Brexit has been a Disaster

Everyone I talked to said that Brexit was a disaster.

Perhaps you should expand your circle of friends to include those that don't have lifelong subscriptions to "The Guardian".

Diversity Rules!

If the EU ever allows them in again.

Exactly. The souvereign of GB decided in June, 24th, 2016 to leave the European Union. (Btw: I personally saw and see in this referendum only the 50:50 decision of the citizens of GB "We don't have any idea about what's the best to do"). Afterwards GB had 2 years time to leave the EU. She left the EU in January, 31st, 2020 after a long row of nonsense discussions and nonsense "deals" (which were never taken serios).

Brexit itself was never defined.

GB is no member of the EU any longer.

It meant different things to different groups.It still isnt fully implemented either.
Keep your eyes on Northern Ireland to see the real mess created.

By the way: Why not to reunite Ireland and Northern Ireland? The whole situation there is absurde since hundreds of years.

Last edited:
Was in England last week.

Everyone I talked to said that Brexit was a disaster.

But keep showing up Da Establishment! derp derp derp derp
Strange as that is against all other reports .
Particularly strange, given your poor English and unlikely ability to communicate successfully .

It didn’t have to be that way. But it has been.

Brexit has been a disaster.

They would notice that every other major economy suffered from the 2008 crash, the pandemic and the Ukraine war. But only the UK hobbled itself with the self-inflicted wound of Brexit.​

As Chris Grey’s invaluable Brexit & Beyondreported:​

Meanwhile the Centre for European Reform estimated that the trade barriers and import prices Brexit raised had cost the UK economy 5.5 per cent of GDP by the summer of 2022.​

Also, tariffs, ie “taxes” are a bad idea.

Things I've seen recently.

1) Immigration is much higher now than it was before, even under Labour. A lot of people thought "take back control" meant "we're going to have less immigration", what they didn't realize it meant was "the Tories are going to fuck you up the arse, then steal all your money"

2) Albanian crime is huge... they're literally putting ads out to convince Albanian criminals to not go to the UK. I mean, "take back control" and the Albanians are like "I want to go to the UK, so I go, fuck you".

That same EU that will fall apart as their corruption unfolds or the one that Dear Uncle P will help to sink?
Or are they one and the same ?

The same EU that they've been saying since 2002 that the Euro would fail "next year", and every year, WITHOUT FAIL, they say the same bullshit attacking the EU and it still hasn't failed. Hilarious.

Because the EU really wants everyone to see the UK fail. If the UK fails, no one else will dare leave.

No no - no no no no. Most Germans hope for sure for good relations to the United Kingdom and a very good situation in England. GB is for sure not an enemy of the EU and an unstable or desastrous GB would be a nightmare and no one's joy.

It didn’t have to be that way. But it has been.

Brexit has been a disaster.

They would notice that every other major economy suffered from the 2008 crash, the pandemic and the Ukraine war. But only the UK hobbled itself with the self-inflicted wound of Brexit.​

As Chris Grey’s invaluable Brexit & Beyondreported:​

Meanwhile the Centre for European Reform estimated that the trade barriers and import prices Brexit raised had cost the UK economy 5.5 per cent of GDP by the summer of 2022.​

Also, tariffs, ie “taxes” are a bad idea.
If tariffs are such a bad idea, why does the EU use them?

Forum List

Back