Border Protection Commissioner Admits No New Border Wall Miles Built

First, more wall is not being built and second, the number of people getting in is not going down.

So the New York Times is lying?

Under Construction in Texas: The First New Section of Border Wall

Since the NYTimes won't allow me to read their site based upon the headline I'd have to say yes. As this thread notes, there has been NO new walls built. Only replacement.
Some of it new walls......levees...........some of it replacing vehicle barriers.........which guess what...........aren't even a dang fence..............We call them Tiger Polls at work.........lol

They are in prgress of new wall...........and replacing old BS Fences from the promises of the past politicians............more has been spent on it under Trump than under the GRAND FENCE to get Dems elected back in the day.......

Contracts are ongoing.

First, more wall is not being built and second, the number of people getting in is not going down.

Since the NYTimes won't allow me to read their site based upon the headline I'd have to say yes. As this thread notes, there has been NO new walls built. Only replacement.

So since you can't access the NYT story for some reason, the NYT is lying? Yeah, that makes perfect sense. :cuckoo:

Here's I'll make it easy for you. Quoted directly from the article:

Nov. 8, 2019

DONNA, Texas — Two giant construction cranes tower over harvested sugar cane fields, topped by a pair of checkered flags flapping in the wind. At a distance along this flat, rural stretch of the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas, the two structures standing between the cranes resemble forlorn drive-in movie screens.

The twin panels of 18-foot-tall steel beams do not look like much — the only signs indicating it is a construction site warn “Road Closed” and “No Trespassing” — but they were milestones of a sort.

. . .

More than two years ago, the United States Army Corps of Engineers began drilling and taking soil samples along the border, and work has steadily proceeded in the years since, in California, Arizona and New Mexico. But the work until now improved and replaced existing barriers. Construction on the first new section of border wall, where nothing stood previously, started just south of Donna, Texas, in late October.

It began months behind schedule. It will cost about $167 million. And when it is done, this landmark section of the contentious wall project — a symbol of Mr. Trump’s presidency and a flash point for his critics — will extend the hard border with Mexico by just eight miles.

There are hundreds more miles to go.

The government has been racing to meet a deadline — the president’s promise to build approximately 500 miles of border fencing by the end of 2020. According to Customs and Border Protection officials, about $9.8 billion has been set aside in funding from the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security and a Treasury Department asset-forfeiture fund.

“We think we can get it close to 500 miles by the end of next year, depending on certain terrain conditions,” Mr. Trump told reporters in September as he showed off the steel bollards recently erected near San Diego, adding, “We’re building it at breakneck speed.”

Some of it new walls......levees...........some of it replacing vehicle barriers.........which guess what...........aren't even a dang fence..............We call them Tiger Polls at work.........lol

They are in prgress of new wall...........and replacing old BS Fences from the promises of the past politicians............more has been spent on it under Trump than under the GRAND FENCE to get Dems elected back in the day.......

Contracts are ongoing.

So you are saying the border commissioner is lying?

So since you can't access the NYT story for some reason, the NYT is lying? Yeah, that makes perfect sense. :cuckoo:

Here's I'll make it easy for you. Quoted directly from the article:

Nov. 8, 2019

DONNA, Texas — Two giant construction cranes tower over harvested sugar cane fields, topped by a pair of checkered flags flapping in the wind. At a distance along this flat, rural stretch of the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas, the two structures standing between the cranes resemble forlorn drive-in movie screens.

The twin panels of 18-foot-tall steel beams do not look like much — the only signs indicating it is a construction site warn “Road Closed” and “No Trespassing” — but they were milestones of a sort.

. . .

More than two years ago, the United States Army Corps of Engineers began drilling and taking soil samples along the border, and work has steadily proceeded in the years since, in California, Arizona and New Mexico. But the work until now improved and replaced existing barriers. Construction on the first new section of border wall, where nothing stood previously, started just south of Donna, Texas, in late October.

It began months behind schedule. It will cost about $167 million. And when it is done, this landmark section of the contentious wall project — a symbol of Mr. Trump’s presidency and a flash point for his critics — will extend the hard border with Mexico by just eight miles.

There are hundreds more miles to go.

The government has been racing to meet a deadline — the president’s promise to build approximately 500 miles of border fencing by the end of 2020. According to Customs and Border Protection officials, about $9.8 billion has been set aside in funding from the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security and a Treasury Department asset-forfeiture fund.

“We think we can get it close to 500 miles by the end of next year, depending on certain terrain conditions,” Mr. Trump told reporters in September as he showed off the steel bollards recently erected near San Diego, adding, “We’re building it at breakneck speed.”

The border commissioner is lying?

I'm saying that article is misrepresenting the facts, and likely what the border commission official said to the reporter. You can see the construction site pictures in the NYT article. Or hell, just google it for yourself. There are countless articles from the last week discussing the new construction.

Why accept one source as gospel when there's a wealth of information available on the internet. Isn't that the intended purpose of the internet, once dubbed the "information superhighway"?

You are really something else. A world of information at your fingertips clearly showing the new construction, and you refuse to even look at it, taking an op-ed journalist's characterization of a CBP official's statements as gospel. It's right in front of your eyes man -- open them and look.

Contracts are ongoing.

I'm saying I showed multiple articles of contracts from the Border Patrol site..........I've shown replacement miles and new ones.........Levee's in Texas and contracts released recently.........New wall is somewhere between 70 to 100 miles.........done or starting.........Some of the areas of New Wall........were only vehicle barriers..........so you could twist that and say it's REPLACEMENT........But there was no walls there..............

The plan if funding can continue will be about 500 miles of NEW WALL...........which is replacement and new under the plan.............

I'd say the commission is right and wrong........as to how the wording of the question is asked and interpreted.

I've posted links............CBP shows news releases and shows the contracts.......I've shown some.

d6a53dc9-1.jpg

The GREAT FENCE ACT...............LOL..............Vehicle barriers...........I guess you could call them REPLACEMENT...............LOL

Yeah...........the Great Fence Act that so many politicians ran on in the past........Take a good look at it.............Bunch of Lying Hypocrite who Lead us.............lol...........

A sham..........

I'm saying that article is misrepresenting the facts, and likely what the border commission official said to the reporter. You can see the construction site pictures in the NYT article. Or hell, just google it for yourself. There are countless articles from the last week discussing the new construction.

Why accept one source as gospel when there's a wealth of information available on the internet. Isn't that the intended purpose of the internet, once dubbed the "information superhighway"?

Why accept the word of the person over the construction? Lol

Really?

You are really something else. A world of information at your fingertips clearly showing the new construction, and you refuse to even look at it, taking an op-ed journalist's characterization of a CBP official's statements as gospel. It's right in front of your eyes man -- open them and look.

Taking the word of the guy over the wall is now a bad thing? I should rely on "fake news sites"? This is what Trump calls them is it not?

images

What a Great looking wall those politicians built back in the day.

Vehicle Barriers...........hey it got Dems elected...........so sling a little steel up and pay yourselves on the back. lol

720448ddfcef7ec897fe8688f91185dd_XL.jpg

Border Fence back in the day.........Traps the Water and Floods the city...........lol

Stupidity in motion...........lol

Really?

Yes, really. Let me frame it for you like this: perhaps the reporter asked whether any sections of wall had been completed where no barriers of any type previously stood.

That would rule out both the current construction of the new sections of wall, as well as the wall constructed to replace vehicle barriers, making the answer to the question "no."

That answer does not in any way contradict the fact that new border wall is currently under construction, or that much of the wall already build replaced vehicle barriers. Do you follow?

Really?

Yes, really. Let me frame it for you like this: perhaps the reporter asked whether any sections of wall had been completed where no barriers of any type previously stood.

That would rule out both the current construction of the new sections of wall, as well as the wall constructed to replace vehicle barriers, making the answer to the question "no."

That answer does not in any way contradict the fact that new border wall is currently under construction, or that much of the wall already build replaced vehicle barriers. Do you follow?

I never argued what type of barriers were being replaced. "maybe this happened" doesn't negate what was said.

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Who’s the biggest loser, Trump or his army of morons who believe him? :lol:

Border protection commissioner admits no miles of new border wall have been built despite Trump's claim of "great progress"

President Donald Trump has been claiming that the border wall is well underway in construction, but the acting U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) commissioner was unable to support those remarks after repeated questioning by a reporter.

The exchange occurred on Thursday when a reporter, whose identity was not clear from a C-SPAN video, asked acting CBP commissioner Mark Morgan for a status update on "how many miles of wall has been constructed, not wall that's replacing old wall, but new wall that has been built to this point."

"So 78 miles of new wall has been built," Morgan replied.

The reporter, skeptical about Morgan's claim, pushed him further.

"Much of that obviously is replacing wall that formerly existed, that the president said was insufficient," the reporter said. "How many miles of wall where there was no wall whatsoever?"

Morgan responded that "every mile of wall that is being built is a new mile of wall."

The reporter asked again for Morgan to differentiate between renovated or replaced wall, and wall where no barrier previously existed.

"So right now, 78 miles have been built, have been built where there was an existing form of barrier," Morgan said, effectively admitting that none of the wall that has been constructed has been in new areas.

"We just started breaking ground in [Rio Grande Valley] where we're building miles of new wall where there has been no structure there at all," the acting CBP commissioner said.

"So that's just now starting the construction of new wall?" the reporter said, seeking to clarify.

"That's correct, that's correct," Morgan admitted.

I don't believe him about new ground being broken. I would need for actual photo or video proof.

The lying by this government has gotten so pervasive and bad, I no longer believe anything from this government.

I never argued what type of barriers were being replaced. "maybe this happened" doesn't negate what was said.

You are impossible. Several people in this thread have pointed to direct proof that entirely new border wall is currently under construction, and you just want to twist words and remain willfully blind to it. That, or you're just trolling. Either way, I'm saying uncle. Good luck with your trolling of whomever follows in my stead if this thread continues.

Forum List

Back