Biden's Derogatory Names Task Force at USGS Working To Remove The Word "Squaw" From Federal Lands

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
Personally, I think we have some more important things to address than a historical word being used to honor Native American women and wives. Fixing inflation or the baby formula shortage would have much more impact on improving the lives of Native American women than worrying about someone's irrational feelings boo boos.

Reminds me of how some woke school boards during COVID focused on renaming their schools, using preferred pronouns, or instituting all kinds of identity instructions (BLM/LGBTQ/CRT) instead getting the children back into their schools so they could get a mediocre education in person.

Or the woke crowd making sure only White people are pictured on consumable products like pancake syrup and rice, and professional sports teams renaming mascots even though it was meant to honor the subject as a fierce and capable opponent we should root for.

Gotta distract from the real problems which the Dems have no plan to fix. Instead, they want your vote, because these meaningless initiatives show that it's the Dems who really care about the oppressed minorities. Yeah, right.

News article from the DailyWire...

Here is background information from the USGS on the super important renaming task force....

Here is a link to the Secretary of Interior Deb Haaland's order, directing the removal of the word "squaw."
(she is a squaw herself)
1658876782031.png

And here is a link to a map showing the nearly 700 sites they are planning to rename...

1658876694603.png

Personally, I think we have some more important things to address than a historical word being used to honor Native American women and wives. Fixing inflation or the baby formula shortage would have much more impact on improving the lives of Native American women than worrying about someone's irrational feelings boo boos.

Reminds me of how some woke school boards during COVID focused on renaming their schools, using preferred pronouns, or instituting all kinds of identity instructions (BLM/LGBTQ/CRT) instead getting the children back into their schools so they could get a mediocre education in person.

Or the woke crowd making sure only White people are pictured on consumable products like pancake syrup and rice, and professional sports teams renaming mascots even though it was meant to honor the subject as a fierce and capable opponent we should root for.

Gotta distract from the real problems which the Dems have no plan to fix. Instead, they want your vote, because these meaningless initiatives show that it's the Dems who really care about the oppressed minorities. Yeah, right.

Here is background information from the USGS on the super important renaming task force....

Here is a link to the Secretary of Interior Deb Haaland's order, directing the removal of the word "squaw."
(she is a squaw herself)
View attachment 674971

And here is a link to a map showing the nearly 700 sites they are planning to rename...

View attachment 674970
Can it possibly get any more stupid?

Your lack of empathy is noted.
I don't see anything to be empathetic about.

By naming a federal site after a squaw, that seems to be an honor.

Empathy is an emotion for which one can identify with or understand another person's feelings, and in this case, I don't think anyone's feelings should be hurt by a historical name of a place which actually reminds us that Native Americans were here first.

If anything, we should be upset they they are wasting our money to do things like rename "Squaw Creek" to "Little Creek."

Do you not see how it is counter-productive?

1658879227971.png

Lol....cute. But seriously this crap is out of control. So many real problems and they're focused on this crap
It's just Kabuki Theatre to keep us distracted while they implode the country.
The progs figured out a long time ago how easily the masses can be distracted by the stupidest shit so they just keep doing it & convince the sheeple it's important stuff.
The RINOs play their part too as they pretend to fight with the Dems.
It's like a magician distracting with his left hand while his right does the real work

I don't see anything to be empathetic about.

By naming a federal site after a squaw, that seems to be an honor.

Empathy is an emotion for which one can identify with or understand another person's feelings, and in this case, I don't think anyone's feelings should be hurt by a historical name of a place which actually reminds us that Native Americans were here first.

If anything, we should be upset they they are wasting our money to do things like rename "Squaw Creek" to "Little Creek."

Do you not see how it is counter-productive?

View attachment 674986
No, I find it very productive in recognizing the peaceful process of redress via petition.

No, I find it very productive in recognizing the peaceful process of redress via petition.
What "petition" are you referring to?

The order simply states...
"The term “squaw” is hereby declared to be derogatory, and all existing Federal geographic names using the term will be treated in accordance with the BGN’s Policy
V: Derogatory and Offensive Names."

The order does it by edict. There is no other justification in the order, other than some lame rationale that the terms "Negro" and "Jap" were also found to be derogatory and removed in the past, and therefore it is time to remove the word "squaw."

Oh, the "peaceful redress," LOL.

What "petition" are you referring to?

The order simply states...
"The term “squaw” is hereby declared to be derogatory, and all existing Federal geographic names using the term will be treated in accordance with the BGN’s Policy
V: Derogatory and Offensive Names."

The order does it by edict. There is no other justification in the order, other than some lame rationale that the terms "Negro" and "Jap" were also found to be derogatory and removed in the past, and therefore it is time to remove the word "squaw."

Oh, the "peaceful redress," LOL.
I suggest you follow your link to the web page of the secretary and find out what is meant by petitions contributed by US citizens.

I suggest you follow your link to the web page of the secretary and find out what is meant by petitions contributed by US citizens.
Nonsense.

You can correct me if I missed something, but the Biden Admin proposed that they remove the term "squaw," and then opened a public comment period as required by law to allow people to comment on the proposed name changes, after the decision was made.

Show me where they show overwhelming support, or any other basis of support, for the decision to decide the word "squaw" is derogatory, other than by magical edict of the Biden Admin.

Show me the petition. Give me a link, not some vague suggestion. Thanks in advance.

"Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, a citizen of the Laguna Pueblo, has made it a part of her legacy to remove words that she feels are demeaning to Native Americans. Her goal, according to officials close to her, is to right the past, heighten attention and hopefully make progress for the future."

So, Moonglow, show me where this was not by edict of the bureaucrat.

Last edited:
The words origin was used to mean woman and brave was used to refer to men.

Considering searching the internet shows both meanings I can only assume it's only offensive to those that want it to be offensive. I assume the majority of those that find squaw offensive are probably white people and not actually indians.

But honestly, when the hell was the last time anyone used the word squaw? Outside of a movie made in the 40s or 50s Ive never actually heard it used in anything in my lifetime and I'm 47.

(she is a squaw herself)
View attachment 674971

View attachment 674970
always good to get the ignorant brainwashed functional stupid racist outlook... Native Americans hate it, that's all you need to know. Takes no time at all ay caramba....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back