Biden to allow higher-ethanol fuel sales in summer to check gas prices

figures

ethanol is NOT good for a car's engine.. If you let a car sit a long time with ethanol in it, the water in the ethanol separates from the actual gas and causes RUST inside the engine...

I didn't get shutting down the pipelines... they are safer environmentally than carrying oil by tanker car on a train... but bye dim... all he cares about is defying Trump and Trump supporters...

=
Also, rust in the gas tank and clogs the fuel filter.

figures

ethanol is NOT good for a car's engine.. If you let a car sit a long time with ethanol in it, the water in the ethanol separates from the actual gas and causes RUST inside the engine...

I didn't get shutting down the pipelines... they are safer environmentally than carrying oil by tanker car on a train... but bye dim... all he cares about is defying Trump and Trump supporters...

=
Exactly right.... Nail on the head...

figures

=

YOu need to learn to read and turn off Pawssnews for a change. The pipeline that was shutdown was for dirty crude that the US has zero use for. I would have tied up at least one refinery only to export something we can't use in US. There is only a couple of real beneciaries from the Keystone XL and that is the Government of Canada and Koch Industriies. Even our Oil Companies wouldn't see a dime from it.

To add insult to injury the world is facing a food shortage and we are going to burn yet more corn in our tanks?

Yes, increasing that worthless ethanol crap is exactly the wrong thing to do, but then the fuel and food shortages here in the U.S. are all fake anyway, so he figures its' okay, since it only screws the peasants.

No matter what Biden does yous guys will whine and cry like a little girl already.
Any Hot Rodders { New trend } are bowled over my the damaging
effects of Ethanol.Now boosting it with higher levels will only
harm typical engines.It'd be like giving an already obese child in
7th Grade the biggest paper bag available for Trick r Treat.

WASHINGTON, April 12 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden will unveil plans on Tuesday to extend the availability of higher biofuels-blended gasoline during summer to curb soaring fuel costs and to cut reliance on foreign energy sources, senior administration officials said.

The move will allow Americans to keep buying E15, a gasoline that uses a 15% ethanol blend, from June 1 to Sept. 15. While E15 is only 10 cents cheaper on average and is less "energy dense," meaning drivers would need to buy more fuel, it should still help lower fuel expenses, they told reporters on a call previewing the announcement.

Biden to allow higher-ethanol fuel sales in summer to check gas prices

Drivers get less mileage out of E-15 but it's 10 cent less.....Only slag dems would think that that's a "savings".

To add insult to injury the world is facing a food shortage and we are going to burn yet more corn in our tanks?

Ya, that is the Tater admin for ya.
like the article says, a few cents cheaper per gallon and less efficient, so that means buying fuel more often which negates any savings, worst case it increases monthly cost to consumers.

Why the hell doesn't this administration just get a step on approving permits so we can retrieve the oil here. Oh, I forgot...Ole Pedo Joe is beholden to the far leftwing moonbat part of the Democrat party where domestic oil drilling is bad but buying oil from other countries is good, even if some of those other countries are hostile to the US and our Allies. Much better to give them our money then buy our own oil and keep more of that money here where people could have nice high paying jobs. Greater tax revenue to the coffers when more people work and pay taxes but logic doesn't seem to be a strong suit from this administration.

Wah, Wah, Wah.

The only thing you need to do to run E15 is to retune. My Hemi likes it and gets quite a power boost from it over 93 octane. Not as good as 100 octane but try and find that and be able to afford it.

You are playing Politics when there is nothing there. I bet that your head is exploding knowing the sales of EVs are on the rise. So keep crying like the little baby you are. Wah, Wah, Wah.
Bullshit! Anyone that knows anything about engines knows that ethanol damages them. Why do you think boaters shell out more money for fuel that doesn't have ethanol in it?

Bullshit! Anyone that knows anything about engines knows that ethanol damages them. Why do you think boaters shell out more money for fuel that doesn't have ethanol in it?
I just had to cringe when I paid over 5 buck's a gallon for non-ethanol gas.. Wow. It's worth it though, because like you say and like I know that ethanol destroys gasoline system's, and it shortens the life of the engine over time. Not good.

I just had to cringe when I paid over 5 buck's a gallon for non-ethanol gas.. Wow. It's worth it though, because like you say and like I know that ethanol destroys gasoline system's, and it shortens the life of the engine over time. Not good.
One more thing that Biden and his minions don't care about, Beagle! Give it a year and watch the auto repair shops start to fill up. It'll be "transitory" though...don't you worry! (eye roll)

One more thing that Biden and his minions don't care about, Beagle! Give it a year and watch the auto repair shops start to fill up. It'll be "transitory" though...don't you worry! (eye roll)
Biden and company are a bunch of out of touch bafoons. Well Biden's been there long enough to know better, but what we are learning is that Biden has been faking his experience for a long time, and now that he has been placed into one of the most top job's in the land, his inexperience is revealed big time.

like the article says, a few cents cheaper per gallon and less efficient, so that means buying fuel more often which negates any savings, worst case it increases monthly cost to consumers.

Why the hell doesn't this administration just get a step on approving permits so we can retrieve the oil here. Oh, I forgot...Ole Pedo Joe is beholden to the far leftwing moonbat part of the Democrat party where domestic oil drilling is bad but buying oil from other countries is good, even if some of those other countries are hostile to the US and our Allies. Much better to give them our money then buy our own oil and keep more of that money here where people could have nice high paying jobs. Greater tax revenue to the coffers when more people work and pay taxes but logic doesn't seem to be a strong suit from this administration.

That's because the Oil Companies already have the permits to do that. In fact, they have a gluttony of permits they aren't using already. Here in Colorado, we have oil wells capped off that have oil that could be producing with the turn of a crank. But you can't ship more oil than the refineries can handle. And you can't refine more oil than the storage facilities and the transports can handle. The truth to the matter is, the oil companies are all making record profits even by selling less gas products. Why would they be producing more when they would be cutting their own throats?

And why would the Admin be issuing more permits into sensitive areas when the ones already issued are not being used?

Okay, I run a Hemi with mods. That means that I have more than a 1 to one HP to CID already. I usually run on 87 octane due to cost but can easily go to 91 or 93. But if I do get serious and don't have deep pocket books, I will switch to E85 and have to do a serious retune. If I go to a 100 octane I would also do a serious retune but a different one.

When you start running high power outputs, you engine starts getting hot, real hot including the intake, heads, valves and cylinders. The cooler you can run them the more power you can force out of them. It is especially true on boosted engines of both supercharged and turbocharged engines. They have a tendency to have hot and cool spots during detonation in the combustion chambers. E85 limits those cold spots. and limits the hot spots in the other components. Yes, 100 and 110 octane can exceed the power of E85 but they use brute force to do it. You would better to run E85 than the higher octane ratings because the higher octane ratings would have extreme hot and cold differences and cost as hell of a lot more.

There are some serious motorheads that run E85 year round and have the tuning to do it. The big reason that they E85 has the bad rap is not because it's bad, it's because the oil companies want to you to believe it and they are quite affective. Yes, there might be as MPG difference or two but the power levels of a properly tuned E85 is actually slightly better than a 87 octane and it costs less. Today, most engines are high compression high HP to CID output so E85 works pretty well. But so does 87 octane. But when I put my foot in it, the E85 shows it stuff more and with either, the gas mileage goes out the window at that point. In the Hemi World, it's called "Putting a big smile on my face".

That's because the Oil Companies already have the permits to do that. In fact, they have a gluttony of permits they aren't using already. Here in Colorado, we have oil wells capped off that have oil that could be producing with the turn of a crank. But you can't ship more oil than the refineries can handle. And you can't refine more oil than the storage facilities and the transports can handle. The truth to the matter is, the oil companies are all making record profits even by selling less gas products. Why would they be producing more when they would be cutting their own throats?

And why would the Admin be issuing more permits into sensitive areas when the ones already issued are not being used?
Wow...talk about someone gobbling up the bullshit that this Administration is putting out! The TRUTH is that Joe Biden's little group of idiots decided right out of the gate that they were going to shut down oil and natural gas production and push their Green New Deal! They started that on day one and it continues until present day. That decision has led to out of control gas prices and sky rocketing prices on just about every other commodity that Americans buy!
You liberals OWN this because your clueless policies made it happen!

Wow...talk about someone gobbling up the bullshit that this Administration is putting out! The TRUTH is that Joe Biden's little group of idiots decided right out of the gate that they were going to shut down oil and natural gas production and push their Green New Deal! They started that on day one and it continues until present day. That decision has led to out of control gas prices and sky rocketing prices on just about every other commodity that Americans buy!
You liberals OWN this because your clueless policies made it happen!

I am a 71 year of Drag Racer with a Hemi that has an ET of 11.462 without running boost out of a 5.7 Hemi. Some call it a Cinderella Engine. I call it taking the old and reintroducing it into the new. My goal was to equal or exceed a Hemi 392 in all ways and do it normally aspirated and I did it. Okay, I did cheat a bit. But I ain't saying how nor pointing it out. E85 works well just like it did in the old German Fighter Aircraft Engines and the Allison V-12s.

I am a 71 year of Drag Racer with a Hemi that has an ET of 11.462 without running boost out of a 5.7 Hemi. Some call it a Cinderella Engine. I call it taking the old and reintroducing it into the new. My goal was to equal or exceed a Hemi 392 in all ways and do it normally aspirated and I did it. Okay, I did cheat a bit. But I ain't saying how nor pointing it out. E85 works well just like it did in the old German Fighter Aircraft Engines and the Allison V-12s.
Who cares?
You support an idiot who's ruined the US economy. Get your head out of your Hemi and realize how bad things are for your fellow Americans because people like you voted Joe Biden into office!

Who cares?
You support an idiot who's ruined the US economy. Get your head out of your Hemi and realize how bad things are for your fellow Americans because people like you voted Joe Biden into office!

I am just pointing out that you are attempting to use something that you don't know squat about because some Executive told you it was true in order to sell more oil products at higher prices. Forget about whether Biden supports it or not. And it's being offered at the pumps as an option where it's YOU that gets the option to buy it or not over another product. You don't have to press the button. So it's you that are trying to remove my option to buy it or not. Sounds to me like your Authoritian way of life is trying to run mine. Well, Benito, that ship has sailed.

I am just pointing out that you are attempting to use something that you don't know squat about because some Executive told you it was true in order to sell more oil products at higher prices. Forget about whether Biden supports it or not. And it's being offered at the pumps as an option where it's YOU that gets the option to buy it or not over another product. You don't have to press the button. So it's you that are trying to remove my option to buy it or not. Sounds to me like your Authoritian way of life is trying to run mine. Well, Benito, that ship has sailed.
Ethanol is terrible on things like gaskets, Vrenn...it's why boaters don't run it in their engines. The more ethanol you put into gas...the more damage it's going to do to your engine.

Forum List

Back