black officer sues for discrimination

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013

I don't think he has a leg to stand on. He is violating department rules on social media. They will repermand you no matter what color.

No wonder his fellow officers were spreading hatred about him if he's going about saying the department is racist and he's suffering racism by not getting the promotion he wanted.

Fucking wet-wipe. Should be sent to the welfare line.

Syracuse, NY ― A high-profile Black police officer who filed a Syracuse racial discrimination claim last month was reprimanded days later for posting a video that included him listening to rap music.
The reprimand came six days after a Syracuse.com story about his legal action against the police department.
Now, Officer Brandon Hanks, a hometown cop once seen as a bridge between the department and the Black community, is accusing the city of retaliation, too.

Hanks, 28, who grew up on the city’s Southwest Side, has become the department’s most well-known officer in recent years after making national headlines when he started playing basketball with local kids in full uniform and duty belt. He promised to buy new shoes for anyone who beat him.
His sneaker challenge was celebrated as a much-needed grassroots way to break down the barriers between police and the communities they cover. It caught the eye of NBA point guard Rajon Rondo, who donated sneakers for Hanks to give away.
Less than a month ago, Hanks stood on the steps of City Hall with Mayor Ben Walsh, Police Chief Kenton Buckner and others to help announce the creation of a Police Athletic League. In December, he received a Mayor’s Achievement Award.
Hanks also appeared to be a rising star for his more traditional police work, too. He made the department’s Gun Violence Suppression Detail, a unit he had to apply to be on. Hanks last year was recognized, along with another officer, for his actions when a man charged officers with a hatchet and he and another officer shot the man.

But Hanks decided to accuse the department of racial bias after being denied a role on Syracuse’s gang task force. The unit is staffed only with white officers.
Capt. Timothy Gay noted the social media video of Hanks with rap music playing in an internal memo describing concerns with adding Hanks to the undercover ranks, according to a copy filed with the original notice of claim in June.
Hanks was considered for a 30-day rotation on the gang violence unit upon recommendation from his direct supervisor, Lt. Donald Patti. Patti is a former member of the gang task force.
But Gay solicited concerns about Hanks from other officers after hearing of Patti’s recommendation, according to the internal memo.
On April 7, Gay met with members of the gang task force who looked for the social media posts.

“As a result of social media posts that came to Syracuse Police Department’s attention in March 2021, Officer Brandon Hanks was issued a written reprimand for violating the department’s social media policy,” she said. “The reprimand was approved by Chief Buckner in early June, and prior to the filing of the notice of claim by Hanks’ lawyers on June 23, 2021.”

Hanks’ accusations of racial discrimination were made public last month when he filed the notice of claim against the city. That’s a required precursor to any lawsuit against the police department, putting them on notice of a grievance.

So here's a guy that grew up in rough neighborhood turned cop.
Does good things with the kids gets medals from the boss.
Asks if he can be a part of the undercover gang task force, with recommendations from a previous Lt.

All of a sudden his social media comes into focus, words are heard from somewhere in his vicinity and he is accused of breaking policy.
This just days after receiving a recommendation to be appointed to this special undercover gang task force..

Something don't smell right. Why don't they want a black man in a black neighborhood part of that undercover gang task force?
Why is it only all white people in it?

This article is an exclusive from Syracuse.com. I had to actually subscribe to it to read it.
I'm sharing it for free and no strings attached.

I'm white, I'm not racist.
I would like to know why they don't want a black cop on an all white undercover gang task force in a black neighborhood.
Good cop with recommendations, all of a sudden investigated for music on his social media platforms.

There's more to this story...

2 hours ago:

Syracuse’s youth violence draws more than 100 to emergency meeting, including NY Attorney General

A 7-year-old was critically injured June 28; five people were shot Sunday night, including one who was critically injured.

I wonder if this Hank's cop could of found some inside information and prevented this from happening.....
But alas, we will never know because he was denied and silenced because somebody said the N word in a rap song.

Interesting world we live in today.
Hugs

Fuck blacks.
You know....that still doesn't help make you better.
mancardrevoked.jpg

No wonder his fellow officers were spreading hatred about him if he's going about saying the department is racist and he's suffering racism by not getting the promotion he wanted.

their was another black cop got fired becasue he was giving BLM personal info on white cops. I recall that happening.

their was another black cop got fired becasue he was giving BLM personal info on white cops. I recall that happening.
Should be in jail not fired ffs

Should be in jail not fired ffs
There is a lot of mistrust in white cops trusting black ones or mexian cops now. Thanks to the BLM terrorists.

I don't think he has a leg to stand on. He is violating department rules on social media. They will repermand you no matter what color.

LOL,

who 'discriminated' him, another blacks or Hispanic?
White Cops in NYC are quickly decreasing minority

Forum List

Back