Bloomberg Helping Ex Felons In Florida To Vote

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is how to get around the new Florida scheme to prevent former felons from voting in Florida.

Bloomberg is paying their fines and restitution. He's paying for over 31 thousand ex felons fines so that they can vote in the election this November.

So nearly 32 thousand more people in Florida will be able to vote in November.

I wonder how the governor and the republicans in Florida are going to prevent them from voting now. I'm sure they are working hard to come up with another scheme to take voting rights away from legal voters.

This is how to get around the new Florida scheme to prevent former felons from voting in Florida.

Bloomberg is paying their fines and restitution. He's paying for over 31 thousand ex felons fines so that they can vote in the election this November.

I wonder how the governor and the republicans in Florida are going to prevent them from voting now. I'm sure they are working hard to come up with another scheme to take voting rights away from legal voters.

They lost their voting rights because they were criminals, and felons to boot, as part of their punishment for their crimes.

Should they get their 2nd amendment rights back as well?

so they are all going to vote for biden?...

I saw that. Isn't democracy a "terrible" thing? (sarcasm)

They lost their voting rights because they were criminals, and felons to boot, as part of their punishment for their crimes.

Yes

They have yet to do an exit poll..exit from voting not prison..

Being a felon from doing drugs is different then being a felon for pure violence.

Yes

Automatically? Get out of Jail and get your guns back?

If Bloomberg was President every Black American would be unemployed and not receive welfare.
He is a RWer who worships himself.

Yes

If you are done with yer sentence and paid yer fines sure, why not?

Being a felon from doing drugs is different then being a felon for pure violence.
Yes indeed but prisons need to be more about reforming and less about teaching yous more skills as a criminal and contacts to carry it on after being released...The one part that is tough is the laws that prevent felons from jobs.

Little Mikey thinks that encouraging Child Molesters and paedophiles are the key to election and he wants as many as possible to vote. Biden has truly earned the NAMBLA endorsement this year

Yes

If you are done with yer sentence and paid yer fines sure, why not?

because you still owe a debt. Most states you can petition to show you are back to being a productive member of society and are responsible again.

And if you are on parole you haven't finished your sentence.

Yes indeed but prisons need to be more about reforming and less about teaching yous more skills as a criminal and contacts to carry it on after being released...The one part that is tough is the laws that prevent felons from jobs.
A libertarian who had a radio show promoted turning a percentage of prisons into total drug rehab centers for addicts only. No general prison population in them. They would do their time in a locked up situation but giving courses, treatments and the whole 9 yards on drug rehab. Records would be cleansed depending on severity. About recidivism I do not know. This is one of some problems in our nation. Other ways have not worked. Once leaving the facility after doing their time, they will be clean and educated and counting on each other.

A libertarian who had a radio show promoted turning a percentage of prisons into total drug rehab centers for addicts only. No general prison population in them. They would do their time in a locked up situation but giving courses, treatments and the whole 9 yards on drug rehab. Records would be cleansed depending on severity. About recidivism I do not know. This is one of some problems in our nation. Other ways have not worked. Once leaving the facility after doing their time, they will be clean and educated and counting on each other.
Yes, that is an important step but so is employment for the former inmate. Many are not the type for construction and other heavy labor jobs.

The problem with that idea is that even though there are many dope heads in the joints, most have also committed other serious offenses other than just "possession". Robbers, rapists, burglars.

While I do believe that once people have served their time and made their restitution their voting rights should be restored, it certainly says something about your party that you assume ex felons are going to vote Democratic, doesn't it?

Assuming anyone is interested in facts.

For those offenders covered by the amendment, only the right to vote, not the right to sit on a jury or the right to hold public office, is contemplated by the amendment. Restoration of the right to sit on a jury and to hold public office can only be obtained through application to the Board of Executive Clemency.

As to those offenders not covered by the amendment, namely those convicted of murder or a felony sexual offense or those who have not completed all terms of their sentence, the restoration of the right to vote, to sit on a jury, and to hold public office can only be obtained through application to the Board of Executive Clemency.

While I do believe that once people have served their time and made their restitution their voting rights should be restored, it certainly says something about your party that you assume ex felons are going to vote Democratic, doesn't it?
Well, there's a reason why the gop is fighting restoration of rights even though it passed on popular vote.

Forum List

Back