Making Daylight Savings Time Permanent

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
So far seven states have approved state legislation to make DST permanent, but they still need congressional approval to put it in effect. Of course our do nothing congress has taken no action on this, The US Congress is a waste of time and money

So far seven states have approved state legislation to make DST permanent, but they still need congressional approval to put it in effect. Of course our do nothing congress has taken no action on this, The US Congress is a waste of time and money

Which seven states are those? Link!!!!

The part of Maine I'm in, we are supposed to be on Atlantic Standard Time, but Maine didn't want us on a different schedule. If we didn't have Daylight Savings Time, in the summer it would be light here by 4 a.m.
I don't mind the change. The sun was rising at about 6:10 a.m. last week. Now it's around 7 a.m. That's better for people driving east early in the morning. That sun straight in your eyes is a killer.

I think it makes things too confusing if you have piecemeal time zones
Arizona is very confusing

Daylight Savings Time is a form of agricultural welfare. We no longer have a primarily agrarian-based economy, so there's no need for farmers to have that extra hour of light. Farmers no longer have to work with coal oil lanterns either, as they now have electricity on their farms and in their barns.

Hell, they always harvest their corn and soybean crops at night around here, anyways. Sometimes their well-lighted harvesters are out after midnight.

much rather have that daylight when I get home from wor Gives me a chance to do the lawn so I have my weekends free.

The part of Maine I'm in, we are supposed to be on Atlantic Standard Time, but Maine didn't want us on a different schedule. If we didn't have Daylight Savings Time, in the summer it would be light here by 4 a.m.
I don't mind the change. The sun was rising at about 6:10 a.m. last week. Now it's around 7 a.m. That's better for people driving east early in the morning. That sun straight in your eyes is a killer.

Where you at in Maine? I was in Monson 11 years.

On TV yesterday, a poll taken about keeping the same time year round had an approval rating of 70%. As polls go.

Where we are now is what I prefer. I like when the daylight is around longer.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. People who live around time zone lines, my question is how in the world do they deal with it? Are they late to things like church and their jobs because of where they reside? I am just an hour away from the city of Bristol which is actually in two different cities, Tennessee and Virginia of course and so depending on what part of the city you are in, you are either paying more or less because of the tax being different. Tennessee is currently sitting at 9.75% and I believe that Virginia is only at 4.5%.

Where we are now is what I prefer. I like when the daylight is around longer.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. People who live around time zone lines, my question is how in the world do they deal with it? Are they late to things like church and their jobs because of where they reside? I am just an hour away from the city of Bristol which is actually in two different cities, Tennessee and Virginia of course and so depending on what part of the city you are in, you are either paying more or less because of the tax being different. Tennessee is currently sitting at 9.75% and I believe that Virginia is only at 4.5%.
Some regions which are on time zone cusps maintain the same time year round.

^^^ You make it sound like daylight savings time doesn't apply to people in them areas which isn't what I am asking about. I am in the eastern time zone. About two hours west of where I am is when you go into the central time area. Thankfully my home is not so close to where my job and church could end up being in the other time zone.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back