Breaking: FDA Halts Johnson & Johnson Vaccine

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
If you were one of those who got the J&J vaccine, please return it for a full refund.

"A White House spokesman referred CNBC to HHS when asked for comment.

All six cases occurred in women between the ages of 18 and 48, with symptoms developing six to 13 days after they received the shot. Doctors typically treat that type of blood clot with heparin but health regulators noted that could be dangerous in this case and recommended a different treatment.

J&J said in a statement that “no clear causal relationship” has been identified between the blood clots and the vaccine, adding it is working closely with regulators to assess the data.

People who receive the vaccine and “develop severe headache, abdominal pain, leg pain, or shortness of breath within three weeks after vaccination should contact their health care provider,” the FDA and CDC said.

Shares of J&J were down more than 3% in premarket trading Tuesday.

The CDC will convene a meeting of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices on Wednesday to further review the cases, federal health regulators said Tuesday. The FDA is also investigating the cases. "

FDA halts use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine due to rare blood clotting issues in six women

6 cases out of 7 million doses given? Doesn't seem high, unless you were one of the six, I suppose...

They need trials of those who take the vaccine and those who don't, to compare blood clot cases....

Are they Americans? What ethnicity are their genomes?
All the ones who had this in Europe from AstraZeneca were not Americans -------- we do know they are all or predominantly younger women. Hormones? Birth control pills?

I'm hoping them stopping the J&J vaccine on an emergency basis puts paid to the required vaccine or "vaccine passport" totalitarian idea.

They'll fear people will rebel.

Note that the Michigan governor, who has learned the hard way not to lockdown the whole state stupidly, just can't win. At the very same time she is appealing to the prez to "surge" vaccines to Michigan, the CDC AND the U.S. Dept. of Health just this morning came out saying to stop, "pause," the J&J vaccine.

And in a formal reply to Whitmer yesterday, the CDC said that vaccines were not the answer in Michigan, but rather to lock down more severely. This because they already knew they had to "pause" the J&J, but no one had told Whitmer, obviously, or she wouldn't have been pleading for more vaccine and look like more of a fool than ever now.

This must also be why the Baltimore facility now making only J&J by J&J employees under two-week-old emergency decree because those Baltimore types earlier just threw everything in the pot together, has developed a sudden magic problem with manufacturing anything at all. This is why they keep saying they can't make their quota to ship out ---- my guess is that the health doc politicians realized in the meantime that the J&J has the same clotting problem as AstraZeneca, or worse, God forbid, so they shut it down while doing some fast and furious investigation of the situation.

Last edited:
I'm out. No vaccine for me until they get this situation stabilized. Where are you Rigby5 and cohorts Badger2 and Donald H? I've decided you were right all along: we should have gone with normal human population immunity the hard way ---- enough people getting it to be immune all around. That IS how humans evolved to survive viral attack. Focusing on treatment, not vaccines too fast to be safe. Note that just like masks not working, the vaccine and testing thing isn't working either: we've got another surge working. Michigan is today up to the totals they had during the worst of the winter surge. Despite masks. Despite vaccines. Despite long lines of totally pointless testing. Despite crippling lockdowns and school closings and ruining peoples' lives. Government is WORSE than the COVID disease. And nothing seems to stop COVID, anyway.

It's the new variants causing the surges, of course. That's what the CDC said yesterday, re Michigan. Mostly they so far seem to be more contagious but the same severity or if anything less virulent, and that is the usual development among diseases that attack humans. It works better for their reproduction, which is all anything alive really cares about, after all.

Last edited:
Had the JJ vaccine 4/2/21 so far so good. No side affects. Back years ago I got side effects from the swine flu shot. Me and President Ford and a lot of others. . It made me shy of taking even a regular flu shot over the years. I took this one because I had the COVID Virus. And it is some thing I no longer want to go through again. If I do get side effects I will post about it .

I'm out. No vaccine for me until they get this situation stabilized. Where are you Rigby5 and cohorts Badger2 and Donald H? I've decided you were right all along: we should have gone with normal human population immunity the hard way ---- enough people getting it to be immune all around. That IS how humans evolved to survive viral attack. Focusing on treatment, not vaccines too fast to be safe. Note that just like masks not working, the vaccine and testing thing isn't working either: we've got another surge working. Michigan is today up to the totals they had during the worst of the winter surge. Despite masks. Despite vaccines. Despite long lines of totally pointless testing. Despite crippling lockdowns and school closings and ruining peoples' lives. Government is WORSE than the COVID disease. And nothing seems to stop COVID, anyway.

It's the new variants causing the surges, of course. That's what the CDC said yesterday, re Michigan. Mostly they so far seem to be more contagious but the same severity or if anything less virulent, and that is the usual development among diseases that attack humans. It works better for their reproduction, which is all anything alive really cares about, after all.

If not for herd immunity, the common cold would be deadly today.

6 cases out of 7 million doses given? Doesn't seem high, unless you were one of the six, I suppose...

They need trials of those who take the vaccine and those who don't, to compare blood clot cases....
hun, that is 6 that have reported it since its release which is what a couple of months. Stand back---a bunch of other cases are about to be "found." I fear what happens when the fall winter comes this year and the virus returns in full force unweakened by the sun....My brother was also one of those who got this vaccine---his lib college employer required it for him and alot of other staff----we are going to see how many of them die in the next year now aren't we. Geezus what a mess---

If not for herd immunity, the common cold would be deadly today.
Not necessarily. Diseases don't usually get worse, but they sure can. Smallpox constantly varied for thousands of years from badly high mortality to amazingly high mortality.

The common cold is an example of a mild disease germ that co-exists with us forever and ever. It's not good for us, but the virus doesn't care, of course. They farm us, like we do sheep.

Forum List

Back