Bloomberg backs down! WooT!!!

No, idiot - it was Bush and Hank Paulson.
yep...

Glued to MSNBC.

Boy do they make you look silly!
Do you really think it was Obama who bailed out the banks, in September/October 2008, before he was elected president? :lol:

This site should have an intelligence test to join. Simple multiple choice, to weed out the morons like Jarhead.
I know...right?

Nope.

You just have trouble comprehending where I am coming from.

Question....were those bailouts an executive order?
Oh, I see. Bush had nothing to do with it! :lol:

Sure...thats exactly what I said.

No listen closely....

The comment you originally referred to talked about Obamabots....not Obama...

Now, that being said, it was a democratic congress that drafted and approved TARP and asked a lame duck president to sign in the midst of what they continually referred to as "the brink of a depression"...

Now....what lame duck president who was continually blamed by the sitting congress that he was solely responsible for the "imminent depression" would not sign into law something that same congress told the WORLD was required to avoid a world wide financial collapse?

I mean.....do you do any thinking for yourself at all?????????
Look who's talking! :eek:

49izadw.gif

Oh, I see. Bush had nothing to do with it! :lol:

Sure...thats exactly what I said.

No listen closely....

The comment you originally referred to talked about Obamabots....not Obama...

Now, that being said, it was a democratic congress that drafted and approved TARP and asked a lame duck president to sign in the midst of what they continually referred to as "the brink of a depression"...

Now....what lame duck president who was continually blamed by the sitting congress that he was solely responsible for the "imminent depression" would not sign into law something that same congress told the WORLD was required to avoid a world wide financial collapse?

I mean.....do you do any thinking for yourself at all?????????

Oh, they forced Bush to bail out Wall Street!

Good luck selling that pile of shit.
The lies never cease with him. Anything to support a RWer and/or RW cause. ANYTHING. Lies and all. So glad you see right through Jarhead's tripe.

well...to start off...the "lie" of the "official demands" was in fact a lie in itself. To the contrary, those that questioned the motives of the OWS movement referred to the movement as not focused and referred to those demands as nothing more than a blogger posting on a website.

Oh, the movement's focused, all right, just not on things that can easily be made into demands that the government as currently constituted can act upon. Are you denying that people claimed those 11 or 13 or however many demands they were, constituted an "official" position of OWS, when they were in a position to know that they weren't?

I noticed you completely ignored my question of where were you when unsubstantiated claims were made by POLITICIANS as it pertained to the tea party ralley's.

That's 'cause I know a red herring when I see one. :cool:

We aren't discussing the TP and any falsehoods told about that (I don't deny there were some, for the record) have no bearing on the point I was making, which is that you should not believe everything you read or hear from people about OWS. Every derogatory claim made about the TP could be Gospel truth, or every such claim could be a flaming lie, and my point about the lies circulating w/r/t OWS would remain completely unchanged either way.
And "that one" is full of 'em. Good call. :clap2:

#OCCUPYWALLSTREET WINS! Bloomberg backs down, protestors stay in park - YouTube

Huge news! This morning at 6 o'clock, MoveOn members, union members, community organizers and thousands of others gathered in Zuccotti Park to stand in solidarity with the people who are occupying Wall Street and to defend them from eviction by Mayor Bloomberg.

They were supported by hundreds of thousands of people from around the country like you who signed petitions and flooded the city with calls.

Great news!

When you look at the footage of what the 5000 or so protesters have done to Manacotti Fettucini Park, you have to feel sympathy for all of the squirrels,birds,coyotes,wolves,sasquatch,ferrets,mouses,rats,chubacabra's and Anthony Weiner Supporters who used to live in that park. God Help Them!
Zuccotti "Park" is not a park in the familiar sense of the word. It is best described as a square, as in Washington Square or Tompkins Square "Parks," each of which are fully paved seating areas which are provided for public seating and gathering.

In the Zuccotti example the "park" is owned and managed by a private real estate organization and provided as part of an agreement to permit construction of an adjoining skyscraper. The agreement specifies that the public cannot be barred from using it. Mayor Bloomberg's live-in girlfriend is a member of the board that owns and manages the "park," which is a particularly valuable piece of Manhattan real estate.

The question arises as to who owned that piece of land before this arrangement was made? The answer is The People of New York City. The public. It is a piece of the New York City Commons which has been administratively transformed into a privately owned property, an disturbing concept which has been surreptitiously concealed by the "agreement" which allows the public to use what essentially was theirs to begin with!

Bottom line: Zuccotti Park exists as symbolic testimony to the Wall Street culture which is incrementally and surreptitiously taking possession of our country.

Little by little, piece by piece.
Ex-zackleee!!!

So the street shitters have taken over private property and the left goes wild. what a bunch of asswipes.
Read the terms and conditions again. They are not complicated. It is private property which has been appropriated under exceptional circumstances but is by law freely available for publc access. And because of the exceptional circumstances the public cannot be barred from using this "park" but the management must maintain it.

Because of its premium location the owners of the "park" expected it would be used by Wall Street brown-baggers on their lunch breaks. They didn't expect this protest rally and there isn't a damn thing they can (legally) do about it.

KAPOW!!!!

kapow.jpg

So the street shitters have taken over private property and the left goes wild. what a bunch of asswipes.
Read the terms and conditions again. They are not complicated. It is private property which has been appropriated under exceptional circumstances but is by law freely available for publc access. And because of the exceptional circumstances the public cannot be barred from using this "park" but the management must maintain it.

Because of its premium location the owners of the "park" expected it would be used by Wall Street brown-baggers on their lunch breaks. They didn't expect this protest rally and there isn't a damn thing they can (legally) do about it.

I know,, I know,, the owners get left holding a bag of street shitters shit don't they.
They are holding a bag which is worth several hundred million dollars -- which they shouldn't be holding at all.

This circumstance should give you pause to think about how much of America has already been sold to foreign interests. For example, Indiana has sold its turnpine to a Spanish corporation and Ohio is open to selling its turnpike to the highest bidder. (China has expressed interest.) Selling the Family Jewels to Stay Alive | Economy In Crisis

How do you feel about this increasing tendency to sell America right out from under Americans?

I used to live in NYC. If I were still there, I'd do it myself. Surely someone with imagination has thought of it.

Set out a few rat traps. Get the big ones, the ones that are bigger than cats and most dogs. Take them to the park and let them go. Maybe throw some chunks of cheese into the crowd.

aw cute... another rightwingnut who hates freedom of speech.

:cool:

I just can't help but think of this being a perfect opportunity for a terrorist attack. They just need several dufflebags full of explosives to go off every 50 yards.

No possible security anywhere. Or worse, bio hazards that would be highly contagious.

Bloomberg should have acted as did mayors of other large cities and nipped this in the bud.

i don't think that's their kind of target. but i suppose, taken to the extreme, any crowd can be dangerous.

i think bloomberg handled this very well, actually.

what's to nip in the bud?

I just can't help but think of this being a perfect opportunity for a terrorist attack. They just need several dufflebags full of explosives to go off every 50 yards.

No possible security anywhere. Or worse, bio hazards that would be highly contagious.

Bloomberg should have acted as did mayors of other large cities and nipped this in the bud.

i don't think that's their kind of target. but i suppose, taken to the extreme, any crowd can be dangerous.

I'd be more concerned about an Attack falsely pinned on the Protestors, or it Inciting Riot and Mayhem. Real Important for all sides to keep their heads, no matter what goes down, that is not always easy.

all I can say is, WINTER CANT COME FAST ENOUGH!

why do you care? you're pretending to be in Naples.

:cuckoo:

I moved to Longboat Key in late 1990 during the horrible recession. I was at home with my parents and couldn't take it anymore, I can still remember picking up my last unemployment check, walking thru mud on a cold November day. The next day I was on a plane to Sarasota, following day I was in paradise! I was so blessed to be living on a barrier island so many could only dream of. I lucked out, the rent was only 75 a week to live in a private home,that came with a private beach across the way. Been here ever since,but bounced around Naples,Boca and Sarasota over the last 21 years. I cant live where its cold, It's my immunity system,,,a bad cold could kill me.

ohhhhh that naples. nice down there.

i'm a NY'er born and bred. I wouldn't take to Florida though i like to visit.

I'd be more concerned about an Attack falsely pinned on the Protestors, or it Inciting Riot and Mayhem. Real Important for all sides to keep their heads, no matter what goes down, that is not always easy.

I agree with that. I'm out of rep for now, but I owe you.

they didnt take it over. They have not been asked to leave yet.

Back off them. Agree or disagree with them...they have a right ot be heard.

Didnt any of us learn a lesson when our elected officials wrongly accused the tea partyers of things they didnt do?

I have a right to be heard too, and the Street Shitters have taken over private property.

and i have the right to tell you you're vile and ugly sounding.

but stay classy!

aren't you embarrassed?
Watch out - she'll neg you!

Oh, wait . . . no she won't. She only negs people whose return neg won't matter.

I know,, I know,, the owners get left holding a bag of street shitters shit don't they.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just making it up as you go? :cuckoo:

Keep hoping, asshole.

All of those scenarios are possibilities. Hope they don't become probabilities. Some people are just so crazy these days. It's worrisome.

Keep hoping, asshole.

Excuse me? Did I disrespect you?

Keep hoping, asshole.

You've mentioned terrorists attacking a few times now. Seems like you are hoping for one to blame on the protesters.

Keep hoping, asshole.

You've mentioned terrorists attacking a few times now. Seems like you are hoping for one to blame on the protesters.

I brought up the fear once and then added my opinion to another post. Please point out where I was hoping that a terrible occurrence like that would happen. Also, point out how I mistreated anyone that I should be called such a name.

Oh for God's sake...geez Boob...you sure know how to see out of only one eye.
They were not going to be "kicked out"...they were going to be removed so the city could clean up the God awful mess these people are making.
During the night, instead of doing nothing, the people actually started to clean up the mess they are making.
Thus...the reason to evacuate them is no longer present.

Sheesh...you must get awful dizzy.

Uh...no. Elected officials told the management company not to toss the protesters. Supposedly they got A Lot of calls.

I do find the ire at these protesters amusing in light of the pretend patriots' ranting and raving about how the tea loons were just exercising their first amendment rights.

No one's objecting to them exercising their First Amendment rights, you ignorant, paranoid twat. We're objecting to how filthy and uncivilized and lawless they're behaving while they do it. I realize that someone like you is totally unequipped to understand the value decent people put on decent behavior - or, frankly, to even DEFINE "decent behavior" - but trust me when I tell you that behaving like a bunch of low-class, destructive vermin is very, very far from the shining, noble "People's Crusade" percolating through that diseased wreck you call a mind.

Forum List

Back