Blagojevich Says Trump is Best Defender of American Workers and Black Voters

....I don't care if you are black or blue.........cops are usually held accountable..but most of the time they are defending themselves from jackass criminals.....the system is not perfect
..BLACK OJ was not held accountable for MURDERING whites /etc
HEY--DUH--the cops are usually RESPONDING to a criminal complaint!!!!!!! get it???

"Usually" is irrelevant. It's the time that isn't "usual" that is the problem.
....which is very RARE--.......
again --cops shoot about 300 blacks a year---most are armed and dangerous
blacks MURDER 3000 blacks a year
....there are over 30 MILLION calls for police assistance per year--not counting traffic stops
please divide 30 MILLION by about TEN QUESTIONABLE shootings of blacks by cops ---THAT is your number of '''usual''--which is infintesimal

Rare is irrelevant. You can't look the other way simply because something is rare.
.....you and Joe are just babblers...you post no facts/stats/links--just bullshit babble and opinion

Many examples have been posted.
''rare is irrelevant'''...????!!!!??--THAT'S your argument ??????!!!!!
it's babble.....it means --like--nothing at all

This guy got knee capped by a vengeful Democrat Party Chicago machine, and for what I dont know.
Maybe they just decided he was too embarrassing, or too quick to fire from the lip.
Well, he is certainly firing away now.
Knee capped???? The guy was a damn crook!
And that makes him different from every other Chicago Machine politician how?

you blacks make your arguments total crap when you talk about cops
I dont think JoeBitch is black.

BTW, 'black' is not the problem, as JoeBitch demonstrates here.

Marxist World View is the underlying problem in whipping up this whole line of rhetorical attacks on our peace officers.

This guy got knee capped by a vengeful Democrat Party Chicago machine, and for what I dont know.
Maybe they just decided he was too embarrassing, or too quick to fire from the lip.
Knee capped???? The guy was a damn crook!
And that makes him different from every other Chicago Machine politician how?
No idea. Dont care. That doesnt change the fact he is a crook.

When was convicted, the right was all over him as an example of crooked Dems. Now that Trump pardoned him, he is their poster child for unfair conviction :cuckoo:

When was convicted, the right was all over him as an example of crooked Dems. Now that Trump pardoned him, he is their poster child for unfair conviction :cuckoo:
Lol, no the dude is the poster child for EXCESSIVE convictions that are politically tainted.

The dude was trying to get political exchange for naming someone to the Senate seat that eventually went to Senator Ducksworth?

That kind of 'pay to play' in terms of favors is standard operating procedure and no different th an what goes on in DC.

When newly elected members of the House have to pay their 'donation' to get on a committee, who do you think really pays for it?

That's right a corporation or special interest group that sponsored them from the start.

Normal business for our political world; why single out Blagojevich?

Yes well he's just one of the ones that got caught. There is certainly nothing unusual about what he as a politician did especially in Illinois. Unfortunately for lefty however he still connects with a large number of Democrats who feel he was unfairly treated. He could possibly swing a fair percentage of votes by being a vocal spokesman. Trying to smear him now at this point is pretty much useless.

Jo

What's the argument here? That Trump excused his crimes to score some votes?

Can't say that for sure. I remember that trial very well and I also remember the controversy surrounding the issue of whether or not he was simply being singled out from a larger group of criminals. I also remember many arguments being made in his defense by some on the left who indicated that his actions were pretty much standard operating procedure. In any case whether it's right or whether it's wrong is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he has the ears of many people.

Jo

Right or wrong is always relevant .

Right or wrong doesn't exist in politics.
Effective and ineffective does.

Jo

It's sad people think this way. It's why things are such a mess.

We are in such a mess because clueless people think that they know right from wrong.

Last edited:

Exclusive — Rod Blagojevich Explains Why He Is a ‘Trumpocrat’

Blagojevich says the great irony of American politics is that Trump—a Republican—has done more to rectify these problems that Democrats created for black and working class Americans than any of America’s other recent presidents, in large part because Trump has ditched the “traditional” GOP playbook to pursue a more solutions-oriented agenda. Upon his release from prison, Blagojevich announced he is a “Trumpocrat”–making him the highest profile such Democrat who has left the Democratic Party to join President Trump–and here he explains his views in the most in-depth interview yet since his release.

“When I say I’m a Trumpocrat—and hopefully a lot of others are as well, and I believe they are—it’s largely because the Democratic Party has not only left us but it’s abandoned traditional Democratic constituencies like working people, factory workers like my father an immigrant who came to America and spent all of his time here as a working man working in a steel factory,” Blagojevich said. “And also, the Democratic Party has for far too long taken the African American community for granted. They’ve not only abandoned them, they’ve sold them out when they passed the crime bill in 1994 that President Clinton and Vice President Biden, then-Senator Biden backed and voted for. Our senator here, Sen. Durbin, voted for it. It’s a bill that led to the mass incarceration of a whole new generation of African American men for nonviolent first-time drug offenses, over-sentencing them and then putting them in a position where they can have no opportunity whatsoever to begin a new life after correcting the mistakes that they made and paying their debts to society, frankly, for the crimes that they committed. President Trump, interestingly enough, is speaking to those constituencies in ways that traditional Republicans never did.”

Blagojevich said that whether it’s through his economic policies or his criminal justice reform policies or other norm-challenging fights, Trump has upended the normal political battle lines in a way that is “revolutionizing American politics” and “re-aligning” what would be considered “traditional” political coalitions by zoning in on and successfully “drawing from” what were considered “Democratic constituency groups.”

“And I think he’s not only been successful politically because he’s done it, I think he’s revolutionizing American politics,” Blagojevich said. “He’s re-aligning politics in America by drawing from those traditional Democratic constituency groups, the factory worker that used to work in a factory that’s gone because of the 1994 NAFTA bill that President Clinton signed sending all those jobs away. President Trump is bringing them back in places like western Pennsylvania and Michigan and Wisconsin and southern Illinois—the rust belt states. One of the many frustrations I had as governor was when I would leave the Chicagoland area where I’m from—I’m from Chicago—and I’d visit places like the Quad Cities or Marion, Illinois, or Franklin County, Illinois, where they used to have coal mines and people were working and that was the economic anchor of the community or you’d go to a place like Galesburg, Illinois, where the Maytag factory once was but has left because of NAFTA and President Clinton and the policies of the Democratic Party that’s supposed to be the party that protected those people and looked out for their interests. It’s hard to be able to explain to those communities that there was hope, that there was a possibility that we might be able to bring some of those economic engines back to the state. Now, at last, we have a president who not only promised to do it but he’s doing it. I think President Trump is making real strides in succeeding in that but more importantly he’s actually addressing the needs of the American worker. And with the First Step Act, he’s actually done something for a community that overwhelming votes for Democrats like me. We easily get 90 percent or better of the African American vote when we run against Republicans. Yet, the Democratic Party I would say cynically has taken the African American community for granted. It’s almost immoral, their treatment of the African American community by sort of just keeping them dependent and in a certain place where they have to look to government for all the answers when at the same it’s actually government through over-sentencing and targeting African Americans that are causing a lot of the problems and conditions in these very communities.”

I smell a future suicide for the ex-gov.

Blago used to be a real piece of shit, there is no doubt about that.

But these new revelations show our nation's penal system is working, he has truly been rehabilitated.

Blagojevich says the great irony of American politics is that Trump—a Republican—has done more to rectify these problems that Democrats created for black and working class Americans than any of America’s other recent presidents, in large part because Trump has ditched the “traditional” GOP playbook to pursue a more solutions-oriented agenda. Upon his release from prison, Blagojevich announced he is a “Trumpocrat”–making him the highest profile such Democrat who has left the Democratic Party to join President Trump–and here he explains his views in the most in-depth interview yet since his release.

“When I say I’m a Trumpocrat—and hopefully a lot of others are as well, and I believe they are—it’s largely because the Democratic Party has not only left us but it’s abandoned traditional Democratic constituencies like working people, factory workers like my father an immigrant who came to America and spent all of his time here as a working man working in a steel factory,” Blagojevich said. “And also, the Democratic Party has for far too long taken the African American community for granted. They’ve not only abandoned them, they’ve sold them out when they passed the crime bill in 1994 that President Clinton and Vice President Biden, then-Senator Biden backed and voted for. Our senator here, Sen. Durbin, voted for it. It’s a bill that led to the mass incarceration of a whole new generation of African American men for nonviolent first-time drug offenses, over-sentencing them and then putting them in a position where they can have no opportunity whatsoever to begin a new life after correcting the mistakes that they made and paying their debts to society, frankly, for the crimes that they committed. President Trump, interestingly enough, is speaking to those constituencies in ways that traditional Republicans never did.”

Blagojevich said that whether it’s through his economic policies or his criminal justice reform policies or other norm-challenging fights, Trump has upended the normal political battle lines in a way that is “revolutionizing American politics” and “re-aligning” what would be considered “traditional” political coalitions by zoning in on and successfully “drawing from” what were considered “Democratic constituency groups.”

“And I think he’s not only been successful politically because he’s done it, I think he’s revolutionizing American politics,” Blagojevich said. “He’s re-aligning politics in America by drawing from those traditional Democratic constituency groups, the factory worker that used to work in a factory that’s gone because of the 1994 NAFTA bill that President Clinton signed sending all those jobs away. President Trump is bringing them back in places like western Pennsylvania and Michigan and Wisconsin and southern Illinois—the rust belt states. One of the many frustrations I had as governor was when I would leave the Chicagoland area where I’m from—I’m from Chicago—and I’d visit places like the Quad Cities or Marion, Illinois, or Franklin County, Illinois, where they used to have coal mines and people were working and that was the economic anchor of the community or you’d go to a place like Galesburg, Illinois, where the Maytag factory once was but has left because of NAFTA and President Clinton and the policies of the Democratic Party that’s supposed to be the party that protected those people and looked out for their interests. It’s hard to be able to explain to those communities that there was hope, that there was a possibility that we might be able to bring some of those economic engines back to the state. Now, at last, we have a president who not only promised to do it but he’s doing it. I think President Trump is making real strides in succeeding in that but more importantly he’s actually addressing the needs of the American worker. And with the First Step Act, he’s actually done something for a community that overwhelming votes for Democrats like me. We easily get 90 percent or better of the African American vote when we run against Republicans. Yet, the Democratic Party I would say cynically has taken the African American community for granted. It’s almost immoral, their treatment of the African American community by sort of just keeping them dependent and in a certain place where they have to look to government for all the answers when at the same it’s actually government through over-sentencing and targeting African Americans that are causing a lot of the problems and conditions in these very communities.”

He is a crook. That is why he went to jail and still should be jailed. Even Illinois Republicans agree with that. The only people listening to him are Trump sycophants.

He is a crook. That is why he went to jail and still should be jailed. Even Illinois Republicans agree with that. The only people listening to him are Trump sycophants.

He sounds rehabilitated. But you're saying that the Liberal Illinois Penal System isn't doing its job

What's the argument here? That Trump excused his crimes to score some votes?

Can't say that for sure. I remember that trial very well and I also remember the controversy surrounding the issue of whether or not he was simply being singled out from a larger group of criminals. I also remember many arguments being made in his defense by some on the left who indicated that his actions were pretty much standard operating procedure. In any case whether it's right or whether it's wrong is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he has the ears of many people.

Jo

Jo

We are in such a mess because clueless people think that they know right from wrong.

Trying to sell a political seat is wrong.

Full page cut and paste unnecessary.

Black would blow tRump on national TV if requested. tRump got him out of a very well deserved prison sentence.

Jo

Jo

Getting caught on tape talking about selling a house seat it is stupid. Blogo was not only corrupt, but stupid. It's Illinois politics. OK. Often corrupt, historically. You can get by in that state with corrupt. You can't get by anywhere with corrupt and stupid anywhere in the country forever. Dumb Donnie should have left him in jail. The optics are really bad, like one corrupt politician pardoning another corrupt politician, because it is. Can't blame Blogo on talking up for trump. If he just sprung you or me, we'd be singing his praises too. Doesn't mean anything to the general public. Probably means a lot to trump. He has gobs of criminal friends who were corrupt and stupid, they're his favorites.

Jo

Jo

Like I said

Lol, no the dude is the poster child for EXCESSIVE convictions that are politically tainted.

The dude was trying to get political exchange for naming someone to the Senate seat that eventually went to Senator Ducksworth?

That kind of 'pay to play' in terms of favors is standard operating procedure and no different th an what goes on in DC.

When newly elected members of the House have to pay their 'donation' to get on a committee, who do you think really pays for it?

That's right a corporation or special interest group that sponsored them from the start.

Normal business for our political world; why single out Blagojevich?
Why single out anyone? If they are corrupt get them out!

Full page cut and paste unnecessary.

Black would blow tRump on national TV if requested. tRump got him out of a very well deserved prison sentence.

He served a long time already, and doesn't seem to be a danger to the community IMHO. The question is whether or not he's learned his lesson.

I personally think so, and I believe that its very unlikely that Rod will offend again.

He sounds rehabilitated. But you're saying that the Liberal Illinois Penal System isn't doing its job
No he doesn't. He doesn't think he did anything wrong.

It is CRAZY isn't it?

It is CRAZY isn't it?
Oh, puhleeze.

Obama wanted to 'sell'/trade his old seat and Babbayagabitch wouldnt play ball, so they buried him.

But thats all OK since Obama did it and he is a Democrat, so he is a saint, right?

lol

This is the funniest thread in a long time.

Blago, to the bones corrupt, "this thing is eff'n golden", was trying to sell President Obama's Senate seat for a cool three million, if memory serves. If you can't quite see it, he was corruptly trying to use the powers of his office to benefit himself, and that wasn't the only case.

Recognize the similarity now? Small wonder that Trump looked at it and saw an exceedingly pardonable offense. No offense at all, really.

Now, is there any surprise that Trumpletons are whining about the conviction (singled-out!!! excessive!!!), which should also have been meted out to Trump, and with the same sentence? And is there any surprise how pleased they are with the pardon, particularly since the former Democrat sings Trump's praises (all lies, what did you expect?) right out of Trump's cavernous rectum?

Really, if you're not having a good laugh, you are doing something very seriously wrong.

Forum List

Back