Biggest Problem with Cops: Too many Small out-of-shape cops

One of the biggest problem I see with cops now-a-days, is they let in too many tiny cops or keep on too many cops that are out-of-shape. And yes they allow in too many women that are no physical match for men.

I am sorry, but if you are picking a job in which being larger, stronger, and more athletic is a essential, then you should meet a certain size, strength, and agility requirements. In addition, there should be standards to keep those requirements with annual testing.

The reality is more physically opposing cops are less likely to see resistances and more likely to handle resistance without using their gun. In addition, they are less like to have their gun take from them.

The bar also should not be lowered for women. More then likely the majority of incidents they are going to encounter are going to be with men and they need to be able to handle the greater physical strength (on average) of men. I know the movies are trying to show us that women can easily take down men. Just look at the MCU they are changing all the male hero’s to men (Thor, Ironman, Hawkeye, Superman-Captain Marvel, Black Panther etc), but in reality it is not the case. On average, very few women can physical match the average sized and strength; start moving up the chain and the number of women who can compete gets closer to zero. This is despite what the MCU tells us!

There are a bunch of issues with policing (many related to how hard the job is), but this is one of them.

Came across this today...

PICTURED: Hero police officer who killed Colorado shooter after he murdered five and shot HER in stomach​

• Lakewood Police officer Ashley Ferris, 28, confronted gunman Monday night
  • Lyndon McLeod, 47, had just left a hotel after shooting dead his fifth victim
  • Ferris ordered him to drop his weapon and McLeod shot her in the abdomen
  • She bravely fired back at the killer, 'neutralizing the threat'
  • Ferris was lauded as a 'hero' for stopping the tragedy from being any worse

Lakewood Police Agent Ashley Ferris, 28, shot and killed the rampaging gunman after he shot her in the abdomen

AASgjQr.img

McLeod had come on to the radar of police in 2020 and 2021, Denver police chief said, but no charges were ever filed. He did not say why there was concern

52313819-10355679-McLeod_had_come_on_to_the_radar_of_police_in_2020_and_2021_Denve-a-30_1640870990423.jpg

Came across this today...

PICTURED: Hero police officer who killed Colorado shooter after he murdered five and shot HER in stomach​

• Lakewood Police officer Ashley Ferris, 28, confronted gunman Monday night
  • Lyndon McLeod, 47, had just left a hotel after shooting dead his fifth victim
  • Ferris ordered him to drop his weapon and McLeod shot her in the abdomen
  • She bravely fired back at the killer, 'neutralizing the threat'
  • Ferris was lauded as a 'hero' for stopping the tragedy from being any worse

Lakewood Police Agent Ashley Ferris, 28, shot and killed the rampaging gunman after he shot her in the abdomen

AASgjQr.img

McLeod had come on to the radar of police in 2020 and 2021, Denver police chief said, but no charges were ever filed. He did not say why there was concern

52313819-10355679-McLeod_had_come_on_to_the_radar_of_police_in_2020_and_2021_Denve-a-30_1640870990423.jpg

The vast majority of altercations with criminals does not require guns but physical altercations.

The vast majority of altercations with criminals does not require guns but physical altercations.
True that, but this brave and heroic woman was shot and still managed to take down the perp.

She's probably physically fitter than some of her male colleagues.

I wasn't disagreeing with your premise in general, just pointing out that there are exceptions, and giving credit where it is due.

Happy New Year,
Jim

True that, but this brave and heroic woman was shot and still managed to take down the perp.

She's probably physically fitter than some of her male colleagues.

I wasn't disagreeing with your premise in general, just pointing out that there are exceptions, and giving credit where it is due.

Happy New Year,
Jim
This is not a knock on women… there are some very tough female cops that are more then well suited for the job… and there are out of shape men that run out of breathe just by standing up.

I remember the days of night sticks. That was "less lethal" but required skill and strength to use. There were no forms to fill out after use, or automatic desk duty. My guess is tasers replaced nightsticks because tasers do not require any skill or strength to use and thus females would be on an equal playing field. However, if you watch Police Activity videos, tasers are a very unreliable way to subdue a perp and sometimes give a perp a burst of energy and as we have seen in more than one recent case, female cops sometimes mistake their Glock with a Taser gun.

Cops LOVE tazers. They're great torture devices! And they don't leave evidence-no bruises, no blood in the car, no risk of straining a shoulder or breaking an expensive Maglite-best thing for cops since the drive-through donut shop!

Forum List

Back