Bill Would Require US National Soccer Teams Stand for National Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this will be a wake-up for some people. If government can force you wear a mask in public they most certainly can force a Soccer Team to stand or no funding...
Wearing a mask in public during a pandemic protects public health. Forcing athletes or others to stand for white supremacy doesn't.

Mask cost money, libs whine voter suppression about people not being able to pay $10 for an ID.
As for the white supremacy talking point, it's amusing the same athletes who want to disrespect the US as a racist country are more than happy to display respect for countries like China.

Still pining for the freedom of the Soviet Union?
Do you long for his return?
598024633-quote-Benito-Mussolini-fascism-should-more-appropriately-be-called-corporatism-204204.png

LOL, isn’t that what we see with Twitter and YouTube banning conservatives?

...BTW, I see tens of thousands of protesters supporting George Floyd, but I don't see any supporting the racist pig who murdered him;...
BTW, it looks like George Floyd may have killed himself with a drug overdose.

Read the toxicology report. His blood had 11 ng/mL Fentanyl. That exceeds a lethal dose.

See page 14 of 20.

0*PMx2-_VUlSAV9omy

https://govtrackinsider.com/bill-wo...-teams-stand-for-national-anthem-3658805cce48

"What the bill does

"A new bill would suspend federal taxpayer funding for the 2022 and 2026 soccer World Cups, unless the U.S. Soccer Federation repeals its policies allowing players to kneel during the national anthem.

"The 2026 World Cup is scheduled to be held across multiple locations in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.

"As far as GovTrack Insider can tell, this is the first legislation introduced regarding the 'kneeling for the national anthem' controversy."

What does it say about a "free country" that mandate$ patrioti$m?

It says millions of fans aren't going to watch pro sports any more until these nitwits come to their senses. I haven't watched a game of any kind since Big Hair Kaepernick pulled his career ending simple minded stunts.

Most people who claim that have indeed watched, including you most likely.

Nope, I watch Bundesliga soccer. I've been following Bayern Munich since 1958. I only watch college football.

0*PMx2-_VUlSAV9omy

https://govtrackinsider.com/bill-wo...-teams-stand-for-national-anthem-3658805cce48

"What the bill does

"A new bill would suspend federal taxpayer funding for the 2022 and 2026 soccer World Cups, unless the U.S. Soccer Federation repeals its policies allowing players to kneel during the national anthem.

"The 2026 World Cup is scheduled to be held across multiple locations in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.

"As far as GovTrack Insider can tell, this is the first legislation introduced regarding the 'kneeling for the national anthem' controversy."

So if one player on the team sits during the anthem; does the funding get pulled? Seems crazy.

0*PMx2-_VUlSAV9omy

"What the bill does

A total waste of time, taxpayer funds and effort, even though the radical right wing Trump supporters love this sort of thing. Aside from being unconstitutional on the surface, Putlin loving Trump and his do nothing Senate majority are toast after November 3. President Biden and the Democrats will reverse everything he has done to harm our country. And, that's bigly!!!
President Trump has done nothing to harm our country. He has done plenty to overturn the harm done by Obama. Your mention of "Do Nothing Senate" shows how little you know about how the Senate operates. Since there are fewer than 60 Republicans in the Senate, Dems can block any bill that they don't like.
PS: Who is Putlin?

0*PMx2-_VUlSAV9omy

"What the bill does

Nothing says FREEDOM like force!

when trump steals the next election don't be surprised when they pass a bill mandating christian prayer
Y'all said the same thing about W. Didn't happen then, won't happen now.

Have you ever considered, like, making a rational argument instead of fear-mongering?

I wonder if there are any players on the team who are embarrassed by the prog media wonders? Do you think conservatives are even allowed on the team?

It says millions of fans aren't going to watch pro sports any more until these nitwits come to their senses. I haven't watched a game of any kind since Big Hair Kaepernick pulled his career ending simple minded stunts.
Would you say most of those "millions of fans" have white skins? White supremacy is one of the core, founding principles of this country, and there won't be any fundamental economic change in the US until the dwindling white majority stops ignoring their privilege.

"Since NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick first knelt during the national anthem in August 2016 to protest police brutality and racial inequities, other players across other sports began following suit.

"After U.S. women’s soccer player Megan Rapinoe knelt, the U.S. Soccer Federation adopted a policy in February 2017 mandating men’s and women’s national team players “shall stand respectfully” during the national anthem."

I have two thoughts on this. First of all the government shouldn't be coercing citizens how to pose during the anthem. Secondly, I would like to see the end of all taxpayer funding of sports.
All taxpayers and all customers to cable TV.

It says that if you can't honorably represent the country you are there to represent, you don't get to be on the fucking team.

You can be free kneeling somewhere else. It's that fucking simple, commie.

No one has a right to be on the team.

I would rather just cancel U.S. National sports if all the players are going to do is shit on us around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back