Bill Clinton meets Jesus (joke)

I try not to push people. I mention Christ and if they are interested go from there. If I am talking to a Christian I often ask them if they have read the entire Bible. If not, I recommend they do but also find a good book that will help them understand what they are reading. The Old Testament can be very confusing.
no kidding!

When I first had a conversion to Christ (very young) I tried to read the OT, was going to read the whole Bible but.. as u say, confusing. I skipped to the New T

If the Bible was all I had to go by, I very likely would not be a Christian or certainly not a serious one as I am today. It was "Catholic stuff" like the rosary that got me on the narrow pathway. Then I found the tangible Presence of Christ which (maybe strangely..) still abides in the corrupted Catholic bergoglio Church. Then I found the True Catholic Church, the Society of St Pius X but those are few and far btwn so I don't go to Mass there often.

If it weren't for the Real Presence, and I am not exaggerating one bit here.. I would not believe certain things in the Bible. I had a heck of a time understanding this one thing I had heard over and over in homilies (sermons) and had read in Scripture.. told someone once that I believe all that is in the Bible except that one thing (I won't say bc its a long story).. But anyway, the Real Presence is what got me to believe that one thing I strugged with.. I am forever indebted to the priest who shared the RP with me.. didn't evne know it existed until he did.. (raised Catholic but barely). The priest on the other hand came from a devout family. thank God he did.

no kidding!

When I first had a conversion to Christ (very young) I tried to read the OT, was going to read the whole Bible but.. as u say, confusing. I skipped to the New T

If the Bible was all I had to go by, I very likely would not be a Christian or certainly not a serious one as I am today. It was "Catholic stuff" like the rosary that got me on the narrow pathway. Then I found the tangible Presence of Christ which (maybe strangely..) still abides in the corrupted Catholic bergoglio Church. Then I found the True Catholic Church, the Society of St Pius X but those are few and far btwn so I don't go to Mass there often.

If it weren't for the Real Presence, and I am not exaggerating one bit here.. I would not believe certain things in the Bible. I had a heck of a time understanding this one thing I had heard over and over in homilies (sermons) and had read in Scripture.. told someone once that I believe all that is in the Bible except that one thing (I won't say bc its a long story).. But anyway, the Real Presence is what got me to believe that one thing I strugged with.. I am forever indebted to the priest who shared the RP with me.. didn't evne know it existed until he did.. (raised Catholic but barely). The priest on the other hand came from a devout family. thank God he did.
To me the as a Protestant the Catholic Church has complicated but interesting beliefs. You mention one.

Like many Protestants, I believe the bread and wine of the Last Supper are symbolic and not the actual body and blood of Christ. However I also believe such symbols can be powerful.

Could I be wrong — of course.

If I am wrong will I be doomed to Hell? I surely hope not and sincerely believe that my faith in Christ will save me.

To me the as a Protestant the Catholic Church has complicated but interesting beliefs. You mention one.

Like many Protestants, I believe the bread and wine of the Last Supper are symbolic and not the actual body and blood of Christ. However I also believe such symbols can be powerful.

Could I be wrong — of course.

If I am wrong will I be doomed to Hell? I surely hope not and sincerely believe that my faith in Christ will save me.
thanks for being open minded.. so refreshing after all the (sometimes bizarre) stuff thrown at me by anti-Catholics.

Are you doomed to Hell? Only God knows the condition of your soul. I myself know you are open to Christ so that is a good place to be, obviously.

Yeh, RE that Scripture I never could believe but believed because, and only bc, of the Real (tangible Presence) of Christ in the RC Church: I could tell you which Scripture but for now I just want to say that.. I feel it was a very, very important Scripture but I couldn't believe it because of my past experiences which told me a seemingly contradictory "truth." I joke about my family dysfunction at times but really, I have often had the thought that my entire family is on its way to Hell.. long story but the short version is that they do not put Jesus first and from my viewpoint, don't even try.. and so when you come from such a family, you, like it or not, become like them in some ways.. sometimes you don't even know on a conscious level that you really are like them (in a sinful way) but of course, if you follow Jesus (Truth itself), you will discover.. so many things and get insights about your life.. which btw happens in spades when one is in the Real Presence (not exposed). In the exposed Presence, if you are anything like me, you don't even think about worldly things.. Anyway, I seem to be forgetting an important point I was going to make, but I will re-read what i have so far and maybe it will come to me..

Forum List

Back