Billions to be wasted again, for return trips to Moon.?!?

It's what really needs to be done. and you put up the new shit first THEN tear down the old shit
Well for decades Republicans didn't tear anything down or build anything up. They were too busy giving tax breaks to the rich. Now infrastructure needs fixing and you don't want to undo those tax breaks to the rich. That means you want to shift the burden on to us.

Remember Pawlenty in Minnesota had a bridge collapse and people died? That was because he gave rich Minnesotans tax breaks rather than spend money on infrastructure. Now all these years later you want to talk shit like you are now?

I suppose in 10 years you'll be telling us how to go Green. You, a person who denied we needed to go Green. You'll become an expert and claim you always new man made climate change was real.

thats right plus the advancements in engineering and physics.....sadly war is another theater were medical and engineering advancements come from......worth the money to me....
The space program was a war program

Well for decades Republicans didn't tear anything down or build anything up. They were too busy giving tax breaks to the rich. Now infrastructure needs fixing and you don't want to undo those tax breaks to the rich. That means you want to shift the burden on to us.

Remember Pawlenty in Minnesota had a bridge collapse and people died? That was because he gave rich Minnesotans tax breaks rather than spend money on infrastructure. Now all these years later you want to talk shit like you are now?

I suppose in 10 years you'll be telling us how to go Green. You, a person who denied we needed to go Green. You'll become an expert and claim you always new man made climate change was real.
And neither did democrats.

They just paid billions to have the same roads repaved over and over every year

And neither did democrats.

They just paid billions to have the same roads repaved over and over every year
That's how it works stupid. We could pay twice as much and get a road that'll last 3 times as long but cheap asses like you won't pay twice as much. So we have to patch.

Piss off you fucking loser. Nit picker.

thats right plus the advancements in engineering and physics.....sadly war is another theater were medical and engineering advancements come from......worth the money to me....
Do you realize if you lived in Texas and worked for the post office you'd probably be making $15 hr?

Max you'd make $54K.

a household income of around $100,000 or more is generally considered to be well off in Texas.

a yearly salary of $55,000 can provide a comfortable living for a single person in Texas

There is no state income tax in Texas which helps, auto insurance can be expensive, food is a little cheaper than say in the Northeast. Anyway, is it possible, I guess that depends on you and your lifestyle.

On $55K a year, you can live in Texas. But is that living? Really? LOL

That's how it works stupid. We could pay twice as much and get a road that'll last 3 times as long but cheap asses like you won't pay twice as much. So we have to patch.

Piss off you fucking loser. Nit picker.
and yet everything the government does costs more and is of lower quality than it would in the private sector

and yet everything the government does costs more and is of lower quality than it would in the private sector
Don't forget who laid the ground work for the private sector. Back before doing this was profitable. The government figured it out first and corporations are quick to jump on board as soon as it is profitable.

And, don't forget who the private sectors customer is. The US Government.

Let's get into specifics. Democrats did a great deal of damage? I'm sorry you got run out of California Harry. Republicans love to kick California around. They are jealous of California. If it were a country it'd be the 5th largest economy in the world. Sorry you can't afford to live there. How you doing in the state you live in now? What state do you live in now?

Holy shit postal clerks in TX make up to $40 hr? Shit! Sign me up Harry

Reality is As of Dec 31, 2023, the average hourly pay for a Postal Worker in Texas is $15.92 an hour. While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $31.08 and as low as $7.82, the majority of Postal Worker salaries currently range between $11.84 (25th percentile) to $16.91 (75th percentile) in Texas.
carriers make more.....and i can afford to live there....i got tired of wall to wall people every place you go.....freeways backed up even on sundays....

Moon landing attempt by U.S. company appears doomed after 'critical' fuel leak​

Can't get any lower quality than this.

And how about Boeing?
1704817677539.png

Imagine that happening on a space shuttle.

As a Conservative trapped in the body of a Libertarian I have mixed emotions about this topic.

On one hand in my life I have seen the benefits of the technological advances because of the space program.

On the other hand I see that we are $33 trillion in debt and that we should greatly reduce government spending.

In the Apple TV program "For All Mankind" the story line wrestles with the same issue. Why invest money on space exploration unless you can get a good rate of return on it?

Then you have the issue of the general advancement of scientific knowledge. We need to know as much about our universe as we possibly can. For instance, if we discover evidence of primordial life on Mars that would be a great scientific advancement in our understanding of life in the universe.

I would be incline to keep exploring space and cut back spending in many other areas.

Here we go again. I hear on the news, that billions are to spent on another set of Moon missions, for return trips to the Moon.!?! The Moon is a dead life less rock in space.! There is nothing there.!?!! Why do we need to return to the Moon??. Is there not other things we could spend those billions of dollars on??!! I wonder who is leading some of these space delivery companies. What are these CEO's of these companies thinking?. This is all one big waste of money.??!
The quick answer is, you are completely ignoring the many products and technologies we now take for granted that we got because we went through the process of getting to the moon. You might as well complain about wasting money on any new research or technology.

Do you realize if you lived in Texas and worked for the post office you'd probably be making $15 hr?

Max you'd make $54K.

a household income of around $100,000 or more is generally considered to be well off in Texas.

a yearly salary of $55,000 can provide a comfortable living for a single person in Texas

There is no state income tax in Texas which helps, auto insurance can be expensive, food is a little cheaper than say in the Northeast. Anyway, is it possible, I guess that depends on you and your lifestyle.

On $55K a year, you can live in Texas. But is that living? Really? LOL
when i worked there it didnt matter what state you lived in...the pay was all the same....so no i would be making much more than 15....when i was retiring the new people were starting off at around 18 an hour...nation wide....when they get permanently hired they got about 5 more....and then as you accumulate time you get so called step raises and more benefits...

Little ditty about Sealy and Blues Man
Two American kids growin' up in the heartland
1704817677539-png.885663

S: Imagine that happening on a space shuttle.
B: How about the government inspectors that didn't find the defect?
S: So you want the government to regulate the company?
B: Inspections are a commonplace thing aren't they?

As a Conservative trapped in the body of a Libertarian I have mixed emotions about this topic.

On one hand in my life I have seen the benefits of the technological advances because of the space program.

On the other hand I see that we are $33 trillion in debt and that we should greatly reduce government spending.

In the Apple TV program "For All Mankind" the story line wrestles with the same issue. Why invest money on space exploration unless you can get a good rate of return on it?

Then you have the issue of the general advancement of scientific knowledge. We need to know as much about our universe as we possibly can. For instance, if we discover evidence of primordial life on Mars that would be a great scientific advancement in our understanding of life in the universe.

I would be incline to keep exploring space and cut back spending in many other areas.
get rid of the waste spending.....problem solved....

Forum List

Back