Blount Co. (TN) Commission To Ask God Not To Murder Them Over SSM

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
File under: oy, veh... merde....unglaublich..... wow...... uhm....

So, coming up on Monday:

http://www.blounttn.org/comm/agenda/AG151006.PDF

"Resolution condemning judicial tyranny and petitioning God’s mercy. (Resolution No. 15-10-006) (Karen Miller)"

TN County to Hear Resolution Asking "God to Spare His Upcoming Wrath on Them"

Here's the good stuff:

"RESOLUTION No. 15-10-006

RESOLUTION CONDEMNING JUDICIAL TYRANNY AND PETITIONING GOD’S MERCY

Whereas, the Governor, Attorney General, and ALL WE Blount County Legislators have sworn an oath consistent with the moral Law of God (“So Help Me God”) to uphold the Constitution of Tennessee and the Constitution of the United States; and

Whereas, the fulfillment of this oath, in the American tradition, may not be read to contradict the written Constitution, Justice, Reason and higher Natural Law; and

Whereas, not all orders claiming authority under color of law are lawful; and

Whereas, unlawful orders, no matter their source – whether from a military commander, a federal judge, or the United States Supreme Court – are and remain unlawful, and should be resisted; and

Whereas, the American system of federalism envisions a political stance of resistance by States and their office holders against lawless federal court orders; and

Whereas, modernly, federal judges have once again usurped powers not delegated to them, and have violated Reason, the Rule of Law and Natural Law by purporting to strike down State laws and acts of the People recognizing and protecting Natural Marriage; and

Whereas, the United States Supreme Court is not the sole and final arbiter of the powers of the States under the Ninth and Tenth Amendments, when it acts in an area outside of its jurisdiction; and

Whereas, the federal Judiciary was created by the Founders to have “neither Force nor Will, but merely judgment; and must ultimately depend upon the aid of the executive arm” and the States, for the carrying out of its judgments, and it is high time that the Court be so reminded; and

Whereas, we are forced beyond our wishes to comply with what is clearly against our conscience, and violates what the Bill of Rights, both State and Federal, give us the Right to do…

With a firm reliance upon the providence of Almighty God WE the BLOUNT COUNTY LEGISLATURE call upon all of the Officers of the State of Tennessee, the Governor, the Attorney General, and the members of the Tennessee Legislature, to join US, and utilize all authority within their power to protect Natural Marriage, from lawless court opinions, AND THE financial schemes of the enemies of righteousness wherever the source AND defend the Moral Standards of Tennessee.

WE adopt this Resolution before God that He pass us by in His Coming Wrath and not destroy our County as He did Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighboring cities. As the Passover Lamb was a means of salvation to the ancient Children of Israel, so we stand upon the safety of the Lamb of God to save us.

WE adopt this Resolution begging His favor in light of the fact that we have been forced to comply and recognize that the State of Tennessee, like so many other God-fearing States, MAY have fallen prey to a lawless judiciary in legalizing what God and the Bible expressly forbids."

Uhm, ok.....

This is what publicly elected officials are doing in Blount County, Tennessee.

:popcorn:

So, where is Blount County, TN?

Blount County, Tennessee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is a small border county to North Carolina:

800px-Map_of_Tennessee_highlighting_Blount_County.svg.png

95% White, 2% black. STRONG Tea Party presence

A little bit of the presidential electoral history of Blount County, TN, going back 80 years:

2012: Romney 71.98%, Obama 26.27%, Romney +45.91%
2008: McCain 68.88%, Obama 29.53%, McCain +39.34%
2004: Bush 43 68.24%, Kerry 30.89%, Bush 43 +37.35%
2000: Bush 43 62.15%, Gore 36.12%, Bush 43 +26.03%
1996: Dole 52.29%, Clinton 39.77%, Perot 6.92%, Dole +12.52%
1992: Bush 41 48.91%, Clinton 38.92%, Perot 11.87%, Bush 41 +9.99%
1988: Bush 41 67.26%, Dukakis 32.25%, Bush 41 +30.01%
1984: Reagan 68.74%, Mondale 30.77%, Reagan +37.97%
1980: Reagan 63.81%, Carter 33.44%, Anderson 2.20%, Reagan +30.37%
1976: Ford 52.79%, Carter 46.10%, Ford +6.69%
1972: Nixon 73.85%, McGovern 24.36%, Nixon +49.49%
1968: Nixon 57.10%, Humphrey 23.17%, Wallace 19.73%, Nixon +33.92%
1964: Goldwater 58.40%, Johnson 41.60%, Goldwater +16.80%
1960: Nixon 68.20%, Kennedy 31.27%, Nixon +36.93%
1956: Eisenhower 70.90%, Stevenson 28.41%, Eisenhower +42.49%
1952: Eisenhower 69.22%, Stevenson 30.53%, Eisenhower +38.69%
1948: Dewey 64.47%, Truman 32.91%, Thurmond 2.24%, Dewey +31.55%
1944: Dewey 68.30%, FDR 31.28%, Dewey +37.02%
1940: Willkie 55.85%, FDR 43.56%, Willkie +12.29%
1936: Landon 57.22%, FDR 42.45%, Landon +14.77%
1932: Hoover 67.29%, FDR 31.13%, Hoover +36.16%

Yepp, in our lifetime, the lifetime of our parents and likely, the lifetime of our grandparents, for 21 presidential elections in a row, this county has
not gone for a Democratic Presidential candidate, it has always gone easily for the Republican. That is how unbelievably RED this small county, which accounted for exactly 2.00% of the popular vote in Tennessee in 2012, is. And Romney's +45.91% margin win here in 2012 is the 80-year 2nd place record holder, after Nixon 1972.

Democrat Lyndon Baines Johnson won nationally with
61.04% of the NPV in 1964, the topline record for our Republic. He still lost this county to Republican Goldwater by almost 17 points. FDR never won this county. Al Gore, who is from Tennessee, lost this county by 26 points to Bush 43 in 2000. The only Democrat to really come close in this county was Southern Baptist Jimmy Carter, in 1976, but even a deeply religious Southern Democrat from a border state was not enough for this county, nosiree.

This county is one of the very few counties in the USA to have not switched sides at all in 80 years, quite possibly longer.

That is how unbelievably Conservative this small county is.

So, I'm not surprised that they might also be deeply religious and perhaps intolerant of others.

Last edited:
I enjoy it!

Tennessee brought us the monkey trials! "Evolution baaaaad"

When asked for a response, God said "Don't hold me responsible for the crazy actions of some hillbilly county. I never even heard of them before this. If they keep this up, then someone should smite them for being so dumb. "

"Whereas, the American system of federalism envisions a political stance of resistance by States and their office holders against lawless federal court orders[.]"

Wrong.

The American system of Federalism 'envisions' no such thing.

It was the original intent and understanding of the Framing Generation that Federal laws, the Federal Constitution and its case law, and the rulings of Federal courts would be the supreme law of the land, binding on the states and local jurisdictions, where the states are devoid of the 'authority' to 'offer resistance' concerning those laws, the Constitution, and Federal court orders pursuant to the Constitution and its case law. (See Article VI, US Constitution)

Having lived in Hickman County I can attest to the fact that people are fiercely and I mean fiercely people of faith in certain counties.

But without mocking them. You really do have to understand that they are people who aren't trying to be mean or horrible. It's just a matter of their faith.

"Whereas, the American system of federalism envisions a political stance of resistance by States and their office holders against lawless federal court orders[.]"

Wrong.

The American system of Federalism 'envisions' no such thing.

It was the original intent and understanding of the Framing Generation that Federal laws, the Federal Constitution and its case law, and the rulings of Federal courts would be the supreme law of the land, binding on the states and local jurisdictions, where the states are devoid of the 'authority' to 'offer resistance' concerning those laws, the Constitution, and Federal court orders pursuant to the Constitution and its case law. (See Article VI, US Constitution)

yah.. they're just insanely wrong.

but what can you expect from neo-confederate insurrectionist loons?

Last edited:
Is anyone out there slagging Islam today? What is with the left that Christians are bad but the followers of Islam who behead gays are AOK with that?

It makes no sense.

Having lived in Hickman County I can attest to the fact that people are fiercely and I mean fiercely people of faith in certain counties.

But without mocking them. You really do have to understand that they are people who aren't trying to be mean or horrible. It's just a matter of their faith.

Ok, I can kind of understand that.

But are you saying that Christianity teaches intolerance? Where is agape in all of this?

Is anyone out there slagging Islam today? What is with the left that Christians are bad but the followers of Islam who behead gays are AOK with that?

It makes no sense.

Waidaminnit. I am not slagging Christians at all. I have an issue that publicly elected officials in a PUBLIC forum are forcing their faith on everyone else who lives in their community. THAT'S the issue.

Are you feeling better? Fever gone? I hope you are healing well.

-Stat

Nobody is questioning their sincerity. Just their sanity

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage contract law violates the 14th Amendment.

14th Amendment jurisprudence is binding solely on the states and local jurisdictions, not private persons and organizations such as churches, who remain at liberty to refuse to afford religious marriage rituals to same-sex couples, and where Obergefell in no way 'disadvantages' religious liberty or expression.

The problem is that religious persons are attempting to contrive a 'controversy' where none exists, by propagating the lie that Obergefell does 'violate' religious liberty.

Consequently, it is in no way a 'matter of their faith.'

Nobody is questioning their sincerity. Just their sanity

I am questioning their sincerity.

I am bringing up the fact that people who were elected or appointed to public office in this county are using their religion to force it upon everyone else in their county.

What, there are no gay people in Blount County?

Imagine how those people must feel, knowing that their neighbors are willing to go this far in a public setting.

Forum List

Back