Boy forced to change name because of bullying.....................

Leftists gonna be dicks. They are intolerant shit bags and as James Hetfield said after moving from Marin county to Colorado, they love tolerance there as long as it's their kind of tolerance.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that a person's last name can be changed until they are 18 years old. One of my best friends when I was growing up wanted to change her last name so that she had the last name that the rest of her family had, her parents never married and her dad's last name was put with her first name, and she was eventually told that she couldn't change her last name until she was 18.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. That was back in the mid 1990's.

Would he have been teased if his name was Obama?

Next attack musical instruments. We don't need trumpets or trumpet players. Call them yellow things that make noise.

You know, there are idiots on both sides of the fence, and we need to stop crap like this now, or it will tear our country apart.

And, while I may not agree with how Trump is running the country, I don't hold anyone else responsible for how he's running this country other than the people who are actually doing it.

You shouldn't take out your anger on some poor 11 year old kid just because his last name is Trump. Crap like this has to stop people!

https://nypost.com/2018/12/12/they-call-him-stupid-boy-drops-trump-name-due-to-bullying/

The parents of Joshua Trump, a student at Talley Middle School in Wilmington, claim their son started getting teased by classmates when Donald Trump first announced plans to run for the White House in June 2015.

Even after a year of homeschooling, the bullying has risen to such aggressive and troubling levels since Joshua Trump’s return to the classroom that officials in the Brandywine School District have agreed to let him use his father’s surname instead, WPVI reports.

“He was getting ridiculed and bullied for the fact that his last name was Trump,” father Bobby Berto told the station. “I pulled him out of school and homeschooled him for a year.”

Joshua’s parents had assumed that the bullying would subside as their son moved into middle school, but those hopes were soon dashed, they said.

“They curse at him, they call him an idiot, they call him stupid,” the boy’s mother, Megan Trump, told WPVI.
/---/ It's how liberals roll. And remember you can't spell democrat without RAT.

Wow......................most of you on this board consider me to be a "looney liberal", but I am here bringing attention to problems, even when the side you consider me to be on goes nuts and gets stupid. I don't think this behavior is acceptable, no matter WHO is doing it.

And, Cellblock, this post shows that you aren't interested in solutions or fixing the problem. You appear to just want to throw more gas on the fire.

I'm saying that there are serious problems here folks, and BOTH sides need to rein in the demagoguery and hatred, or our country is gonna go south fast.

Yea....you’re such a “centrist” for being against bullying someone over their name.

Every now and again a bullied kid brings an equalizer to school and permanently ends the bulling. Against him/her self and all others who have been victims of the little bastard. It needs to happen more often if we are to ever have a civil society.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that a person's last name can be changed until they are 18 years old. One of my best friends when I was growing up wanted to change her last name so that she had the last name that the rest of her family had, her parents never married and her dad's last name was put with her first name, and she was eventually told that she couldn't change her last name until she was 18.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. That was back in the mid 1990's.

Yes, you are incorrect. :D

they need to stop this in the younger grades
however, schools are different
I went to a Catholic school and the Pastor was the principal --if you got out of line, he would literally grab you/push you around/smack you
the 4th grade nun had a wooden paddle
my relative works at a school
....she says the principal does not do any disciplining --so when they get into the older grades, they'll just be worse
...you've got to discipline the kids--and you have to document any time a kid gets out of hand
Agreed, harmonica! The solution belongs with the parents of the bullies. This is not a political issue...bullies will ALWAYS find something to bully about. This boy's name is just their handy excuse. As for the school's lack of discipline, you know they no longer have rules with teeth. They cannot effectively enforce discipline as they once could. They no longer have the backing of parents as they once did. And that is our fault, not the school's. We can't blame them when we do not object to hamstringing their ability to keep order on the premises. We do have a voice, if only we use it at board meetings.

I went to a Catholic school and the Pastor was the principal --if you got out of line, he would literally grab you/push you around/smack you
....she says the principal does not do any disciplining --so when they get into the older grades, they'll just be worse
...you've got to discipline the kids--and you have to document any time a kid gets out of hand
Agreed, harmonica! The solution belongs with the parents of the bullies. This is not a political issue...bullies will ALWAYS find something to bully about. This boy's name is just their handy excuse. As for the school's lack of discipline, you know they no longer have rules with teeth. They cannot effectively enforce discipline as they once could. They no longer have the backing of parents as they once did. And that is our fault, not the school's. We can't blame them when we do not object to hamstringing their ability to keep order on the premises. We do have a voice, if only we use it at board meetings.
I dealt with parents as I was a coach for different sports
....some parents would back me up for discipline --others would think their child would never be bad
...some little brat did not heed my directions while batting one time, and after I ''scolded'' her, the parents were jackasses

....now, ''some'' kids are brats and cause trouble, but if the school so much as tells the parents, the parents want to sue the school--for their kid being a jackass

....some parents would back me up for discipline --others would think their child would never be bad
...some little brat did not heed my directions while batting one time, and after I ''scolded'' her, the parents were jackasses
We had an incident in my area that still has my blood boiling. There was an important State test that affected the school's status, about 15 years back when my granddaughter was in school. All the 4th graders participated, and in one class there was a very disruptive boy. The teacher tried very hard to just keep him from disturbing others and after several tries, just smacked him in frustration. I know, I know..maybe she shouldn't be teaching if she loses it under the pressure she felt. Anyway, the kid's parents raised hell over her touching the boy, so the school board made a deal...she was required to apologize to the kid in front of the class. I went ballistic! I went to the mike and explained that I agreed the teacher shouldn't have smacked the undisciplined brat, she should have smacked his parents! And apologizing to him in front of the class? What does that tell the other kids? That if they act like barbarians they get their little butts kissed? Of course, my rant made no difference, but all this parental low expectation for kid's behavior just galls me. And bullies enrage me.

We had an incident in my area that still has my blood boiling. There was an important State test that affected the school's status, about 15 years back when my granddaughter was in school. All the 4th graders participated, and in one class there was a very disruptive boy. The teacher tried very hard to just keep him from disturbing others and after several tries, just smacked him in frustration. I know, I know..maybe she shouldn't be teaching if she loses it under the pressure she felt. Anyway, the kid's parents raised hell over her touching the boy, so the school board made a deal...she was required to apologize to the kid in front of the class. I went ballistic! I went to the mike and explained that I agreed the teacher shouldn't have smacked the undisciplined brat, she should have smacked his parents! And apologizing to him in front of the class? What does that tell the other kids? That if they act like barbarians they get their little butts kissed? Of course, my rant made no difference, but all this parental low expectation for kid's behavior just galls me. And bullies enrage me.
..as I parent, I always ask the teachers at Parent Teacher night, if my kid is respectful/etc

Growing up I went to a school where a boy was named “Richard Head”. I’m sure he has changed his name by now.

Forum List

Back