Boycott the Pope's Visit to USA

Is that a bad thing to you Jeremiah, observing the 7th day?

When I was a teen working in retail, in my State, all retail was closed on Sundays....then when they finally passed a law to open 5 hours on Sunday, they had to pay us employees having to work Sundays, time and a half...for the 5 hours....

once Sundays were A-ok for people to work, it eventually became 24 hours being opened if a store wished and ALL HOLIDAYS now, retail employees have to work....

that's life in the world of Mamon, I guess....

No, I rest on Sunday and do not work. But I'm not under the law. If I need to go to the store and buy some groceries I go to the store. This Pope wants to shut the world down on Sunday and force everyone to observe Sunday whether they want to or not. Do you think that is fair? I don't. Jesus Christ never forced his will upon anyone. This man is a power hungry wolf who is already showing his true colors if you will pay attention to what he is up to. People had better wake up!

He is trying to force his Sunday Law on Israel! They are Jews and observe Saturday as their Sabbath! He has some nerve! Where's Rosie? She'll tell you. The man has no right to dictate to the world what they must do on Sunday - he has no right to enforce ANY LAWS. He's acting as a Dictator from behind the scenes. Just wait until he comes out with it all the way.
Jeremiah, may I be honest with you? I think you are off your rocker on this and your obsession with the Pope.

He can't force anyone to do this....if they agree and do it, it is of their own free will....the Pope controls nothing but the Vatican...Italy is it's own country....

he can request all he wants, he does not rule though...the Italians rule their own country, with their own government.

the pope has a huge influence on hundreds of millions of people

Which is what makes him so dangerous, Rosie. It is not as much influence as they are using mind control. The discussion about mind control was mentioned on SBN Frances and Friends concerning what the Roman Vatican is involved in and how deceitful they are in their methods. There was a Christian on their discussion panel who said he met with a Military person who told him that within 3 days he could use certain methods to control his mind that he would be completely brainwashed and submitting to him. Within 3 days. That is why the people of the world should not listen to this Pope, they should not have anything to do with him. He is a very evil man and the history of Catholicism has already taught us they are capable of anything including mass murder. They murdered 58 million people over a period of 605 years of Inquisitions. This is a very bloody religion that cannot be trusted. I count it more dangerous than Islam and that is saying something.

The reason fundamentalist types can't stand the Pope is because he carries real moral authority, his message crosses all kinds of lines, cultural, political, economic and religious. The Pope's primary messages of Christianity are one's of caring for the people who need help most, the poor, the sick, homeless, ordinary working people struggling to survive, victims of war and oppression. Unlike your superficial philosophy, the Pope's message is one of inclusion, not exclusion. He's more concerned about how we live our live's here on earth than what we say we believe.......because that's how you get to heaven. The Pope is concerned about the state of humanity now, while fundamentalists are preoccupied with rapture dogma and armageddon.

he's pandering

No, I rest on Sunday and do not work. But I'm not under the law. If I need to go to the store and buy some groceries I go to the store. This Pope wants to shut the world down on Sunday and force everyone to observe Sunday whether they want to or not. Do you think that is fair? I don't. Jesus Christ never forced his will upon anyone. This man is a power hungry wolf who is already showing his true colors if you will pay attention to what he is up to. People had better wake up!

He is trying to force his Sunday Law on Israel! They are Jews and observe Saturday as their Sabbath! He has some nerve! Where's Rosie? She'll tell you. The man has no right to dictate to the world what they must do on Sunday - he has no right to enforce ANY LAWS. He's acting as a Dictator from behind the scenes. Just wait until he comes out with it all the way.
Jeremiah, may I be honest with you? I think you are off your rocker on this and your obsession with the Pope.

He can't force anyone to do this....if they agree and do it, it is of their own free will....the Pope controls nothing but the Vatican...Italy is it's own country....

he can request all he wants, he does not rule though...the Italians rule their own country, with their own government.

Which is what makes him so dangerous, Rosie. It is not as much influence as they are using mind control. The discussion about mind control was mentioned on SBN Frances and Friends concerning what the Roman Vatican is involved in and how deceitful they are in their methods. There was a Christian on their discussion panel who said he met with a Military person who told him that within 3 days he could use certain methods to control his mind that he would be completely brainwashed and submitting to him. Within 3 days. That is why the people of the world should not listen to this Pope, they should not have anything to do with him. He is a very evil man and the history of Catholicism has already taught us they are capable of anything including mass murder. They murdered 58 million people over a period of 605 years of Inquisitions. This is a very bloody religion that cannot be trusted. I count it more dangerous than Islam and that is saying something.

The reason fundamentalist types can't stand the Pope is because he carries real moral authority, his message crosses all kinds of lines, cultural, political, economic and religious. The Pope's primary messages of Christianity are one's of caring for the people who need help most, the poor, the sick, homeless, ordinary working people struggling to survive, victims of war and oppression. Unlike your superficial philosophy, the Pope's message is one of inclusion, not exclusion. He's more concerned about how we live our live's here on earth than what we say we believe.......because that's how you get to heaven. The Pope is concerned about the state of humanity now, while fundamentalists are preoccupied with rapture dogma and armageddon.

he's pandering
You have no opinions about anything that should matter to anyone.

he's pandering

that is your opinion------and it's idiotic

When I was a teen working in retail, in my State, all retail was closed on Sundays....then when they finally passed a law to open 5 hours on Sunday, they had to pay us employees having to work Sundays, time and a half...for the 5 hours....

once Sundays were A-ok for people to work, it eventually became 24 hours being opened if a store wished and ALL HOLIDAYS now, retail employees have to work....

ya think so, huh? The pope and vatican can't even control their own bishops or priests in this Nation of ours from differing with them, let alone parishioners...

he's pandering

If you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be about twice as smart as I think you are.

ya think so, huh? The pope and vatican can't even control their own bishops or priests in this Nation of ours from differing with them, let alone parishioners...

your response is babyish. INFLUENCE

he's pandering

If you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be about twice as smart as I think you are.

nah nan nah nah nah

he's pandering

I doubt it. Her intelligence does not hinge on your opinions. She is brilliant. Trust me. I know.

i'm certain you know best rosie...

Outrageous Claims Made For The Pope!

Not only are outlandish claims, such as those above, made regarding the authority of the pope, but he is addressed by various terms (Supreme Pontiff, Holy Father, etc.) which belong only to God. No such terms were given to a mere man in the holy Scriptures. The term "Holy Father" is used only once in God's word. It is used by Jesus in John 17:11 as He prayed to God the Father. For a mere man to assume the authority and titles which belong only to God, is surely the height of arrogance and blasphemy. If not, why not?

1. The New York Catholic Catechism, under: Pope, says, "The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth...by divine right the pope has supreme and full power in faith and morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true Vicar of Christ, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by one, God himself on earth."
  2. In his encyclical, "The Reunion of Christendom" (1885), Pope Leo XIII stated that the pope holds "upon this earth the place of God Almighty."
  3. The Council of Trent declared: "Sitting in that chair in which Peter, the Prince of the Apostles, sat to the close of life, the Catholic Church recognizes in his person the most exalted degree of dignity, and the full jurisdiction not based on constitutions, but emanating from no less authority than from God Himself. As the Successor of St. Peter and the true and legitimate Vicar of Jesus Christ, he therefore, presides over the Universal Church, the Father and Governor of all the faithful, of Bishops, also and of all other prelates, be their station, rant, or power, what they may be."
  4. The Catholic book, "My Catholic Faith" which is based on the Baltimore Catechism, on page 251, says, "The Pope can make and unmake laws for the entire Church; his authority is supreme and unquestioned. Every bishop, every priest, every member of the Church is subject to him."
By David J. Riggs
Irrefutable questions that Roman Catholics can't answer
there is no such thing as the "new york catholic catechism"
where do you find this stuff?

you are learning, my son

he's pandering

nah nan nah nah nah

You've got it now! That didn't take too long.

Well, you all have a nice afternoon. I have to go pray for rain.

he's pandering

I doubt it. Her intelligence does not hinge on your opinions. She is brilliant. Trust me. I know.
Really? How do you know? You been hittin' that on the side? Does she cry out for Jesus when you put it to her?

Fourthly, the Catholic claim of giving the Bible to the world cannot be true because they have not been the sole possessor of the Bible at any time.

Some of the most valuable Greek Bibles and Versions have been handed down to us from non-Roman Catholic sources.

A notable example of this is the Codex Sinaiticus which was found in the monastery of St. Catherine (of the Greek Orthodox Church) at Mount Sinai in 1844 and is now in the British Museum. It contains all of the books of the New Testament and all but small portions of the Old Testament.

Scholars are certain that this manuscript was made early in the fourth century, not later than 350 A.D. This manuscript found by a German scholar named, Tishendorf, who was a Protestant, and this manuscript which is the most complete of all has never been in the hands of the Roman Catholic Church.

Another valuable manuscript that has never been possessed by the Roman Catholic Church is the Codex Alexandrianus. It, too, is now on exhibit in the manuscript room of the British Museum in London.

It was a gift from the Patriarch of Constantinople (of the Greek Orthodox Church) to Charles I in 1628. It had been in possession of the Patriarchs for centuries and originally came from Alexandria, Egypt from which it gets its name. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was also made in the fourth century and, along with the Codex Sinaiticus, is thought to be one of the fifty Greek Bibles commissioned to be copied by Constantine.

In the light of the foregoing, the boastful claim of the Roman Catholic Church that it has been the sole guardian and preserver of the sacred Scriptures down to the present, is nothing but pure falsehood.

The Bible is not a Catholic book.

Catholics did not write it, nor does their doctrines and church meet the description of the doctrine and church of which it speaks.

The New Testament was completed before the end of the first century, A.D.

The things in it do not correspond to the Catholic Church which hundreds of years after the death of the apostles slowly evolved into what it now is.

The Catholic Church is not the original and true church, but a "church" born of many departures and corruptions from the New Testament church.

Even if the Catholic Church could prove that it alone is the sole deliverer of the Scriptures to man today, it still remains that the Catholic Church is not following the Bible and is contrary to the Bible. Furthermore, even if the Catholic Church could show conclusively that it alone is responsible for gathering the books, it does not prove that the Catholic Church is infallible, nor does it prove that it is the author of the Bible. God has at times used evil agencies to accomplish His purpose (Jer. 27:6-8; 43:10; Hab. 1:5-11; John 11:49-52).

The Catholic Church did not Give the world The Bible!
Aretha Franklin is singing for the Pope right now. I'll bet you fundamentalist assholes wish you could get entertainment that good for your parties.

Fourthly, the Catholic claim of giving the Bible to the world cannot be true because they have not been the sole possessor of the Bible at any time.

Some of the most valuable Greek Bibles and Versions have been handed down to us from non-Roman Catholic sources.

A notable example of this is the Codex Sinaiticus which was found in the monastery of St. Catherine (of the Greek Orthodox Church) at Mount Sinai in 1844 and is now in the British Museum. It contains all of the books of the New Testament and all but small portions of the Old Testament.

Scholars are certain that this manuscript was made early in the fourth century, not later than 350 A.D. This manuscript found by a German scholar named, Tishendorf, who was a Protestant, and this manuscript which is the most complete of all has never been in the hands of the Roman Catholic Church.

Another valuable manuscript that has never been possessed by the Roman Catholic Church is the Codex Alexandrianus. It, too, is now on exhibit in the manuscript room of the British Museum in London.

It was a gift from the Patriarch of Constantinople (of the Greek Orthodox Church) to Charles I in 1628. It had been in possession of the Patriarchs for centuries and originally came from Alexandria, Egypt from which it gets its name. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was also made in the fourth century and, along with the Codex Sinaiticus, is thought to be one of the fifty Greek Bibles commissioned to be copied by Constantine.

In the light of the foregoing, the boastful claim of the Roman Catholic Church that it has been the sole guardian and preserver of the sacred Scriptures down to the present, is nothing but pure falsehood.

Catholics did not write it, nor does their doctrines and church meet the description of the doctrine and church of which it speaks.

The things in it do not correspond to the Catholic Church which hundreds of years after the death of the apostles slowly evolved into what it now is.

The Catholic Church is not the original and true church, but a "church" born of many departures and corruptions from the New Testament church.

Even if the Catholic Church could prove that it alone is the sole deliverer of the Scriptures to man today, it still remains that the Catholic Church is not following the Bible and is contrary to the Bible. Furthermore, even if the Catholic Church could show conclusively that it alone is responsible for gathering the books, it does not prove that the Catholic Church is infallible, nor does it prove that it is the author of the Bible. God has at times used evil agencies to accomplish His purpose (Jer. 27:6-8; 43:10; Hab. 1:5-11; John 11:49-52).

Aretha Franklin is singing for the Pope right now. I'll bet you fundamentalist assholes wish you could get entertainment that good for your parties.

Why the hostility? It makes as much sense as the hostility toward the Pope.

Why the hostility? It makes as much sense as the hostility toward the Pope.
Looks like no one was listening to his fucked up prayers.

Couldn't be, Aretha Franklin died 7 years ago.

Couldn't be, Aretha Franklin died 7 years ago.
Have you ever said anything that made any sense to anyone?

Forum List

Back