Bloomberg Helping Ex Felons In Florida To Vote

I wonder have democrats ever considered that they are just as wrong as people think they are - when their plan to victory involves getting elected by felons.

Obviously felons should not vote. There already are enough democrats who vote just like criminals - not for the benefit of the nation but to buy themselves free shit.

Why, assuming they did their time? The initial big push for felonies (other than the most egregious) to be ineligible for voting was racism. I don't care if they vote, just like I don't care if RWNJ racists vote. It's an American right.

You all for restoring their gun rights also? How about running for political office.. We DO need more professional criminals in politics.

I'm OK with them rejoining society, but it lowers the disincentives for committing crimes.. So MAYBE -- the sentencing and parole procedures need to be tightened to compensate.

It's clear that this story about Bloomberg is correct.. They selected only the "Cheaper pay-outs" -- less than $2000.. And the process is not complete unless the FELON follows thru with a state appeal.. SO -- I'm CERTAIN that the organization that Bloomberg formed has VERBAL maybe physical contact with the recipient to make sure that they follow thru QUICKLY on submitting the paperwork in time for the Nov election. Time's running out in Florida to register.. Don't KNOW the date -- but even if they miss this election, that adds a city size chunk of Dem voters to the rolls. And when the felon ASKS where the money comes from -- Bloomberg craftily added a funding arm with prime sports/entertainment figures covering his money.. A bit like laundering the "quo"...

But it would only take ONE of these beneficiaries to rat them out and MAKE it completely illegal if they were TOLD that prominent Democrats were SOLELY behind the efforts "to help them vote"... But the rest of us KNOW -- this is already obvious. Sorry you dont get it..

does not seem illegal to me------take a felon to lunch kinda thing
You can take a felon to lunch-----but if you take him to lunch so he will vote for your candidate and especially if you are dumb enough to admit it---then you get to go to prison. Bloomberg has been in NY to long---he thinks he is above the law and can buy votes----Florida isn't New York

And you and everyone else should know deep down inside that buying votes is illegal and immoral.

I don't think anyone is under any illusions that Bloomberg is particularly moral, but you guys have a ways to go to prove he is "buying" votes. So far - your arguements could apply to anyone who donates to this group and hopes they will vote a certain way afterwards.

Who needs to prove it, he wrote about it.

I wonder have democrats ever considered that they are just as wrong as people think they are - when their plan to victory involves getting elected by felons.

Obviously felons should not vote. There already are enough democrats who vote just like criminals - not for the benefit of the nation but to buy themselves free shit.

Why, assuming they did their time? The initial big push for felonies (other than the most egregious) to be ineligible for voting was racism. I don't care if they vote, just like I don't care if RWNJ racists vote. It's an American right.

You all for restoring their gun rights also? How about running for political office.. We DO need more professional criminals in politics.

I'm OK with them rejoining society, but it lowers the disincentives for committing crimes.. So MAYBE -- the sentencing and parole procedures need to be tightened to compensate.

It's clear that this story about Bloomberg is correct.. They selected only the "Cheaper pay-outs" -- less than $2000.. And the process is not complete unless the FELON follows thru with a state appeal.. SO -- I'm CERTAIN that the organization that Bloomberg formed has VERBAL maybe physical contact with the recipient to make sure that they follow thru QUICKLY on submitting the paperwork in time for the Nov election. Time's running out in Florida to register.. Don't KNOW the date -- but even if they miss this election, that adds a city size chunk of Dem voters to the rolls. And when the felon ASKS where the money comes from -- Bloomberg craftily added a funding arm with prime sports/entertainment figures covering his money.. A bit like laundering the "quo"...

But it would only take ONE of these beneficiaries to rat them out and MAKE it completely illegal if they were TOLD that prominent Democrats were SOLELY behind the efforts "to help them vote"... But the rest of us KNOW -- this is already obvious. Sorry you dont get it..

You can take a felon to lunch-----but if you take him to lunch so he will vote for your candidate and especially if you are dumb enough to admit it---then you get to go to prison. Bloomberg has been in NY to long---he thinks he is above the law and can buy votes----Florida isn't New York

And you and everyone else should know deep down inside that buying votes is illegal and immoral.

I don't think anyone is under any illusions that Bloomberg is particularly moral, but you guys have a ways to go to prove he is "buying" votes. So far - your arguements could apply to anyone who donates to this group and hopes they will vote a certain way afterwards.

Can you show me where he wrote that he is donating this money with the contingency that the recipients must vote for Biden? If he did that, then yes, he royally screwed himself.

Not clear this is "short term" monkey wrenching. Takes a long time for the felon to APPLY and get approved for esponging his record. And I just looked up the voter reg. deadline which is OCT 5th.. Paperwork from courts is NOT gonna move that fast.. Unless -- they've been buying "felons lunches" for a lot longer while than we know..

But the felons can be contacted to REQUEST an absentee ballot so if all the paperwork clears -- he/she might just be able to "hold up the election" in Florida in the courts..

It's a LONG term strategy to gain a city worth of Dem voters in Florida.

But yeah --

Can you show me where he wrote that he is donating this money with the contingency that the recipients must vote for Biden? If he did that, then yes, he royally screwed himself.

Gee, you could watch the news. Then on the other hand perhaps he's just doing it because he's such a nice guy.

yes---which is exactly what they are doing. No different than Lori Loughlin "donating" to the row boat team to get her daughters into college----------bloomberg and all the other asses donating to the felons debt fund were doing the exact same thing for votes which worse. Lock ALL of them up.

1. Nope. Kind of soured on gun rights right now, but other folks are for restoring gun rights, they can deal with it.
2. Not sure....probably not. Voting is an integral right in the democratic process, running for office is not.

A bit strange than that if you're NOT HOT on restoring felon rights for GUN Ownership or running for office -- that you're spending THIS MUCH time defending their right to vote? Do ya get the irony there or not?

In reality -- I'm in favor of a path to restore EVERYTHING to felons over a long process.. But WITHOUT being used as political pawns or political wedge issues.. YEP -- vote, guns, child custody, becoming a mayor or even Governor..
I don't think voting rights are much of a disincentive. People don't think, before robbing a bank...what if I get caught and lose my right to vote?

There is no need to tighten anything to compensate. Many states already restore voting rights. Originally - only those who had committed truly horrific crimes had there voting rights permanently removed (and I'm fine with that) - but many felonies do not fall in that category.

Again -- USUALLY those who favor restoring felon rights like I do -- are MORE CONCERNED about the all SUBSTANTIALLY more serious lost rights than voting.. But voting gets you RAZZED UP - for some reason -- dont it????

1. Nope. Kind of soured on gun rights right now, but other folks are for restoring gun rights, they can deal with it.
2. Not sure....probably not. Voting is an integral right in the democratic process, running for office is not.

A bit strange than that if you're NOT HOT on restoring felon rights for GUN Ownership or running for office -- that you're spending THIS MUCH time defending their right to vote? Do ya get the irony there or not?

In reality -- I'm in favor of a path to restore EVERYTHING to felons over a long process.. But WITHOUT being used as political pawns or political wedge issues.. YEP -- vote, guns, child custody, becoming a mayor or even Governor..
I don't think voting rights are much of a disincentive. People don't think, before robbing a bank...what if I get caught and lose my right to vote?

There is no need to tighten anything to compensate. Many states already restore voting rights. Originally - only those who had committed truly horrific crimes had there voting rights permanently removed (and I'm fine with that) - but many felonies do not fall in that category.

Again -- USUALLY those who favor restoring felon rights like I do -- are MORE CONCERNED about the all SUBSTANTIALLY more serious lost rights than voting.. But voting gets you RAZZED UP - for some reason -- dont it????
But voting gives access to all other rights. The fla gop is mostly concerned about denying poor blacks the vote, but there's a reason other rights are taken from them.

Ha ha ha,

But voting gives access to all other rights. The fla gop is mostly concerned about denying poor blacks the vote, but there's a reason other rights are taken from them.
that's not the point or the topic what Bloomberg is doing is a felony

talk about election interference!

EioL3daWkAIdXvq

EioL3ddXYAAJZnx

/thread

Bribery is against the law.

Is it bribery though?
If it is simply a gift with no strings attached, then where is the bribe to do something?
Of course if it is a gift then it will need to be acknowledged on the receiver's tax return although they probably don't pay taxes anyway.
Regardless of who the felons vote for, paying their fines is against Florida law.
" "[Under Florida law] it’s a third-degree felony for someone to either directly or indirectly provide something of value to impact whether or not someone votes," Gaetz explained. "So the question is whether or not paying off someone’s fines and legal obligations counts as something of value, and it clearly does. " Bloomberg's organization had a memo leaked which specifically links the payments to voting. Bloomberg is toast. Of course he won't spend a day in jail for his felony.

You're correct. But if you contact him and tell him you're gonna pay off his fines so that his citzenship rights are restored and over lunch he asks where the money will come from and you tell him "principle Democrat leaders and image makers" -- then you gone a long way to "buying votes"..

Actually the more RAW version of this was during the Democratic primaries where Andrew Yang started "raining money" with an unregulated "sweepstakes"...

“It’s time to trust ourselves more than politicians,” Yang said. “My campaign will now give a freedom dividend of $1,000 a month for an entire year to ten American families, someone watching this at home right now.”

It has nothing to do with race. You people with the phony race thing already.

Republicans were never for allowing ex-cons to vote. Most of us on the right believe that the only way to slow down or stop crime is with a strong enough deterrent. Taking deterrents to crime away is as stupid as dumping gasoline on a fire to put it out.

Prison and not being able to vote is only part of the penalty. The other part is paying restitution back to the state or the victims of your actions. If you don't pay those fines or reimbursements to those you harmed, then your debt to society is not fully repaid; only the prison part was, and therefore you should still not be allowed to vote.

Blooming idiot and this organization has only one thing in mind, and that is to absorb costs to ex-cons so they can vote, and that is against the law in Florida apparently. You break the law, you pay the price. Blooming idiot should be serving a prison sentence when this is all over.

It has been shown to you, repeatedly. I posted the article from Fox news. Others have posted the similar quite from the origins of the Washington Times interview with him. And no, the law doesn't mention Biden. What the law says is that it's a felony to influence voting for anybody by giving a person something of value.

In his WP quote he said they can't win Florida without getting new voters and "persuading" them to vote. Well gee. Paying off their debts to society is not persuading them to vote, especially when it's public record that Bloomberg donated 100 million to the Biden campaign?

It has been shown to you, repeatedly. I posted the article from Fox news. Others have posted the similar quite from the origins of the Washington Times interview with him. And no, the law doesn't mention Biden. What the law says is that it's a felony to influence voting for anybody by giving a person something of value.

In his WP quote he said they can't win Florida without getting new voters and "persuading" them to vote. Well gee. Paying off their debts to society is not persuading them to vote, especially when it's public record that Bloomberg donated 100 million to the Biden campaign?

Looks like he will have to pay his own debts soon, if he plans to vote that is.

Besides, if anyone is complaining about more people being able to vote, when the reason they can't vote is because they can't afford to pay a fine …… the reason they're complaining is they don't want poor people to vote. AND THAT SUCKS.

And it's NOT a partisan issue. It's a basic tenant of being American.
Another tenant of being American is obeying the law and paying your debt to society when you don't.
Poor people can vote until they are blue in face so your disingenuous bullshit is absurd.
But as long as they still owe restitution or other penalties from time in prison they may not vote.

It's just as simple and fair as that. So eff off!

So what's wrong with helping them pay it?

You mean besides being against the law or something else?

You guys keep saying that. But you don't really offer any evidence.

1. Is donating or fundraising for a non-profit that helps felons regain their rights ILLEGAL?
2. Is personally paying a felon's fines for them ILLEGAL (and note...this is where discrimination against poor people could come in).
3. Is any individual who pays a felon's fine...guilty of an ILLEGAL act?

You should have read my post, or better yet, go to the link and watch the video. The answer is yes. It's illegal to give a person something of value to influence them to vote. Bloomberg stated that's exactly what he was doing.

What he stated is irrelevant. It's what he DID. You can legally donate money to a cause and HOPE it will bring your candidate more voters. That is what it sounds like frankly.

He didn't hope, he flat out said that's why he was donating the money.

He hoped. He said what he hopes will be the outcome. It doesn't matter if that is WHY he is DONATING it - I mean hell, you can donate to any political organization in the hopes (and even stated preference) that your donation will result in more XYZ voters and it isn't illegal.

This organization is specifically there to pay off debts so people can vote. Do you believe there would really be any organization like this if ex-cons were not allowed to vote no matter what? It was started for this reason.

Ha ha ha,

Well...see what happens then.

Forum List

Back