Biggest Problem with Cops: Too many Small out-of-shape cops

GHook20

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2020
Las Vegas and Chicago
One of the biggest problem I see with cops now-a-days, is they let in too many tiny cops or keep on too many cops that are out-of-shape. And yes they allow in too many women that are no physical match for men.

I am sorry, but if you are picking a job in which being larger, stronger, and more athletic is a essential, then you should meet a certain size, strength, and agility requirements. In addition, there should be standards to keep those requirements with annual testing.

The reality is more physically opposing cops are less likely to see resistances and more likely to handle resistance without using their gun. In addition, they are less like to have their gun take from them.

The bar also should not be lowered for women. More then likely the majority of incidents they are going to encounter are going to be with men and they need to be able to handle the greater physical strength (on average) of men. I know the movies are trying to show us that women can easily take down men. Just look at the MCU they are changing all the male hero’s to men (Thor, Ironman, Hawkeye, Superman-Captain Marvel, Black Panther etc), but in reality it is not the case. On average, very few women can physical match the average sized and strength; start moving up the chain and the number of women who can compete gets closer to zero. This is despite what the MCU tells us!

There are a bunch of issues with policing (many related to how hard the job is), but this is one of them.

Police departments across the country are desperate to hire ANYONE who wants to be a Cop thanks to the vicious anti-cop environment since the George Floyd debacle and the Democrats "Defund The Police" movement.

A friend's daughter is a cop. She's a Watch Commander.

The women in her charge, when confronted by someone bigger and stronger, and told to simply taze the guy. Whatever it is he's doing, he'll probably stop...

I remember the days of night sticks. That was "less lethal" but required skill and strength to use. There were no forms to fill out after use, or automatic desk duty. My guess is tasers replaced nightsticks because tasers do not require any skill or strength to use and thus females would be on an equal playing field. However, if you watch Police Activity videos, tasers are a very unreliable way to subdue a perp and sometimes give a perp a burst of energy and as we have seen in more than one recent case, female cops sometimes mistake their Glock with a Taser gun.

Last edited:
I'm 6'-4", over 250#.

I made fun of a 5 foot little, petite blond girl once.....when she told me she was going into police training. I said something like "Damn girl, how are you going to carry a gun? It's going to be bigger and heavier than you"!!!

She smiled at me. Walked over to me. THREW me over her shoulder.....and CARRIED me across the room and sat me on a table.

I stood up, saluted her, and said "YES MA'AM"!!!!

We have a saying here in the South........dynamite comes in small packages.

One of the biggest problem I see with cops now-a-days, is they let in too many tiny cops or keep on too many cops that are out-of-shape. And yes they allow in too many women that are no physical match for men.

I am sorry, but if you are picking a job in which being larger, stronger, and more athletic is a essential, then you should meet a certain size, strength, and agility requirements. In addition, there should be standards to keep those requirements with annual testing.

The reality is more physically opposing cops are less likely to see resistances and more likely to handle resistance without using their gun. In addition, they are less like to have their gun take from them.

The bar also should not be lowered for women. More then likely the majority of incidents they are going to encounter are going to be with men and they need to be able to handle the greater physical strength (on average) of men. I know the movies are trying to show us that women can easily take down men. Just look at the MCU they are changing all the male hero’s to men (Thor, Ironman, Hawkeye, Superman-Captain Marvel, Black Panther etc), but in reality it is not the case. On average, very few women can physical match the average sized and strength; start moving up the chain and the number of women who can compete gets closer to zero. This is despite what the MCU tells us!

There are a bunch of issues with policing (many related to how hard the job is), but this is one of them.

That all reads like someone who has never been a actual police officer, or even in the military honestly.

That's all just lazy armchair cheap observations that don't actually apply to reality.

When properly trained size has little to do with it. Granted there is a point where even training has difficulty overcoming size, but those are the minority situations and simple backup can fix that situation quite easily.

If size all you are worried about then having more officers buddied up is the solution.

I remember the days of night sticks. That was "less lethal" but required skill and strength to use. There were no forms to fill out after use, or automatic desk duty. My guess is tasers replaced nightsticks because tasers do not require any skill or strength to use and thus females would be on an equal playing field. However, if you watch Police Activity videos, tasers are a very unreliable way to subdue a perp and sometimes give a perp a burst of energy and as we have seen in more than one recent case, female cops sometimes mistake their Glock with a Taser gun.

Night sticks require next to no strength, that's why they were invented. It's a tool when used properly has a lot of uses and is very versatile. It's like using a board as a lever to lift something easily you couldn't otherwise do without it. A night stick is based on manipulation of position and leverage. A small woman trained with a night stick can overcome a man 3x her size with minimal effort without the need to club him with it, that's the entire point of it and why it is designed with the way it is in the main arms length and the handle position.

I'm 6'-4", over 250#.

I made fun of a 5 foot little, petite blond girl once.....when she told me she was going into police training. I said something like "Damn girl, how are you going to carry a gun? It's going to be bigger and heavier than you"!!!

She smiled at me. Walked over to me. THREW me over her shoulder.....and CARRIED me across the room and sat me on a table.

Yeah......I don't buy that story.

1640659504504.png

tenor.gif

tenor2.gif

25C6C17700000578-0-image-a-2_1424213749109.jpg

I'm 6'-4", over 250#.

Cool story, bro……

That's due their inclusive routine. Left dumbs people down to the lowest common all the time.

I'll never forget when I visited Chicago two years ago, false alarm in the Hotel. 30 fire persons (cough) stood in the entry for half an hour plus with dumb looks on their faces, and honest at least half were fragile, in poor shape and looked like your average donut control unit inside any bureaucratic office. They have to be physically fit and able in my neighborhood, but Chicago is progressive & leveling the playing field.

That all reads like someone who has never been a actual police officer, or even in the military honestly.

That's all just lazy armchair cheap observations that don't actually apply to reality.

When properly trained size has little to do with it. Granted there is a point where even training has difficulty overcoming size, but those are the minority situations and simple backup can fix that situation quite easily.

If size all you are worried about then having more officers buddied up is the solution.

Night sticks require next to no strength, that's why they were invented. It's a tool when used properly has a lot of uses and is very versatile. It's like using a board as a lever to lift something easily you couldn't otherwise do without it. A night stick is based on manipulation of position and leverage. A small woman trained with a night stick can overcome a man 3x her size with minimal effort without the need to club him with it, that's the entire point of it and why it is designed with the way it is in the main arms length and the handle position.
Nope no military or policing for me.

I was an all state wrestler back in the day so I see your point there. But I am talking about physically weak and out of shape people and yes women. I don’t care how much training you get many of these cops aren’t physically up to the job!

A friend's daughter is a cop. She's a Watch Commander.

The women in her charge, when confronted by someone bigger and stronger, and told to simply taze the guy. Whatever it is he's doing, he'll probably stop...
Not even close the case in most incidents. Without the taser most women would become victims themselves

I'm 6'-4", over 250#.

If true, then she would probably pass the strength and agility test to be a cop… but is sounds fake.

That's due their inclusive routine. Left dumbs people down to the lowest common all the time.

I'll never forget when I visited Chicago two years ago, false alarm in the Hotel. 30 fire persons (cough) stood in the entry for half an hour plus with dumb looks on their faces, and honest at least half were fragile, in poor shape and looked like your average donut control unit inside any bureaucratic office. They have to be physically fit and able in my neighborhood, but Chicago is progressive & leveling the playing field.
Chicago is where I grew up and most familiar with… you nailed it

Forum List

Back