Biden will cancel CURRENT student debt; What about 2021 & beyond?

Momentum is strong for Biden to cancel CURRENT student debt. That’s incredible and will save me personally $40,000. But what about todays high school seniors who will take out loans NEXT year??? Where is their relief?? Its just gonna create more oppressive debt unless he does a fresh executive order every year.

We just need to get w modern civilization and make it free just like K-12

The cost of college is definitely a problem, however, the fix isn't making poor people pay off the debt of wealthier people, which is what the Biden and Warren/Schumer plans do. The answer is to take student loans out of the hands of the government because they caused the inflationary problem with the cost of college.

NO. That isn't right. The states provided funding for higher education. As that diminished over time, the cost of higher education continued to rise.

Momentum is strong for Biden to cancel CURRENT student debt. That’s incredible and will save me personally $40,000. But what about todays high school seniors who will take out loans NEXT year??? Where is their relief?? Its just gonna create more oppressive debt unless he does a fresh executive order every year.

You honestly think the banks will allow that?

It's all about expanding the Federal Government by whatever means they can.
It's what they teach, and what they want.

It ain't about the money, because they don't have the money to do it.
They have no right to transfer the origin of debt associated with college on to the American taxpayer.

Last edited:
It's all about expanding the Federal Government by whatever means they can.
It's what they teach, and what they want.

It ain't about the money, because they don't have the money to do it.
They have no right to transfer the origin of debt associated with college on to the American taxpayer.

Congress, routinely transfers legislative power to the Executive Branch, in these massive bills that staffers write that none of them read.

If they do it, they'll like be sued by Congress, and then the Court will tell us if Congress granted him that power. He doesn't have that power inherently, but he may have it granted to him by Congress.

Congress, routinely transfers legislative power to the Executive Branch, in these massive bills that staffers write that none of them read.

If they do it, they'll like be sued by Congress, and then the Court will tell us if Congress granted him that power. He doesn't have that power inherently, but he may have it granted to him by Congress.

I understand what you are saying, but I couldn't care less about Joe Biden.
I am saying the Federal Government, to include Congress, doesn't have the right to transfer the origin of debt associated with college on to the American Taxpayer.

It's just another institution they want to use to drag us down to a mind numbing mediocrity.
Garbage in ... Garbage out ... :thup:

The cost of college is definitely a problem, however, the fix isn't making poor people pay off the debt of wealthier people, which is what the Biden and Warren/Schumer plans do. The answer is to take student loans out of the hands of the government because they caused the inflationary problem with the cost of college.
I totally agree that cost has gotten out of control. You are right that the loans in private hands wouldnt be given as freely bc private business wouldn’t want the loss. So students wouldn’t qualify and then college would have to get less expensive.

Id favor an income-graded tuition. If your family earns less than $80K a year, you go for free. $80-150K you pay, say, $4000 a year. Over $250K you pay full tuition
Isn't this going to put the colleges out of business? Who is going to pay their employees' salaries, keep the lights on and the kids fed on campus, if they aren't paid their tuition? I'm not talking about Harvard; I'm talking about state university systems where most lower income kids go, but still need loans.
Forgiving existing loans does not end making new loans.
Still, that's got to be a big chunk of change. My first job in Maine, while I was looking for a teaching job, was at the state university 25 years ago. I was laid off 6 months later due to the first round of budget cuts that have been periodic since. The universities have been in trouble for ages. I'm just wondering how this affects ongoing ability to educate our young people. I do understand the forgiveness principle, from an economic stimulus standpoint. I'm just curious.

College should be a business decision.

You go to college to get an education so you can be more productive.

There should be an economic payback. Enought to make a return on your investment. If not then you were a dumbshit.

Nobody should be required to pay the debts that you incur.

If you have the money then you can major in whatever you want. If you don't have the money then that is your problem, not mine.

Biden is a fucking idiot to suggest using taxpayers money to pay off worthless debt. Anybody that voted for Biden is an idiot.

What about all the people who went to college and paid off their debt do they get a refund? You go down this road and forgive this debt but tell those that came before you sucks to be you doesn't seem very fair. If you run up huge debt for non college reasons should that be forgiven as well or are we just no longer holding anyone responsible for the decisions they make?

Pipe fucking dream

Man that guy conned the fuck out of you.

You can't just cancel debt without MASSIVE ripples throughout the economy.

You're not too bright

What about all the people who went to college and paid off their debt do they get a refund? You go down this road and forgive this debt but tell those that came before you sucks to be you doesn't seem very fair. If you run up huge debt for non college reasons should that be forgiven as well or are we just no longer holding anyone responsible for the decisions they make?

If Joe Biden forgives student loan debt, he doesn't respect Veterans who earned their college with the GI Bill .
Way to go Joe ... Got to say, you're making the wrong dang enemies.

I was kicked out of college for being a heartless conservative, given low grades on papers because the teacher didn't like my opinion not because she didn't like my writing style. Cost me 50k to get an AS degree after dropping out or getting kicked out of 3 different colleges. I don't make the big money. Biden almost got my vote because of this.

Great you can get a Masters in 17th Century Kabuki Theater and go right out and get that six figure job. All on the tax payers dime.

I totally agree that cost has gotten out of control. You are right that the loans in private hands wouldnt be given as freely bc private business wouldn’t want the loss. So students wouldn’t qualify and then college would have to get less expensive.

Id favor an income-graded tuition. If your family earns less than $80K a year, you go for free. $80-150K you pay, say, $4000 a year. Over $250K you pay full tuition
Isn't this going to put the colleges out of business? Who is going to pay their employees' salaries, keep the lights on and the kids fed on campus, if they aren't paid their tuition? I'm not talking about Harvard; I'm talking about state university systems where most lower income kids go, but still need loans.
Increased taxes are going to pay for it of course.

Every American should she for back-tuition...the tuition already paid. The govt 'owes me' back tuition....Every non-student still struggling to pay off tuition debt...Every student at Jr. Colleges, tech colleges, parents paying high tuitions for good private schools, Christian schools and colleges, etc...pile it on...see if Joe and Kamala will keep their promise...

So take your burden and give it to other people to struggle with. What a great injustice
scam. Sounds a lot like Communism.

I agree. Peach, what an airhead, thinks its okay for we tax payers to get stuck paying for everyone's college loan.

I wonder where she thinks the money will come from to pay for those loans.

Bush the elder got rid of Govt. loans cause they weren't being payed back. Clinton reinstituted them and here we are.

What an airhead Peach is.

How about people who looked at the cost of college, and chose to go to a trade school instead? Really sucks to be them, because they made a choice not to take on a college tuition debt, and now they've got one anyway.

$40,000? That degree in lesbian studies working out well for you?

I paid only $6000 for a Master's degree at a state school.

An EO like that would be shot down bigger than shit.
Good luck with your delusions, limp wrist.

No need for name calling. The chief executive of the federal govt can actually forgive those loans. Most student loans are federally subsidized anyway. Its like the owner of a bank just saying cancel certain loans. He has the authority
The federal loan programs are guarantees, not actually loans. The holders of these loans will eat the cost of forgiving them Who will repay them?

Forum List

Back