Breaking: DeSantis Floats Having Biden Struck Off the Ballot in Florida

So long as U.S. Constitutional requirements are met, each state can set its own election criteria. That is done via a vote by the legislature and signature by the governor.

So, then if the laws of the state are being followed there is no harm in someone not being put on the ballot, correct?

In any event, DeSantis isn't going to go the same route that the democrats are. I think he's right, the SCOTUS will shit-can this nonsense and will basically say you can't use the 14th Amendment to circumvent the voters' choice without a conviction of insurrection or rebellion. Personally, I've never been a fan of tit-for-tat, we can be just as dishonest and unscrupulous as they are. If enough Americans do not see the utter hypocrisy of the Left and vote against them, well then I guess we'll get the gov't we deserve. Sorry Kaz, victory at any cost doesn't work for me.

However, the Florida GOP governor said the act by Bellows was not an appropriate interpretation of the 14th Amendment and would ultimately be reversed by the Supreme Court.

“Well, obviously, to have one executive branch official unilaterally striking someone off the ballot is not an appropriate interpretation of the 14th Amendment,” he said. “We could have — in Florida, what, are we going to have Biden struck off the ballot because he’s allowed an invasion of 8 million people, including enemy nations have sent people in? This could just be — end up being a tit-for-tat. So I think it’ll get reversed by the U.S. Supreme Court. I think it’s more of a stunt that you have a very liberal person in that position who’s just trying to play for cheap clicks.”

“But, ultimately, I don’t think it’s grounded in a proper interpretation of the Constitution,” DeSantis added.
The 14th amendment has no requirement for a conviction. SCOTUS would have to invent requirements not listed. Moreover, requiring convictions would be a weird. It’s never been required when it was used before. Not even Jefferson Davis was convicted.

It just doesn’t make that much sense to require a conviction.

Which is why there is an appeal process.
Not in the mood for your games GG. You'll keep this up all day I know. I answered your questions honestly and completely and supported my positions with credible links. That will never be good enough for you I think so just have a pleasant afternoon okay?

Not in the mood for your games GG. You'll keep this up all day I know. I answered your questions honestly and completely and supported my positions with credible links. That will never be good enough for you I think so just have a pleasant afternoon okay?

I am not sure sure what caused you to melt like this. Whether the law is reinterpreted or used incorrectly to keep a political opponent off the ballot is a matter of opinion that will ultimately be decided by the courts. You say it was, the other side says it is not.

Personally, I will wait for the courts to rule as I do not have a dog in the hunt.

Stating what are most likely facts is somehow refusing to fight back? Wow you read a lot of judgment into something that was said and also not said.

If I have to take the side that is wrong on the facts and reasoning in order to be approved in your eyes, I'll just have to be disapproved. EVERYBODY, including Biden, who qualifies for being on the ballot should be on the ballot. End of story.

Nobody should be judged guilty of anything just because somebody wants him/her to be guilty. End of story.

Doing what is unconstitutional, unethical, destructive, wrong because that's what the other side does is not fighting back. It is copy cat evil. It will only make things worse and or bring everything down. End of story.
They are fighting fascism with fascism FF

and look at all the brownshirts applauding it!

they've no clue what's at stake.......~S~

The 14th amendment has no requirement for a conviction. SCOTUS would have to invent requirements not listed. Moreover, requiring convictions would be a weird. It’s never been required when it was used before. Not even Jefferson Davis was convicted.

Isn't that exactly how 3rd world nations assume political prisoners Marener?

~S~

They are fighting fascism with fascism FF

and look at all the brownshirts applauding it!

they've no clue what's at stake.......~S~
That is so bitterly engraved in granite throughout human history. Movements intended to defeat oppressive government and restore liberties all too often devolve into worse devils than the one they fought. We saw it in Germany with Hitler. We saw it in Russia with Lenin. We saw it in China with Mao.

And I guarantee you our friends who are supporting the silent coup now slowly but surely taking over our government won't like the results of that any better should the neo-Marxists succeed.

Thank you, from the free State of Florida ...

LOL, bodecea has that bad ass Trumpatar, steals his content. She's hooked. That's why Trump's going to kick all you all's asses. You want to look away, but you can't .... I bet she's not even gay now, Trump fixed that too

All those members of the Confederacy including Jefferson Davis fought an armed rebellion against the US Gov't, it WAS literally a rebellion and it would have been pointless to debate otherwise. Rebellion, not Insurrection. There was no question that a rebellion occurred and those who fought in the Civil War were obviously guilty of that. They were not engaged in an effort to overthrow the US Gov't, they wanted to secede from the Union and form their own gov't. I know of no case where anyone was denied the right to run for office under the 14th Amendment for insurrection.

Since no one has ever been convicted of insurrection on Jan 6th, how does one legally declare an insurrection ever took place? Just cuz you and other Lefties say so? One does not assume an insurrection took unless somebody is indicted and convicted of that crime. To date, that has not happened and so legally there was no insurrection. And BTW Trump has not even been indicted for insurrection, yet people like you want to assume that he was guilty and should be denied his civil rights with no due process. That stinks dude.

You don't need conviction to impeach and prosecute the case in the Senate.
No. You need the a house to impeach. You need 2/3rds of the senate to convict. But no Democrap Senator will vote to convict, you moron.

Do try to follow along.
There is no serious case however, just round-about bullshit to feed dupes like you.
There is a damn serious case to justify the impeachment investigation. You dimwit.

All those members of the Confederacy including Jefferson Davis fought an armed rebellion against the US Gov't, it WAS literally a rebellion and it would have been pointless to debate otherwise. Rebellion, not Insurrection. There was no question that a rebellion occurred and those who fought in the Civil War were obviously guilty of that. They were not engaged in an effort to overthrow the US Gov't, they wanted to secede from the Union and form their own gov't. I know of no case where anyone was denied the right to run for office under the 14th Amendment for insurrection.

Since no one has ever been convicted of insurrection on Jan 6th, how does one legally declare an insurrection ever took place? Just cuz you and other Lefties say so? One does not assume an insurrection took unless somebody is indicted and convicted of that crime. To date, that has not happened and so legally there was no insurrection. And BTW Trump has not even been indicted for insurrection, yet people like you want to assume that he was guilty and should be denied his civil rights with no due process. That stinks dude.
Rebellion and insurrection aren't exactly two different things. They're so synonymous, that the criminal code basically uses them together.

This is why it's pretty obvious that the 14th amendment doesn't need criminal convictions to disqualify for office. Saying they're "obviously guilty" isn't the same as being guilty.

I think every state should start engaging in removing candidates from the ballot to show what a mockery the Democrats have started. Trump has been in their heads every day since January 2021. Democrats are afraid they can’t win on ideas so they try multiple indictments and when that doesn’t work, they revert to ballot removal.

Democrats won't let us impeach Biden.
All you need is a majority in the House, which Republicans have.
No. You need the a house to impeach.

jiFfM.jpg

This guy claims to be a lawyer.

Yes, really.

Print enough mail-in votes and Biden could win Iran.
True

However, Florida is not controlled by Democrats. After the 2000 election Florida got its act together with ballots. We have mail in ballots but they are controlled.

However, I would not put it past the Democrats to try to get away with fraud if they thought they could pull it off.

Good for DeSantis. He needs to have the State Legislators pass a decree whereas Biden has not performed his sworn oath to protect this country from the border invasion and direct the SOS to delete him from the ballot.

Punishing Biden who did nothing, is typical.

Forum List

Back