Biden’s Riot Act Falls Flat

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016
3 Nov 2022 ~~ By John Podhoretz

Joe Biden wanted to give a stirring speech to rouse Americans to angry purpose about the threats to democracy represented by “election deniers” running for office across the country. He was, according to CNN’s reporting, spurred to action by the horrible attack last week on the husband of the speaker of the House, which Biden believes is a direct result of Donald Trump’s effect on the United States over the past seven years.
So … that’s what he wanted. But, as the great philosopher Mick Jagger once said, you can’t always get what you want.
~Snip~
But is election denial itself a paramount threat to the very future of this country, as this speech would have you believe? Please.
If it were, then every person who stood by smiling and nodding as Stacey Abrams claimed the governorship of Georgia had been stolen from her — hundreds of elected Democratic officials across this country among them — would be every bit as guilty of a crime against our country’s foundation as the people who thought and think the same of Donald Trump’s loss in 2020.
They aren’t guilty of any substantive offense except being sore losers on someone else’s behalf. That stinks, and we’re a less civil polity because of it. But while election denial did play a role in inspiring the Jan. 6 attack, the shocking increase in political violence in the United States long preceded it.

Commentary:
I distinctly recall him saying he was a “uniter” when he was installed in office. That lasted 5 minutes, continued on until present day. Even made a threatening Dark Brandon speech a month ago, trying to intimidate and ostracize half the county, that would have made Mussolini blush.
Biden's attempt at hanging all of our nations troubles and mismanagement on Trump was not a brilliant idea. He did not address anything that would move his followers to hustle and win this coming election.
There was no mention of our border invasion, the Afghan debacle, destroying our fuel supplies and any number of other destructive actions that are harmful to our Republic. Biden also tried to link Trump to the current Paul Pelosi unfortunate situation with a man friend in his bedroom that ended with Pelosi being seriously wounded. I think that Biden is a huge embarrassment to his supporters who have any good sense left.

Last edited:

Joe Biden wanted to give a stirring speech to rouse Americans to angry purpose about the threats to democracy represented by “election deniers” running for office across the country. He was, according to CNN’s reporting, spurred to action by the horrible attack last week on the husband of the speaker of the House, which Biden believes is a direct result of Donald Trump’s effect on the United States over the past seven years.
So … that’s what he wanted. But, as the great philosopher Mick Jagger once said, you can’t always get what you want.
~Snip~
But is election denial itself a paramount threat to the very future of this country, as this speech would have you believe? Please.
If it were, then every person who stood by smiling and nodding as Stacey Abrams claimed the governorship of Georgia had been stolen from her — hundreds of elected Democratic officials across this country among them — would be every bit as guilty of a crime against our country’s foundation as the people who thought and think the same of Donald Trump’s loss in 2020.
They aren’t guilty of any substantive offense except being sore losers on someone else’s behalf. That stinks, and we’re a less civil polity because of it. But while election denial did play a role in inspiring the Jan. 6 attack, the shocking increase in political violence in the United States long preceded it.

Commentary:
I distinctly recall him saying he was a “uniter” when he was installed in office. That lasted 5 minutes, continued on until present day. Even made a threatening Dark Brandon speech a month ago, trying to intimidate and ostracize half the county, that would have made Mussolini blush.
Biden's attempt at hanging all of our nations troubles and mismanagement on Trump was not a brilliant idea. He did not address anything that would move his followers to hustle and win this coming election.
There was no mention of our border invasion, the Afghan debacle, destroying our fuel supplies and any number of other destructive actions that are harmful to our Republic. Biden also tried to link Trump to the current Paul Pelosi unfortunate situation with a man friend in his bedroom that ended with Pelosi being seriously wounded. I think that Biden is a huge embarrassment to his supporters who have any good sense left.

Where did the speech air? Just MSNBC/CNN? Did anyone watch it? It's not trending on Twitter at all and no one is talking about it.

It's over, Biden

Where did the speech air? Just MSNBC/CNN? Did anyone watch it? It's not trending on Twitter at all and no one is talking about it.

It's over, Biden
I saw a bit of it on the tube; quite underwhelming methinks.

ps; can't find it at short notice. here's Kudlow on it.

Greg

The long knives are already out for Biden, speech or no speech. Just yesterday the NYT and CNN mentioned his "fumbles" at campaign stops. If Tuesday turns out the way we think it will--he's done. I don't think he will even finish his term.

Don't be surprised when the predicted red wave is a small ripple. The main take away from FJB's speech last night was his warning that we won't know the results of the elections until days after Tuesday. I haven't heard an organized republican response addressing safeguards that are in place to protect election integrity. When democrats are in the minority they constantly hold press conferences, republicans not so much.

Don't be surprised when the predicted red wave is a small ripple. The main take away from FJB's speech last night was his warning that we won't know the results of the elections until days after Tuesday. I haven't heard an organized republican response addressing safeguards that are in place to protect election integrity. When democrats are in the minority they constantly hold press conferences, republicans not so much.
I think it will be massive not even the lawbreaking Dims can save it now.

Fox News aired the whole thing, in the middle of the Jesse Waters show.

It was infuriating. Nothing but a political attack ad. The President should not be allowed to do this. It is a political contribution in kind.

Interesting that he said not one word about how successful his policies have been.

Very interesting.

There was no mention of our border invasion, the Afghan debacle, destroying our fuel supplies and any number of other destructive actions that are harmful to our Republic. Biden also tried to link Trump to the current Paul Pelosi unfortunate situation with a man friend in his bedroom that ended with Pelosi being seriously wounded.
That's really low.. blaming something on someone who had less than nothing to do with it..

No one who is well informed votes for the Party of Crazy.. the Party of No Borders.. the Party of Baby Killers

Greg

@ point 3.04 he says bidum wants to give people money to pay for oil since HIS policies made the price go up. . but of course he never says that last part (whose fault it is).

you see how these dirtbags get people to think that gummit is the answer to all problems? This is by design.. this destruction of our system so as to implement.. what? a Utopia?

ha ha.. so comical.. thinking that communism is going to work out.. (not that they call it that.. but a rose by another name..)

Actually, it does work out for the ones who work in gummit, the ones who have power. All the resources go to them in communism.. while the little people literally got to hell..

If anyone thinks depending on these elite bastards is a good thing.. wait and see. If communism wins out in this country.. you will be sorry you ever set eyes on these pigs much less voted 4 them

Greg

the video of Jn Kennedy of LA (lower left corner in box) is a great way to inform people of what the Trump Admin did

The leftists in everyday america didn't get to find out.. since the mainstream media were obsessed with ONE story:

orangeManBad

~Snip~

Commentary:
It's totally amazing how these people just can't see the forest through the trees. I guess they believed they were going to rile up their base to get out and vote but, instead, they riled up their opponent's bases and Independents to get out and vote. If they would have asked me for my opinion, I would have told them how stupid that was going to be but these guys are so desperate it is like a bunch of the blind leading the blind. It just goes to show you, they literally had nothing good to run on. With 70% of Americans thinking the country was going in the wrong direction, they made these elections about continuing in the same direction.

It is hard for anyone to see our President's last speech as anything other than delusion.
Many of us are aware that other folks interpret the reality gap as mere political posturing.
Joey Xi's speech turned out to be pure mean-spirited desperation,
just as his dark Sept tirade.

How are the dims breaking the law?
1667514335867.png

Forum List

Back