CDZ Black people are not "African Americans".

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021
If you're born in America then you're American. If you're born in Africa then you're African. Just like Australians, Canadians, Brazilians, and so on. Haiti is a black country not in Africa but we don't call them Haitian Americans. You are where your born at.

What about the millions of middle eastern, white and Indian people who live in Africa and have for a very very long time now? How come no one calls Elon musk, Charlize Theron, Neil blomkamp, and so on African americans? They are from Africa and live in America and citizens. Or other whites with African ancestry?

Everytime you say African American then you're buying into a misconception and essentially a lie because you want to go along with the group and do what the group says to do. You're told to believe something that simply isn't true for no reason at all. You let the bandwagon and white guilt dictate your speech and perceptions.

What I mean is, no one calls me a German, Swiss, Irish, American. It's my heritage, so how come no one calls me by my entire lineage?

So if someone is American and black call them an American or black. It isn't racist to state facts. And the fact is, Africa is a place and not a skin color.

I've heard Whoopi Goldberg say that before, that she's not "African American" because she's not African. She calls herself Black.

The important thing here is to keep changing the terms we use to refer to various groups of people so they have an opportunity to be offended. When people are offended, they get to play victim, and when they play victim in today's society, they gain an advantage over others.

It's all about seeking privilege though outrage.

The important thing here is to keep changing the terms we use to refer to various groups of people so they have an opportunity to be offended. When people are offended, they get to play victim, and when they play victim in today's society, they gain an advantage over others.

Are you an American, or are you a Democrat?

If you're born in America then you're American. If you're born in Africa then you're African. Just like Australians, Canadians, Brazilians, and so on. Haiti is a black country not in Africa but we don't call them Haitian Americans. You are where your born at.

What about the millions of middle eastern, white and Indian people who live in Africa and have for a very very long time now? How come no one calls Elon musk, Charlize Theron, Neil blomkamp, and so on African americans? They are from Africa and live in America and citizens. Or other whites with African ancestry?

Everytime you say African American then you're buying into a misconception and essentially a lie because you want to go along with the group and do what the group says to do. You're told to believe something that simply isn't true for no reason at all. You let the bandwagon and white guilt dictate your speech and perceptions.

What I mean is, no one calls me a German, Swiss, Irish, American. It's my heritage, so how come no one calls me by my entire lineage?

So if someone is American and black call them an American or black. It isn't racist to state facts. And the fact is, Africa is a place and not a skin color.
That is a hard fact for most democratic leftist whose retardation just doesn’t allow common senes to work in the minds of these asses within the masses.

Yep

#1 Post of the day.

This hyphenated-American thing is another part of the overall PC/Identity Politics culture that the American Left somehow thinks helps it.

It doesn't. But they just won't admit it to themselves.
I used to work with a black fella that was a couple of years older than me and he absolutely hated the term "African-American".

He was an Army Vet that emphatically stated he was an American, period. He told me once he would rather be referred to as ni**er instead of African.

Lol

I used to work with a black fella that was a couple of years older than me and he absolutely hated the term "African-American".

He was an Army Vet that emphatically stated he was an American, period. He told me once he would rather be referred to as ni**er instead of African.

Lol
This stuff is strange. Some go for it, others are insulted by it.

This stuff is strange. Some go for it, others are insulted by it.
The hyphens are a type of self segregation from the rest of society... which is something I thought we were trying to eliminate.

It's a twisted argument to say I don't want to be treated differently because of the color of my skin on one hand, and then demand to be treated differently because of the color of your skin on the other.

How is that ever supposed to work?

You make some good points. Why did they call Black people "Negro?" There is no country called Negro.

if the claim of all human life originated in africa is true wouldnt that make all of us african americans or is there a time limit??

I prefer to be called African-American. I like being connected to the continent of my ancestors. :)
Have you traced your ancestry? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just curious.

My bloodline on my father's side originated in Sicily, and my great grandfather came through Ellis island as a child. On my mom's side, it's primarily Irish and Native American as far back as I can find.

I just stick with "American" as that would be too many hyphens to try and keep up with.

Lol

Forum List

Back