Bobby Jindal, Governor Of Louisiana {KING}

Ppl call me those names all the time, I did not mean you personally.

And what I said about Jindal was what a politician with common sense would say in a hot button topic, instead of just defending the offending party...IF...he was gonna say something.

Politicians weild a certain amount of power.

If a politician uses his/her elected influence in private business matters...is that legal?
Now juxtapose this with Hollyweird, and the 'Cult Of Personality'? Where are you on Celebs? Same thing applies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0]Living Colour - Cult Of Personality - YouTube[/ame]

Where are YOU on Obama and his idiotic comments when he didn't have 'all the facts'? Were you fawning or ASKING the same questions? Or is this a matter of Race, Political affiliation?

YOU need to do some homework before you come and ask insipid questions. {DORK}.

Again, Obama never said Zimmerman was guilty.

Obama had both parties to The White House in The Beer Summit.

Jindal....said NOTHING to show he sympathized with blacks or gays, but just chose to wholeheartedly to defend the person who made comments that blacks and gays were offended by.

OMG

That was the silliest comment this topic.

You said "I speak for all white people."

And then compounded that lunacy by annointing yourself as the authority of which white ppl are rational, WHILE being irrational to the extreme yourself.

Culminating in your juvenile insult of calling every white person that doesn't agree with your insane posturing a "pussy".

(Insert crazy emoticon)

Last edited:
Should politicians take sides in things outside of their official duties? I like a lot of things in pop culture, and some things I do not. Yet, I expect an elected official to have enough professionalism to speak publicly about his denanding, pressing problems, instead of speaking about frivilous and trivial things.

And IF an elected official does venture into opining on a pop culture issue, is it appropriate at all for them to take sides of a person that may in fact be saying/doing things that millions of his constituents are offended by?

Is this good politics?

Should an Ethics Review be in order?

Should mayors comment on who they like in Housewives Of Atlanta beefs? If they do, can the woman the mayor has chosen to publicly stand against...bring the mayor up on ethic violations for unduly effecting her reality career by using their mayoral influence to side with their adversary??

Your Thoughts...

At it's core, politics is a popularity contest. To win an election you need to win votes. And anything a large enough block of voters support is good to come out on the side of (playing Devil's Advocate here.) So sure, if a big block of voters support oh I dunno...Duck Dynasty, that's a good issue to weigh-in on if seeking re-election.

@ Delta, politicians swear an oath though, and are supposed to represent ALL of their constituents.

That's why they are supposed to speak in a politically correct fashion.

True, in theory at least. But if you win an office getting 60% of your constituents, you tend to only do what they want, not the ones who voted against you. And I'm not even sure if making that sorta behaviour illegal is feasible, probably not. Fact remains, politicians do whatever the most say to do if it gets them elected. They come out in favor of religion, entertainment (decrying whoever's in the news recently as with Charleton Heston denouncing that rapper (not my thing so I forget his name,) which was then snatched up as a thing by politicans, sports, etc.. Whatever's popular is suitable political hay.

OMG

That was the silliest comment this topic.

You said "I speak for all white people."

And then compounded that lunacy by annointing yourself as the authority of which white ppl are rational, WHILE being irrational to the extreme yourself.

Culminating in your juvenile insult of calling every white person that doesn't agree with your insane posturing a "pussy".

(Insert crazy emoticon)

No that wasn't my quote.

Try another lie.

I didn't say he was a pussy for disagreeing with me. I said he was a pussy if those words offended him.

I understand how difficult it must be for you but at least try to be honest.

Should politicians take sides in things outside of their official duties? I like a lot of things in pop culture, and some things I do not. Yet, I expect an elected official to have enough professionalism to speak publicly about his denanding, pressing problems, instead of speaking about frivilous and trivial things.

And IF an elected official does venture into opining on a pop culture issue, is it appropriate at all for them to take sides of a person that may in fact be saying/doing things that millions of his constituents are offended by?

Is this good politics?

Should an Ethics Review be in order?

Should mayors comment on who they like in Housewives Of Atlanta beefs? If they do, can the woman the mayor has chosen to publicly stand against...bring the mayor up on ethic violations for unduly effecting her reality career by using their mayoral influence to side with their adversary??

Your Thoughts...

It depends on whether the things he considers important really are important enough to comment on.

Like Ted Cruz (Harvard), Bobby Jindal is an Ivy Leaguer (Brown) from Dixie. That polarized feature of the biographies of the two men is given added zip as they try to build a political base among TEA Party members. It is a challenge Sarah Palin didn't have to face: how to be successfully disingenuous without being totally dishonest. I suppose it helps not to have a conscience.

Again, Obama never said Zimmerman was guilty.

Obama had both parties to The White House in The Beer Summit.

Jindal....said NOTHING to show he sympathized with blacks or gays, but just chose to wholeheartedly to defend the person who made comments that blacks and gays were offended by.
Who said anything of Zimmerman? Try the Campus COP...Remember the Beer Summit...Obama: "acting stupidly..."?

Give us a break.

Good question I have often wondered why when President Obama was asked about the Henry Louis Gates incident he just didn't sat I'm not familiar with the facts and can't comment instead of taking a stand as he did.

Probably because there wasn't a set of facts that really justified white police officers arresting a distinguished black professor at his own home after they had ascertained his identity.

I guess you whined when Obama told the policeman he acted stupidly and then held some dumb beer summit..

and especially when the came out and said Trayvon Martin could be his son if had one...that did our country a world of good...

give us break the whine is shrill with you people

Well, the cop did act stupidly, and it was a travesty that a child was shot down in the middle of the street by a nutbag with no legal consequences. (Hey, are any of you guys still insisting Zimmerman is a victim of circumstance after his fifth subsequent arrest for something?)

On the other hand, PIYUSH Jindal is a guy who once performed an excorcism.... he really doesn't need to be talking abou tthe religious nutty.

Forum List

Back