Bigger Failure, Bush or Trump

Who was the bigger failure?

• Bush

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Trump

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
Tough choice but I went with Bush being the bigger failure even though the bioterrorism attack we've suffered with during 2020 has been responsible for a far greater number of deaths than the 9/11 attacks. My choice is primarily driven by my opinion that the Iraq invasion was Pollyannish in its thinking of its result. The economic situation Bush inherited and how he left it also contributed to my choice.

Obama gave the nation eight years of stable leadership without the crisis and drama we got out of Bush and Trump.

That is why America turned to Biden

Obama gave 150 billion dollars in cash to the worlds worst terrorist country who used the cash to murder American soldiers .....

Obama created the worst refugee crisis in Europe since World war 2

obama allowed isis to run rampant throughout iraq and afghanistan.

obama mishandled his own pandemic, the N1H1 and was lucky it wasn't as bad as this......cause he screwed up his response completely.....

obama kept he economy trashed for 8 years.

obama is one of the worst Presidents in our history and the future will not be kind to him.
The future is already kind to Obama

He provided eight years of sanity between the insanity of Bush and Trump

Wrong......obama will either be completely forgotten or will be called out as the worst President in our history......one who engaged in an actual coup against our Republic...using the FBI, CIA, IRS, DOJ and State Department to attack reporters, citizens and the opposition political party....2 of our countries worst political scandals are tied to obama............the attempted coup and the stolen election.

GWB, one of the worst presidents in US history. Bush inherited a balanced budget with a projected stimulus and left with a total financial meltdown and a massive gov deficit shortfall. Add in 2 failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the failed Katrina respionse and you have a typical GOP presidency... total failure.

Trump, one of the most insane presidents in US history. The Trump Covid "plan"/response will go down as the biggest blunder in the entire history of America... What a feat. On top of that Trump has bankrupted the US government leaving us with crippling deficits and an economy reliant on multi-trillion dollar aid packages.

Which president is the bigger failure, it is a very hard question to answer. I am leaning Bush, but they are both so bad...

No. W worst. O even worse. Dumb Don really bad.

You're an equal opportunity politician hater Gip. But be careful not to get splinters in yer butt from that fence you're sitting on. ;)
LOL. I get that fence sitting criticism a lot here. It’s what partisans of the two criminal gangs do. It’s not even close to accurate. I’m not on the fence at all. I know both gangs suck. Too bad you’re not enlightened like I am.

Well, who did you vote for in 2020 and in your lifetime, who was your favorite president?
I don’t vote. It clearly means nothing. JFK is my favorite. All the others suck.

GWB, one of the worst presidents in US history. Bush inherited a balanced budget with a projected stimulus and left with a total financial meltdown and a massive gov deficit shortfall. Add in 2 failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the failed Katrina respionse and you have a typical GOP presidency... total failure.

Trump, one of the most insane presidents in US history. The Trump Covid "plan"/response will go down as the biggest blunder in the entire history of America... What a feat. On top of that Trump has bankrupted the US government leaving us with crippling deficits and an economy reliant on multi-trillion dollar aid packages.

Which president is the bigger failure, it is a very hard question to answer. I am leaning Bush, but they are both so bad...

GWB--hands down. But, if we are going to included the wars here and that is what we are using then it should be brought up there were 6 countries that were bombed under Obama's watch.

At some point this lie about Trump being a peaceful president needs to stop.

Additionally, where we would automatically nail Bush II on things such as the use of faith based organizations receiving funding then we would have to go back to what was happening under Clinton and the Charitable Choice Act of 1996 which was also promoted by Obama. Heavily.

This is teeny, tiny small potatoes. Are faith based charities generally speaking bad? I don't think so and I'm an atheist.

And if we really wanted to get serious on the absolute worst president why are we not looking at Jimmy Carter's directive from 1973 to provide secret aid to the opponents of pro-Soviet forces in Afghanistan.

I love the shallow thinking involved in this game.

We could talk about the Taliban and Reagan, what are your thoughts on that?
View attachment 434064

In hindsight all presidents make mistakes or make the wrong choices, that's a given. We're talking next level shit here so please, we don't need a laundry list of past presidents' errors to dilute the poison of the last two Republican presidents
The sides change over and over. You are being disingenuous as a Prog radical is schooled to be.

GWB--hands down. But, if we are going to included the wars here and that is what we are using then it should be brought up there were 6 countries that were bombed under Obama's watch.

Additionally, where we would automatically nail Bush II on things such as the use of faith based organizations receiving funding then we would have to go back to what was happening under Clinton and the Charitable Choice Act of 1996 which was also promoted by Obama. Heavily.

This is teeny, tiny small potatoes. Are faith based charities generally speaking bad? I don't think so and I'm an atheist.

And if we really wanted to get serious on the absolute worst president why are we not looking at Jimmy Carter's directive from 1973 to provide secret aid to the opponents of pro-Soviet forces in Afghanistan.

View attachment 434064

In hindsight all presidents make mistakes or make the wrong choices, that's a given. We're talking next level shit here so please, we don't need a laundry list of past presidents' errors to dilute the poison of the last two Republican presidents
The sides change over and over. You are being disingenuous as a Prog radical is schooled to be.

You missed my point entirely. I'm not surprised.

A
Bush's biggest failing (other than the fact he was a conservative which I wouldn't like anyway) was Iraq. If you subtract that, he was competent, professional, and he had a moral compass (his reason for not pardoning Libby for example, despite pressure from Cheney). I think, over time history will be a little kinder to him as it also has been to Carter though he will probably rank near the bottom. Trump, with his now complete abdication of his job and duties, is far worse and has left a very tangled legacy that we likely won't realize for years.

You shitstains hated Bush as much as you hate Trump, but now, you use Bush to attack Trump just like you will use Trump to attack the next republican....your act is old and worn out....

Wrong. We all came together with Bush over 911, left and right, felt he handled it well. In fact, I've credited him with that from the beginning. Not like you shitstains who wanted to arrest and expel every Muslim in America.

And 5 seconds later you screamed "Bush lied, people died." You lying sack of shit....

Prove it. Show me a quote where I said that, you "lying sack of shit".

You're an equal opportunity politician hater Gip. But be careful not to get splinters in yer butt from that fence you're sitting on. ;)
LOL. I get that fence sitting criticism a lot here. It’s what partisans of the two criminal gangs do. It’s not even close to accurate. I’m not on the fence at all. I know both gangs suck. Too bad you’re not enlightened like I am.

Well, who did you vote for in 2020 and in your lifetime, who was your favorite president?
I don’t vote. It clearly means nothing. JFK is my favorite. All the others suck.

Voting means nothing? Man, you really are disillusioned. However, we can agree on JFK. I was too young to assess him at the time but later in life, I've come to the same conclusion.

My pop was civil service at Pt Mugu in SoCal. Because of that, my family got right up front in the rope line when he landed in a helicopter and made a short speech. Pretty cool to have shaken his hand at the age of 5 in 1962.

I presume you would agree that every current leader on earth today whose nation is going through this pandemic is the worst leader that nation has ever had.

Bush's biggest failing (other than the fact he was a conservative which I wouldn't like anyway) was Iraq. If you subtract that, he was competent, professional, and he had a moral compass (his reason for not pardoning Libby for example, despite pressure from Cheney). I think, over time history will be a little kinder to him as it also has been to Carter though he will probably rank near the bottom. Trump, with his now complete abdication of his job and duties, is far worse and has left a very tangled legacy that we likely won't realize for years.
GW was solely responsible for the housing crash as well as the trespasser invasion, business visa invasion and 25,000 factories leaving the US.

Trump has benefited China. Russia's emboldened too, but only cold war warriors see Russia as a long term geopolicial threat. China doesn't even pretend to have free elections or an opposition to the govt. Trump's "soft spot" for Putin is well discussed, but I think his China failure was unplanned and just incompetent.

On the other hand, W's response to 9-11 with Iraq pretty much ended our claim as the one remaining suprerpower, and our credibility on world threats like Iran is zero. China actually offers the West more of a partnership is dealing with threats.

Domestically? Will W's blowing up the deficits end medicare or our military dominance? Will Trump's incompetnce make us the 21st century Britain. I dunno.

Unless you're white, I don't see much reason to vote R unless you consider AOC

I presume you would agree that every current leader on earth today whose nation is going through this pandemic is the worst leader that nation has ever had.
Yet Asia is seeing postive growth

Trump has benefited China. Russia's emboldened too, but only cold war warriors see Russia as a long term geopolicial threat. China doesn't even pretend to have free elections or an opposition to the govt. Trump's "soft spot" for Putin is well discussed, but I think his China failure was unplanned and just incompetent.

On the other hand, W's response to 9-11 with Iraq pretty much ended our claim as the one remaining suprerpower, and our credibility on world threats like Iran is zero. China actually offers the West more of a partnership is dealing with threats.

Domestically? Will W's blowing up the deficits end medicare or our military dominance? Will Trump's incompetnce make us the 21st century Britain. I dunno.

Most of the Russians I have met who emigrated to the US say the US is just as corrupt as Mother Russia.

It’s great when one lives in a dictatorship.
Why don’t you try it for a few years

Bush's approvals were underwater ehen he left office. Now his approvals are in the 50s while Obama is in the 60s. Everybody looks good compared to Trump.

Most of the Russians I have met who emigrated to the US say the US is just as corrupt as Mother Russia.
ummm, what's that got to do with the thread or my post LOL

Lots; have a cup of coffee and perhaps your brain will start functioning.

It’s great when one lives in a dictatorship.
Why don’t you try it for a few years
oh fuck urself pretend independent

View attachment 434064

Can you show me where I made the claim that Trump was a peaceful anything? No?
Grow up. What you don't want is a laundry list of past presidents simply because those would incorporate those from the Democratic Party. It really is that damn simple.
Faith based organizations go over the line of separation of church and state. The fall out then shows up when those organizations or even sainted hospitals that refuse to provide specific surgeries or provide something as simple as birth control based on the church views which are supposed to be separate from the hospital or charity utilize propaganda acting as if the churches themselves are losing said "freedoms".

We can spend all day on Reagan and the Peshawar Seven. I'm not afraid.

Lots; have a cup of coffee and perhaps your brain will start functioning.
try a noose, it'll be an improvement for u

Voting means nothing? Man, you really are disillusioned. However, we can agree on JFK. I was too young to assess him at the time but later in life, I've come to the same conclusion.

My pop was civil service at Pt Mugu in SoCal. Because of that, my family got right up front in the rope line when he landed in a helicopter and made a short speech. Pretty cool to have shaken his hand at the age of 5 in 1962.

Voting is a total waste of time and you’re delusional to think otherwise. In the last half century nothing would be fundamentally different, if the loser had won. As we see now, senile Biden won’t do much different from dumb Don.

Please dispute the following...

Trump, like all Presidents, has fulfilled the two critical jobs expected of him, protecting Wall Street and the military budget.

Forum List

Back