Biden’s immigration policy....Is it good for black folks?

funny you guys address this issue----Just last nite
I opined-----to hubby-----' the very first people to
complain will be working blacks ' seeing their jobs
handed over to-----|-"god" knows what" and their
neighborhoods INVADED by " "god" knows what "

This isnt anything new.
I remember back in the 80's pretty much all concrete work was done by blacks,now it's nothing but mexicans.
Same for trucking,garbage men and a shitload of other blue collar jobs.

Of course it is. It's going to lead to a guaranteed wage for everyone.

Biden's immigration policy will lead to a guaranteed wage? WTF BS.

I explained how and why. You can address what I said or not.

And those were debunked, fricken pay attention.

It's already started.

2021 Will Be the Year of Guaranteed Income Experiments
Philanthropic investment and private fundraising...good luck with that. That's almost like praying money falls from the sky...dumbass.

Yeah well, you only read part of it.

Those who were doing good lose their jobs and we end up with millions and millions of people with no lively hood. We will then start enacting a guaranteed living wage. There are already places starting to do this and those arguing for it
Do I understand it correctly that some people will be getting a 'salary' without having to do any work for it?

I have heard about this idea, but still it raises more questions than gives answers. For example, what level of this income should be - to cover only basic needs such as food and clothing or something more? What will a source be to finance these spendings?

I'm sure that will all be worked out.

Those who will be made legal are already working here. They already have jobs. They have been for decades.

Because we keep letting them in and giving them amnesty.

As the corporate and political elite see it the only way to remain competitive is to drive wages down by flooding the market with willing workers. Stabilization of the minimum wage is the death nail in the coffin for unskilled laborers. Another economic fact is removing marginal competition ( the smalls) from the market place to preserve and expand market share of larger politically connected firms. The market is designed to reward workers based on experience, ability, and reliability, not government mandate. In all my years I have never seen an example of a firm replacing highly skilled proven workers for cheap inefficient labor, you simply get what you pay for.

Disney 'made US workers train their Indian replacements' lawsuit says

And you think this is a good thing?

It doesn't matter what I think about it.

Biden's immigration policy, including amnesty, means ever-growing social safety net programs and a larger gov't bureaucracy to manage it, and very poorly I might add. The FWA is appalling, and that ain't good for anybody except those getting a free handout and those who are cheating or abusing the system. It really is incredible that anyone with common sense can't see that the trajectory the democrats want to put us on is eventually unsustainable. I can only assume that they believe the debt and resulting rise in interest payments are inconsequential, we can just print or create more money as if inflation will never be problem into infinity. It's as if the concept of earning a living is foolish when the gov't can give you everything you need. Live for today and let tomorrow take care of itself, right? We are I believe the 1st generation that cared more for ourselves than the generations that follow us. The problems grow larger and harder to fix every day; rather than addressing them we are adding to the pile.

Is completely ignoring the businesses attracting illegals to come here really the path the Democrats set us on? Is this not a path both parties have sent us on?

Who tried to stop the flow of illegals?

Nobody.

Those who will be made legal are already working here. They already have jobs. They have been for decades.

Whatever. I argued for years to address the issue and we didn't.

Those who were doing good lose their jobs and we end up with millions and millions of people with no lively hood. We will then start enacting a guaranteed living wage. There are already places starting to do this and those arguing for it
Do I understand it correctly that some people will be getting a 'salary' without having to do any work for it?

I have heard about this idea, but still it raises more questions than gives answers. For example, what level of this income should be - to cover only basic needs such as food and clothing or something more? What will a source be to finance these spendings?

Actually, I was asking about your opinion.

As the corporate and political elite see it the only way to remain competitive is to drive wages down by flooding the market with willing workers. Stabilization of the minimum wage is the death nail in the coffin for unskilled laborers. Another economic fact is removing marginal competition ( the smalls) from the market place to preserve and expand market share of larger politically connected firms. The market is designed to reward workers based on experience, ability, and reliability, not government mandate. In all my years I have never seen an example of a firm replacing highly skilled proven workers for cheap inefficient labor, you simply get what you pay for.

I dont see how replacing American workers with immigrants who will work for far less as a positive.
Whatever happened to dems being for the working class American?

I worked in a machine shop years ago that was owned by an indian.
He brought in a bunch of indians and wanted me to train them,I of course said no and that they could learn the same way I did,through experience.
pknopp is an old man and is relying on the Stock Market and his savings.

I support addressing the issue. There are two ways. Address the businesses hiring illegals OR address it by making the illegals legal.

We wouldn't do the first and it looks like Biden will do the second. So OK.

How anyone would think it's a good idea to give money for nothing is a good idea is beyond me.
The obvious intent is to make the populace dependant on the government.

How anyone would think it's a good idea to give money for nothing is a good idea is beyond me.

Whatever. We will have no other options because no one wanted to address this in other ways.

It doesn't matter what I think about it.

Sure it does.
You can stop voting for the people who want to implement these policies.

And who insists on open borders?

I dont see how replacing American workers with immigrants who will work for far less as a positive.

He brought in a bunch of indians and wanted me to train them,I of course said no and that they could learn the same way I did,through experience.

I find it hard to believe he has anything tied up in the stock market.
If he did he wouldnt vote for democrats.

I support addressing the issue. There are two ways. Address the businesses hiring illegals OR address it by making the illegals legal.

We wouldn't do the first and it looks like Biden will do the second. So OK.
I dont understand what it has to do with illegals. If there wasn't them there wouldn't be a need to impose the income?

And who insists on open borders?

Business.

I find it hard to believe he has anything tied up in the stock market.
If he did he wouldnt vote for democrats.

When did I do that? Well, I did vote for Bernie. He understands the markets are corrupt and need cleaned up.

Whatever. We will have no other options because no one wanted to address this in other ways.

Bullshit.
Stop voting for the people who want to implement these policies.
By voting for them you agree with them.

Forum List

Back