U.S. to remove "squaw" from hundreds of federal lands place names

About time, I suppose--I wonder if Puta Creek is still OK?:

The Biden administration will remove the word “squaw” from place names on federal land as part of an effort to reckon with the nation's racist past, the Department of Interior said on Friday.
The word, a term for Indigenous women that Native Americans find offensive, is used in more than 650 place names on federal lands, according to the Department.
Several states, including Maine, Minnesota and Montana, have already banned the use of the term in place names.
"Racist terms have no place in our vernacular or on our federal lands," said Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, the nation's first Native American cabinet official.
"Our nation's lands and waters should be places to celebrate the outdoors and our shared cultural heritage - not to perpetuate the legacies of oppression."
She said her agency would also create an advisory committee to begin a review to find and replace other derogatory names of places on federal land.
The so-called Advisory Committee on Reconciliation in Place Names will be comprised of representatives from tribes, Native Hawaiians, civil rights and cultural studies experts and members of the public.
The committee's creation is aimed at accelerating the renaming of properties. Currently, there are hundreds of name changes pending before the Board on Geographic Names, and the process can take years, the Department said.
A Native American rights group applauded Haaland's action.
"It is well past time for us, as a nation, to move forward, beyond these derogatory terms, and show Native people - and all people - equal respect," John Echohawk, executive director of the Native American Rights Fund, said in a statement.
Wait until they take away everything you believe in, want, wait until they take away your home , your right to own dirtbag asshat.,

They are putting your country into exactly what communist Russia was you moron.

You are probably in love with that POS on the WEF forum.

These people will control you and take away EVERYTHING you have right now keep supporting this being taken away you dumb sob!

So the genocide isn't complete enough, now we have to remove ANY REMINDERS what so ever of Native Americans.

No more Native American place names, no more pronouns, nothing. Get rid of them all. And while at it, fucking burn the Natives in the ovens too

So the genocide isn't complete enough, now we have to remove ANY REMINDERS what so ever of Native Americans.

No more Native American place names, no more pronouns, nothing. Get rid of them all. And while at it, fucking burn the Natives in the ovens too
that is the stupidest comment i've ever heard....this is about doing away with a derogatory name. SQUAW Unbelievable....

your histories your learning about are from the DEMOCRATIC SIDE they re wrote man you ppl better pay attention to the lies your obeying and supporting.
Perfect example :

no one was talking about taking money away from police funding except to add more training and highly trained people. Defunding was the stupidest name for a program ever. Unbelievable stupidity.

Wait until they take away everything you believe in, want, wait until they take away your home , your right to own dirtbag asshat.,

These people will control you and take away EVERYTHING you have right now keep supporting this being taken away you dumb sob!

you need a lot more tinfoil. Change the channel you're way out there boy.... There are no communists in the United states or anywhere in the world except with a gun to their head in China North Korea and Vietnam and Cuba the poor things...

ship there are hundreds of place names with ***** (squaw) in them? What BS lol....

The Biden administration will remove the word “squaw” from place names on federal land as part of an effort to reckon with the nation's racist past, the Department of Interior said on Friday.
The word, a term for Indigenous women that Native Americans find offensive, is used in more than 650 place names on federal lands, according to the Department.
Several states, including Maine, Minnesota and Montana, have already banned the use of the term in place names.
"Racist terms have no place in our vernacular or on our federal lands," said Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, the nation's first Native American cabinet official.
"Our nation's lands and waters should be places to celebrate the outdoors and our shared cultural heritage - not to perpetuate the legacies of oppression."
She said her agency would also create an advisory committee to begin a review to find and replace other derogatory names of places on federal land.
The so-called Advisory Committee on Reconciliation in Place Names will be comprised of representatives from tribes, Native Hawaiians, civil rights and cultural studies experts and members of the public.
The committee's creation is aimed at accelerating the renaming of properties. Currently, there are hundreds of name changes pending before the Board on Geographic Names, and the process can take years, the Department said.
"It is well past time for us, as a nation, to move forward, beyond these derogatory terms, and show Native people - and all people - equal respect," John Echohawk, executive director of the Native American Rights Fund, said in a statement.
Squaw is a native American word. They invented it? Why exactly is it an offensive word now? What the fuck is going on in this country? :cuckoo:

I say let's forget about all of them all together. I mean they were savage people who murdered each other continuously. They enslaved each other continuously. They owned negro slaves and fought for the confederacy. We won't even talk about what the savages did in Mexico and South America regions.

Plus

They didn't have a word for wheel.

So,I am with the left on this. Write them out of our history.

Except for that decent one that didn't start a war during that first Thanksgiving.

Don't know what the republicans were thinking doing them so many favors. I mean look at how appreciative they are to the republicans for that.

Uuuh...

No wonder it was so easy to settle here for the much more sophisticated European and Asians
They didnt have a word for "wheel" because they hadnt even invented it. They had no written language either. There is nothing charming about Indians. They were violent savage retards with almost no redeeming qualities to speak of.

that is the stupidest comment i've ever heard....this is about doing away with a derogatory name. SQUAW Unbelievable....
They invented the god damn word!! How the fuck is it offensive to them?

Before:

1659089187819.png

After:
1659089217496.png

no one was talking about taking money away from police funding except to add more training and highly trained people. Defunding was the stupidest name for a program ever. Unbelievable stupidity.
They absolutely were talking about taking money from the police, and i remember plenty of democrats who said "...and yes, we really mean DEFEUND the police".

Hell, here is a NYT article with it in the fucking headline.

They didnt have a word for "wheel" because they hadnt even invented it. They had no written language either. There is nothing charming about Indians. They were violent savage retards with almost no redeeming qualities to speak of.
I know.. 😆 that was my point. How many amenities do Natives have today as a result of pale face? We will start with toilet paper, tampons horses.

Oh yeah...

And wheel. Apparently cavemen were more intelligent than redskins.

Certainly smarter than Franco.

Last edited:
They invented the god damn word!! How the fuck is it offensive to them?
The hell they did, it is a French perversion of the Indian word, a vulgar Indian word at that, for female genitalia. I can't understand why Indians all hate it, racist functional moron. what a bunch of stupid racist ****. poor America.

The hell they did, it is a French perversion of the Indian word, a vulgar Indian word at that, for female genitalia. I can't understand why Indians all hate it, racist functional moron. what a bunch of stupid racist ****. poor America.
WRONG!!!! Do some reading you ignorant fool.

White leftists eradicating ANY and ALL traces of non-white people from the public sphere.

Pretty much what I'd expect...

Forum List

Back