attack on Israel?? And we all know that the ultimate attack on Israel is the life's blood of an evangelical Christian...so how could we have ever expected anyone to stop Putin from doing something that God has called him to do?? Or is Robertson's take on this just as batshit crazy as Evangelicals fixation on wanting Israel to be destroyed to bring Jesus back?

Last edited:
I'd mentioned elsewhere around the board, just in passing, that hostility between western secular progessivism and all things Orthodox is centuries old.

With the fall of Communism in the Soviet Union, however, the world witnessed the triumph (yet doomed by its own inevitable failure) of Western secular progressivism and the global triumph of so-called "American 'values'"

That fight will always exist.

Relevant reading...

Last edited:

"Televangelist Pat Robertson proclaimed that Putin is “being compelled by God” to invade Ukraine — his take on Putin’s motivations is questionable at best, but his support for Putin as part of a divine plan is notable. As things escalate in Ukraine, evangelicals and Republicans alike are faced with a hard choice: How do they support the authoritarian policies of Putin while Ukraine and its evangelical population face the horrors of war?

Whether or not American evangelicals try to distance themselves from Putin in this current news cycle, they have long gravitated toward the Russian president for his hard-line stance against Muslims and, most importantly, his anti-LGBTQ agenda. For members of the religious right, alliances with these leaders present a new frontier in their hope to achieve a theocracy in America."

Robertson brings up an interesting point.....Is Putin called on by God to invade Ukraine in order to create a staging ground for the ultimate attack on Israel?? And we all know that the ultimate attack on Israel is the life's blood of an evangelical Christian...so how could we have ever expect anyone to stop Putin from doing something that God has called him to do?? Or is Robertson's take on this just as batshit crazy as Evangelicals fixation on wanting Israel to be destroyed to bring Jesus back?

Putin has his "quirks" no doubt. But he is a Godly defender of traditional values such as having armed snatch squads clear the streets of bummers to protect our marriages. If only we had legends like this in the west. There would be no tranny truth time sessions in our nurseries.

Who listens to these charlatans?

It was Woden and Thor who told Putin to invade. The Norse Pagan gods demand that we kill our enemies or die trying.

Putin is being righteous.

:banana:
Lol @ who listens to these charlatans

Apparently enough of the Republican base listens to "these charlatans" to where it shapes the bulk of the GOP platform....

It's fun to see you folks both embrace pandering to these folks while distancing from them when it gets called out..it's almost like yall are as full of shit as the charlatans

The older these "Christians" get, the crazier they become. Didn't realize it was ole Pat that gave Jim and Tammy Faye their break in televangelism until recently. At the end of every show he gets "visions" and he tells people things like "God is telling me someone with arthritis is going be healed" or "God told me that someone with back trouble will make a complete recovery", with the hope it brings those two groups of people into sending checks.

Putin has his "quirks" no doubt. But he is a Godly defender of traditional values such as having armed snatch squads clear the streets of bummers to protect our marriages. If only we had legends like this in the west. There would be no tranny truth time sessions on our nurseries.
Oh, you're such an adorable little homo. You and I would get along fine (but I am a flaming hetero who is happily married) if you would simply drop your Marxist theft tendencies.

Apparently enough of the Republican base listens to "these charlatans" to where it shapes the bulk of the GOP platform....

It's fun to see you folks both embrace pandering to these folks while distancing from them when it gets called out..it's almost like yall are as full of shit as the charlatans
Now you know why I am no Republican.

The Jesus Nazis of the party are way too powerful.

I would hardly ...LOLOLOLOL call...LOLOLOLOL Anthea.LOLOLOLOL Butler a ....BWAHAHAHAHA Brilliant biblical scholar. The woman is a racist. and an idiot to boot. This is also MSNBC so if you'll pardon me...i don't think i'll take anything out of msnbc seriously..LOLOLOLOLOLOL

In spite of your ignorant tendency to attack this old guy for everything he says....and you leave that moron you put in the white house alone..... what he said that you miss is that God DOES control the course of human events. Now whether God compelled Russia to move on ukraine is not for us to know at this point. But.... events will certainly put all God hating nations in the position to come against Israel at the point God has determined and they will be destroyed into oblivion....and THAT is probably what is bothering you God haters the most. Even satan knows he is going to lose but he wants to take as many of you with him as he can. You're doin' great. Beyond his expectations.

yeah because NC is a republican. :rolleyes:
Stupid bullshit like this is why you cant have an actual discussion on this site.
Everyone is a goddamn moron.

You really dont have to be over defensive mate.. You arent my type based on your simplistic beliefs.
Simplistic?

You're the guy who thinks I owe you a living. It doesn't get more simplistic than that.

If you weren't trying to rob me at the point of a government gun, we'd get on splendidly.

Forum List

Back