Bloomberg Helping Ex Felons In Florida To Vote

I wonder have democrats ever considered that they are just as wrong as people think they are - when their plan to victory involves getting elected by felons.

Obviously felons should not vote. There already are enough democrats who vote just like criminals - not for the benefit of the nation but to buy themselves free shit.

Why, assuming they did their time? The initial big push for felonies (other than the most egregious) to be ineligible for voting was racism. I don't care if they vote, just like I don't care if RWNJ racists vote. It's an American right.

You all for restoring their gun rights also? How about running for political office.. We DO need more professional criminals in politics.

I'm OK with them rejoining society, but it lowers the disincentives for committing crimes.. So MAYBE -- the sentencing and parole procedures need to be tightened to compensate.

It's clear that this story about Bloomberg is correct.. They selected only the "Cheaper pay-outs" -- less than $2000.. And the process is not complete unless the FELON follows thru with a state appeal.. SO -- I'm CERTAIN that the organization that Bloomberg formed has VERBAL maybe physical contact with the recipient to make sure that they follow thru QUICKLY on submitting the paperwork in time for the Nov election. Time's running out in Florida to register.. Don't KNOW the date -- but even if they miss this election, that adds a city size chunk of Dem voters to the rolls. And when the felon ASKS where the money comes from -- Bloomberg craftily added a funding arm with prime sports/entertainment figures covering his money.. A bit like laundering the "quo"...

But it would only take ONE of these beneficiaries to rat them out and MAKE it completely illegal if they were TOLD that prominent Democrats were SOLELY behind the efforts "to help them vote"... But the rest of us KNOW -- this is already obvious. Sorry you dont get it..

Besides, if anyone is complaining about more people being able to vote, when the reason they can't vote is because they can't afford to pay a fine …… the reason they're complaining is they don't want poor people to vote. AND THAT SUCKS.

And it's NOT a partisan issue. It's a basic tenant of being American.
Another tenant of being American is obeying the law and paying your debt to society when you don't.
Poor people can vote until they are blue in face so your disingenuous bullshit is absurd.
But as long as they still owe restitution or other penalties from time in prison they may not vote.

It's just as simple and fair as that. So eff off!

So what's wrong with helping them pay it?

You mean besides being against the law or something else?

You guys keep saying that. But you don't really offer any evidence.

1. Is donating or fundraising for a non-profit that helps felons regain their rights ILLEGAL?
2. Is personally paying a felon's fines for them ILLEGAL (and note...this is where discrimination against poor people could come in).
3. Is any individual who pays a felon's fine...guilty of an ILLEGAL act?

You should have read my post, or better yet, go to the link and watch the video. The answer is yes. It's illegal to give a person something of value to influence them to vote. Bloomberg stated that's exactly what he was doing.

What he stated is irrelevant. It's what he DID. You can legally donate money to a cause and HOPE it will bring your candidate more voters. That is what it sounds like frankly.

yes----sounds like something that is done lots-----a little underhanded but no more than DONATING TO
A FAVE ,,,,,,and I hope he remembers me

I wonder have democrats ever considered that they are just as wrong as people think they are - when their plan to victory involves getting elected by felons.

Obviously felons should not vote. There already are enough democrats who vote just like criminals - not for the benefit of the nation but to buy themselves free shit.

Why, assuming they did their time? The initial big push for felonies (other than the most egregious) to be ineligible for voting was racism. I don't care if they vote, just like I don't care if RWNJ racists vote. It's an American right.

You all for restoring their gun rights also? How about running for political office.. We DO need more professional criminals in politics.

I'm OK with them rejoining society, but it lowers the disincentives for committing crimes.. So MAYBE -- the sentencing and parole procedures need to be tightened to compensate.

It's clear that this story about Bloomberg is correct.. They selected only the "Cheaper pay-outs" -- less than $2000.. And the process is not complete unless the FELON follows thru with a state appeal.. SO -- I'm CERTAIN that the organization that Bloomberg formed has VERBAL maybe physical contact with the recipient to make sure that they follow thru QUICKLY on submitting the paperwork in time for the Nov election. Time's running out in Florida to register.. Don't KNOW the date -- but even if they miss this election, that adds a city size chunk of Dem voters to the rolls. And when the felon ASKS where the money comes from -- Bloomberg craftily added a funding arm with prime sports/entertainment figures covering his money.. A bit like laundering the "quo"...

But it would only take ONE of these beneficiaries to rat them out and MAKE it completely illegal if they were TOLD that prominent Democrats were SOLELY behind the efforts "to help them vote"... But the rest of us KNOW -- this is already obvious. Sorry you dont get it..

does not seem illegal to me------take a felon to lunch kinda thing

Besides, if anyone is complaining about more people being able to vote, when the reason they can't vote is because they can't afford to pay a fine …… the reason they're complaining is they don't want poor people to vote. AND THAT SUCKS.

Another tenant of being American is obeying the law and paying your debt to society when you don't.
Poor people can vote until they are blue in face so your disingenuous bullshit is absurd.
But as long as they still owe restitution or other penalties from time in prison they may not vote.

1. Is donating or fundraising for a non-profit that helps felons regain their rights ILLEGAL?
2. Is personally paying a felon's fines for them ILLEGAL (and note...this is where discrimination against poor people could come in).
1....when the intention is to BUY votes for a candidate as Bloomberg has already admitted to in several different comments. Bloombergs comments are an admission of guilt at this point and he has left himself no wiggle room to claim he was just helping out felons as you are trying to imply. INTENTION does matter and he has made his INTENTION clearly known. His stunt is clearly against the law---------and here in florida this isn't flying well with the public which would be his jury. He won't be able to hide in a bias corrupt NY court room. A florida jury would likely fry him. No
2 You can pay a felons fines, but you can't do it in exchange for buying votes which he has admitted to already. He is basically saying that they will as group no less which triggers Conspiracy and RICO charges as well spend $16 million to get 30000 votes for biden.
3...Paying a fine is common----baby's mommas do it all the time for their no good criminal sperm donors---------------but they have an excuse--and none of them are doing it to buy votes for a corrupt Dem politican.

LOOK, the act by Bloomberg itself is an inducement to commit voting fraud in exchange for payment
of legal penalties.
It's already been proved that under Florida state law such a quid pro quo arrangement is, on it's face, a third
class felony.
How many felons want that tacked onto their rap sheet?

This isn't something that needs to be discussed and analyzed.

You need to show it's "an inducement" to commit voting fraud and you have not done that.

This felon rights group distributes the money and pays their fines. Are they doing it in a political fashion - i.e. asking felons who they will vote for more making it conditional upon voting for a certain candidate?

Did Bloomberg make the donation contingent on any of the above?

For example: The North Shore Republican Women is a group that offers scholarships to Republican women, and recipients must be interested in working with the Republican Party. If a person fundraised and made a large donation to this group, are they guilty of buying potential votes?

You can take a felon to lunch-----but if you take him to lunch so he will vote for your candidate and especially if you are dumb enough to admit it---then you get to go to prison. Bloomberg has been in NY to long---he thinks he is above the law and can buy votes----Florida isn't New York

And you and everyone else should know deep down inside that buying votes is illegal and immoral.

LOOK, the act by Bloomberg itself is an inducement to commit voting fraud in exchange for payment
of legal penalties.
It's already been proved that under Florida state law such a quid pro quo arrangement is, on it's face, a third
class felony.

You need to show it's "an inducement" to commit voting fraud and you have not done that.

This felon rights group distributes the money and pays their fines. Are they doing it in a political fashion - i.e. asking felons who they will vote for more making it conditional upon voting for a certain candidate?

For example: The North Shore Republican Women is a group that offers scholarships to Republican women, and recipients must be interested in working with the Republican Party. If a person fundraised and made a large donation to this group, are they guilty of buying potential votes?

apple: orange.jpeg

of legal penalties.
class felony.

You may work there but not vote that way. One can work for CNN and vote Republican. In the end Bloomberg doesn't know how that person will vote but they have a pretty good idea and it smells fishy. It is the rich buying votes. It is billionaires buying votes. Something both Liz and Bernie decried at the debates. So either they are hypocrites or I am missing something. Please fill me in.

You should have read my post, or better yet, go to the link and watch the video. The answer is yes. It's illegal to give a person something of value to influence them to vote. Bloomberg stated that's exactly what he was doing.

What he stated is irrelevant. It's what he DID. You can legally donate money to a cause and HOPE it will bring your candidate more voters. That is what it sounds like frankly.

He didn't hope, he flat out said that's why he was donating the money.

Most states restore the franchise to felons who served their time. In Fla, the issue was that the vast maj of felons were blacks who committed drug crimes. The citizens voted to let them vote. The legislature and state SC said only if they pay fines and court costs. Surprise surprise surprise .. the felons are vastly poor and vastly black. Is this a poll tax? The SC said "no, it's not a poll tax, it's part of their sentences!"

Kudos to Bloomberg.

Correct, because now somebody may have to bailout Bloomberg as that is a third degree felony in the state.

I am intrigued with the "too poor to pay" Just how much money are we talking about? "court costs"??
"fines" ? people who serve a jail sentence get FINES
latched onto their sentences

Sure they do. If you robbed a bank and got away with $50,000 they never found, the court can order you to repay that $50,000 as part of your penalty. If you physically hurt somebody where the medical costs ran up to $150,000, yes, the court can order you to repay that money to your victim.

of legal penalties.
class felony.

Bloomberg has already stated that he is doing it because he knows that the black and hispanic felons will vote 90-95% for Biden. He is spending 16 million $$$$ in order to buy 30,000 votes for biden.

1. Nope. Kind of soured on gun rights right now, but other folks are for restoring gun rights, they can deal with it.
2. Not sure....probably not. Voting is an integral right in the democratic process, running for office is not.
3. Frankly...I think some of those IN office are more criminal than a lot of felons.

I don't think voting rights are much of a disincentive. People don't think, before robbing a bank...what if I get caught and lose my right to vote?

There is no need to tighten anything to compensate. Many states already restore voting rights. Originally - only those who had committed truly horrific crimes had there voting rights permanently removed (and I'm fine with that) - but many felonies do not fall in that category.

They may very well do that - I would be surprised if they did not, their goal is to get them to register to vote. But unless they are telling them who to vote for or what party to register for and making it contingent on the fines being paid, it's partisan speculation imo.

The only thing that would make it completely illegal is if they were told (or led to believe) that this was conditional upon registering Democrat or voting for Biden. That is the "pro quo".

The rest of you may "KNOW" but like of lot of political "knowledge" these days...it tends to be unsubstantiated.

Most states restore the franchise to felons who served their time. In Fla, the issue was that the vast maj of felons were blacks who committed drug crimes. The citizens voted to let them vote. The legislature and state SC said only if they pay fines and court costs. Surprise surprise surprise .. the felons are vastly poor and vastly black. Is this a poll tax? The SC said "no, it's not a poll tax, it's part of their sentences!"

Kudos to Bloomberg.

Correct, because now somebody may have to bailout Bloomberg as that is a third degree felony in the state.

I am intrigued with the "too poor to pay" Just how much money are we talking about? "court costs"??
"fines" ? people who serve a jail sentence get FINES
latched onto their sentences

Sure they do. If you robbed a bank and got away with $50,000 they never found, the court can order you to repay that $50,000 as part of your penalty. If you physically hurt somebody where the medical costs ran up to $150,000, yes, the court can order you to repay that money to your victim.

oh any idea how that pans out in reality---like how many jailed people also face fines?

Matt Gaetz is a flaming idiot. Mini-Mike is doing no such thing. Bribe? Please - They can vote however they wish.
Yes BRIBE------------that he has admitted that he is giving money to in exchange for votes.

He fundraised and gave the money to an organization that restores felon voting rights. So what?

Does that mean anyone - ANYONE who gives money to political organizations, is guilty of buying votes?

That's what they are going to investigate.

"[Under Florida law] it’s a third-degree felony for someone to either directly or indirectly provide something of value to impact whether or not someone votes," Gaetz explained. "So the question is whether or not paying off someone’s fines and legal obligations counts as something of value, and it clearly does.

Bloomberg said about the money: We know in order to win Florida, we need to persuade, motivate, and add new voters to the Biden column.

So what he's doing is admitting he's paying off their restitutions to get ex-cons to vote for Biden, as if it needed to be said, given the fact most of them are black, and most all blacks vote Democrat. Bloomberg belongs in prison.

Nothing illegal there unless there is a "pro-quo" attached. If he gave the money to a non-profit that non-politically uses it, how is that illegal? People can do all sorts of things legally to "get out the vote". For example, they can rent a bus and drive people after church down to their polling place - but the can't discuss voting with them, encourage or pressure or make it conditional upon a certain candidate - that's where it becomes illegal.

Bloomberg is arrogant, but he isn't stupid. If he fundraised and donated the money to this non-profit, with no strings attached (ie - telling them it can only go to Biden voters) - then he didn't do anything illegal.

Serves Florida right for disregarding the will of their voters in restoring felon voting rights, frankly.

What Bloomberg is doing is making Russia collusion (you people constantly complain about) look like pikers.

he did? you got a link? "I am paying their fines and debts so that they vote for Biden ---and that woman?

Like I said, go to the link I posted, read the article, or better yet, watch the video.

You can take a felon to lunch-----but if you take him to lunch so he will vote for your candidate and especially if you are dumb enough to admit it---then you get to go to prison. Bloomberg has been in NY to long---he thinks he is above the law and can buy votes----Florida isn't New York

And you and everyone else should know deep down inside that buying votes is illegal and immoral.

I don't think anyone is under any illusions that Bloomberg is particularly moral, but you guys have a ways to go to prove he is "buying" votes. So far - your arguements could apply to anyone who donates to this group and hopes they will vote a certain way afterwards.

Why, assuming they did their time? The initial big push for felonies (other thahe most egregious) to be ineligible for voting was racism. I don't care if they vote, just like I don't care if RWNJ racists vote. It's an American right.

Hilarious - Is the Turtle Soup ready? :laugh:

5517049_0.jpg

of legal penalties.
class felony.

Bloomberg has already stated that he is doing it because he knows that the black and hispanic felons will vote 90-95% for Biden. He is spending 16 million $$$$ in order to buy 30,000 votes for biden.

time for Bloomberg to retire along with Schumer.
In hospitals----patients who die are subjected to
CPR------cardio pulmonary resuscitation. Eventually
the efforts are ended as in "OK FOLKS WE'RE DONE"
One writes in the chart--CPR was terminated ___am/pm
Time for both Schumer and Bloomberg to terminate
donkey CPR

He didn't hope, he flat out said that's why he was donating the money.

He hoped. He said what he hopes will be the outcome. It doesn't matter if that is WHY he is DONATING it - I mean hell, you can donate to any political organization in the hopes (and even stated preference) that your donation will result in more XYZ voters and it isn't illegal.

Forum List

Back