Biden to allow higher-ethanol fuel sales in summer to check gas prices

First E15 doesn't burn quicker. You're confused. Ethanol has a lower specific gravity, and lower energy per unit volume than gasoline, so your mileage will be a little less with E15.

FYI

E15, which is gasoline with 15% ethanol is growing in popularity, especially in the Midwest. The fuel is approved for all cars 2001 and newer. What drivers may not realize is the gasoline they currently use has 10% ethanol in it.
I'm in CA, when I pump gas all I smell is alcohol.

Biden about to speak in front of a couple tractors with piles of corn...
Christ, could the propaganda imagery get any more obvious and pathetic?
The podium is on bales of hay...
You know, cause he is just like the common man...

Hope he comes out in a flannel shirt and a John Deere hat to top off the shitshow.
Maybe he'll do some pickin' and grinnin' next!

WASHINGTON, April 12 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden will unveil plans on Tuesday to extend the availability of higher biofuels-blended gasoline during summer to curb soaring fuel costs and to cut reliance on foreign energy sources, senior administration officials said.

The move will allow Americans to keep buying E15, a gasoline that uses a 15% ethanol blend, from June 1 to Sept. 15. While E15 is only 10 cents cheaper on average and is less "energy dense," meaning drivers would need to buy more fuel, it should still help lower fuel expenses, they told reporters on a call previewing the announcement.

Biden to allow higher-ethanol fuel sales in summer to check gas prices

Drivers get less mileage out of E-15 but it's 10 cent less.....Only slag dems would think that that's a "savings".

To add insult to injury the world is facing a food shortage and we are going to burn yet more corn in our tanks?

Ya, that is the Tater admin for ya.
Older cars are not designed to handle higher ethanol fuel

this will cost American drivers billions in car repairs

Biden about to speak in front of a couple tractors with piles of corn...
Christ, could the propaganda imagery get any more obvious and pathetic?
The podium is on bales of hay...
You know, cause he is just like the common man...

Hope he comes out in a flannel shirt and a John Deere hat to top off the shitshow.

I hope he does too since it will make your head explode clean off your extremely red neck.

Lol...
I used to see that shit working at the nursing home...

joey_icecream.gif.c309599dd334078aa7601f4dd144a5ac.gif

Well since ethanol is made of corn, corn prices will soar just like when this shit gas was introduced

Wonder what Corn Pop the bad dude would say?

Should not do a thing to corn prices.

Just about all the corn from last year is already contracted if not delivered. Just about none has been planted yet. The ethanol plants have what they have and might be able to find a bit more but the feed lots and the rest of the people using field corn have already set their price.

Just about all the corn from last year is already contracted if not delivered. Just about none has been planted yet. The ethanol plants have what they have and might be able to find a bit more but the feed lots and the rest of the people using field corn have already set their price.
auto parts stores and repair garages will make a lot of money

but you might not see that from your bubble that protects you from every stupid thing biden does

auto parts stores and repair garages will make a lot of money

but you might not see that from your bubble that protects you from every stupid thing biden does

I agree this is stupid, I have said so on a couple of these threads since there are like 5 on this topic.

I would not put that stuff in my car.

But knowing it is a stupid idea does not mean I have to go along with a the stupid shit people say about it

One of the joys of not being a tribe member I can disagree with anyone I like and now worry about being kicked out of the club.

Sucks to be you

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Biden is going to extend the availability of higher biofuels-blended gasoline during the summer months, which means the production of ethanol will be more than was expected. Since corn is the basic ingredient for ethanol there will be a greater demand for corn than there otherwise would be, hence a rise in corn prices. So, at some point there will be less corn available for other uses, like food for instance. Anybody want to point out the flaw in my thinking?

Of course, but it's the same corn (or close) used to feed livestock.

Only about 10% of US corn is used for human consumption; the bulk of it is generally used for animal feed. So ethanol production has led to less corn for animal feed, which means that farmers have to pay more to feed their animals, a cost that gets passed on to consumers.
And after the ethanol is extracted, it's used for...animal feed.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Biden is going to extend the availability of higher biofuels-blended gasoline during the summer months, which means the production of ethanol will be more than was expected. Since corn is the basic ingredient for ethanol there will be a greater demand for corn than there otherwise would be, hence a rise in corn prices. So, at some point there will be less corn available for other uses, like food for instance. Anybody want to point out the flaw in my thinking?

Most of the corn produced last year has been contracted for and the price is set, this includes the ethanol plants.

Any price increase from little bit of extra ethanol produced will just be background noise to what the loss of corn from the Ukraine and Russia will cause.

Also, most planting has not yet started, we do not know what the mix will be between corn and soy beans. And if the USDA opens up CRP land to planting this year that would cover any thing that the ethanol plants might use extra

Forum List

Back