Brexit has been a Disaster

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
It didn’t have to be that way. But it has been.

Brexit has been a disaster.

They would notice that every other major economy suffered from the 2008 crash, the pandemic and the Ukraine war. But only the UK hobbled itself with the self-inflicted wound of Brexit.​

As Chris Grey’s invaluable Brexit & Beyondreported:​

“The Office for Budgetary Responsibility’s report that accompanied this week’s Budget statement not only confirmed the stagnation of business investment that started immediately after the referendum, but showed a larger and more long-lasting negative impact than it had initially expected.”​
Meanwhile the Centre for European Reform estimated that the trade barriers and import prices Brexit raised had cost the UK economy 5.5 per cent of GDP by the summer of 2022.​

Also, tariffs, ie “taxes” are a bad idea.

It was bound to be, as anything that's touched by the rightwing and far rightwing always is.

Tainted Tommy has been missing for almost two weeks, now, and in his absence, we've gone that long without his daily creation of the same damn thread over and over and over again, whining about what an ungovernable shithole his country is, and how the UK needs to be ruled over by an unaccountable foreign power because it isn't capable of governing itself.

So, it appears that Mierda de Toro is here to pick up that mantle, on behalf of the one-legged British faggot.

Last edited:
Tainted Tommy has been missing for almost two weeks, now, and in his absence, we've gone that long without his daily creation of the same damn thread over and over and over again, whining about what an ungovernable shithole his country is, and how the UK needs to be ruled over by an unaccountable foreign power because it isn;t capable of governing itself.

So, it appears that Mierda de Toro is here to pick up that mantle, on behalf of the one-legged British faggot.

I was neither for nor against Brexit, and if I were in Britain, I’d vote for the Tories, Bob Bigotlock.

That being said, what was promised by the Brexiteers has not happened. And the UK has been one of the worst performing economies since.

Your mindless tribalism doesn’t change facts, snowflake.

It’s a practical impossibility.

But they can enter a trade agreement. That would mean, however, giving up most of the autonomy Brexit brought. And I can’t see that happening.

What would make it "impossible"? The EU is still accepting new members, no? It isn't a closed society.

The promise of Brexit was supposed to bring a return of Thatcherism (good). Instead, it has brought a return of British Disease (bad).

I doubt the alt-right populist hillbillies have any idea what this is referring to.

I can’t imagine the EU bringing in a partner that might change its mind again in a decade. Brexit has been highly disruptive. Why would the EU want to go through that another time?

The EU is a democracy with a parliament. Why would anyone want to listen to them if they didn't get a say in the legislative process.

The UK is powerful economically, with a lot of oil and other items as well. I don't think that the EU wants to pick a fight if the UK wants to join.

They would notice that every other major economy suffered from the 2008 crash, the pandemic and the Ukraine war. But only the UK hobbled itself with the self-inflicted wound of Brexit.​

Meanwhile the Centre for European Reform estimated that the trade barriers and import prices Brexit raised had cost the UK economy 5.5 per cent of GDP by the summer of 2022.​

LOL

Seemed like a good idea at the time

... I don't think that the EU wants to pick a fight if the UK wants to join.

We will see. New accession negotiations are extremely protracted meanwhile. And the privileges which Great Britain once had are for sure forever lost.

Brexit itself was never defined. It meant different things to different groups.It still isnt fully implemented either.
Keep your eyes on Northern Ireland to see the real mess created.

We will see. New accession negotiations are extremely protracted meanwhile. And the privileges which Great Britain once had are for sure forever lost.

Why would they be "forever" lost? Isn't the admittance of Britain into the EU a benefit for BOTH parties to the transaction? If it wasn't, why would there be any clamoring at all for it?

Forum List

Back