Biden's National Park Service sued over racist "no cash" policy

sounds like a bunch of old white Karen’s demanding to speak to the manager.

This should be an open and shut easy win to make the parks take cash again. Once the government stops accepting its own currency the end is near

Has nothing to do with National Parks
Yeah, I am at a loss as to what one topic as to do with the other myself. . .

There was nothing in this tweet;

1711053731500.png

. . or this article about race and ID? So I don't get the connection at all. . .

The only people it will be a problem for is those who do not have a bank account nor credit card. The poor who probably do not go to national parks.

Still I would suspect that the only ones who go to national parks are those who can afford it. Driving distance is a factor that would require significant gas purchases and food. Still driving in remote areas with just cash is like putting a rob me sign on ones back

Still society is moving towards a cashless option as well as the word.

Yet the real problem is poor people may not have a bank account. Still I suspect they are not interested in driving to some national park when they need to put food on the plate and pay rent.

Still statistics show in other countries that the cashless trend is catching on

77% of South Koreans would rather pay without cash, compared to only 33% of Filipinos.

Trump will make it a campaign issue but only his loyalist will carry that torch.

Trump probably doesn't carry cash

• Consumers used cash in 26 percent of transactions, down from 30 percent in 2017
  • Debit cards were the most used instrument, accounting for 28 percent of payments
  • Credit cards accounted for 23 percent of payments, a 2 percentage point increase from 2017
  • Cash was used heavily for small-value payments, representing 49 percent of payments under $10
  • The share of cash use among individuals under 25 years old is the highest of any age group
  • In-person2 payments accounted for 73 percent of all transactions. Participants used cash for 35 percent of in-person payments

These are the national parks and national historic sites that have switched or are switching to a cashless policy.

• Badlands National Park, South Dakota: Find out more
  • Bent’s Old Fort National Historic Site, Colorado: Find out more
  • Chaco Culture National Historical Park, New Mexico: Find out more
  • Crater Lake National Park, Oregon: Find out more
  • Cumberland Island National Seashore, Georgia: Find out more
  • Death Valley National Park, California, Nevada (starting June 1): Find out more
  • Devils Tower National Monument, Wyoming: Find out more
  • Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine, Maryland: Find out more
  • Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland (three month pilot program started April 15): Find out more
  • Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii (starting May 26): Find out more
  • Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site, New York: Find out more
  • Isle Royale National Park, Michigan: Find out more
  • Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, Montana: Find out more
  • Mount Rainier National Park, Washington (starting May 26): Find out more
  • Pipe Spring National Monument, Arizona: Find out more
  • Prince William Forest Park, Virginia (three month pilot program started May 1): Find out more
  • Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado (starting June 1): Find out more
  • Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Michigan: Find out more
  • Thomas Edison National Historical Park, New Jersey: Find out more
  • Vicksburg National Military Park, Mississippi, Louisiana: Find out more
  • Wind Cave National Park, South Dakota: Find out more
  • Wright Brothers National Memorial, North Carolina: Find out more
Looks like they have not touched the Great Smokey Mountains Park yet....

I wish somebody would sue the assholes that make you have your ticket to a sports event on your phone. That's discrimination, just like cashless national parks.

No cash is bullshit
Legal tender
So far I’ve told two No Cash places that here is the cash, call the cops, I’m taking the item I just paid for

Forum List

Back